1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Passenger seat back shaking over bumps

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Taco's for All, Apr 26, 2009.

1. May 26, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    NamBam

NamBam Member

Member:
    Birmingham, Al
    Vehicle:
    2014 DBSC SSM Off-Road
    OME 887 on Bilistein 5100s. SPC UCA. Revtec Diff drop & OME Driveshaft spacer. AAL rears. SCS F5 16x8 w/ Nitto Ridge Grapplers LT285/75R16.
    My passenger seat does this too. Even though the seat is securely bolted to the frame, the seats are also on runners that slide the seats back and forth. So maybe the shake could be coming from there.

2. May 30, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    grammy

grammy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    4x4 v6 X-Cab
    The shake is coming from where the seat back is bolted to the seat bottom. When it locks in the upright position, there is play in the locking mechanism. I have had it apart and cannot see a way to fix it, unless the part was replaced with one that did not have play.

This would not be a recall, it would be a TSB, if they recognize it as being a problem, which I doubt will happen. I am going to bring it to the shop and see what they say.

3. May 30, 2010 at 9:43 AM
    Asgard

Asgard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner DC SR5 w/LSD
    x2
    Thought that tightening the bolts when I took the seat apart during my leather install would solve the problem but it still shakes, only when I'm driving fast around a corner on bumpy roads though. BTW I have Sr5 seats.

Products Discussed in

To Top