1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Passenger side sun visor takes a dump

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoSupreme, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Jul 2, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    TacoSupreme

TacoSupreme [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Cuatro Por Cuatro
    Anybody have their sun visors crap out on them? Mine just broke. Seems the plastic housing cracked and finally broke. Sucks and this truck is only a 2007?? Damn it!! Anybody have an extra lying around? Thanks.

2. Jul 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    jimker55

jimker55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Taco
    good luck finding one. I have a 2007 and my drivers side is trashed. I took it apart and tried to fix it but its just cracked inside. The dealer wants $90 beans for a new one. Try the local junk yards in your area.

3. Jul 2, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    kramer2k

kramer2k Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    When I bought my truck 4 weeks ago I noticed the passenger side was completely falling from the hole, with the plastic piece being broken. The driver's side is only loose.

When I had my truck in for the rear TSB I had them replace the passenger side. It was no charge. On the house due to warranty. I know you don't really have that luxury, but wanted to let you know you're not the only one with the problem. I'll probably try to get the driver's side one replaced before next April when I go out of warranty. I just need to let it accidentally break completely by then.

4. Jul 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Herbie Hancock
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Mostly stock for now, I have added a cb radio, various cheap mods and I plan on adding aftermarket wheels and other items in the future.
    Mine haven't broke, but it bugs the hell out of me. It can't stay in one sport, keeps swinging down.

5. Jul 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM
    lilgerber

lilgerber Well-Known Member

Member:
    fresno ca
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 speedway blue
    flowmaster40,vloant intake,king coilovers,TC UCA's,3inch lift,billet grill,chrome handles,stero system.motometals 951 285/17/70
    mine sag like no other, but still holding up.

6. Sep 9, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    fiestee23

fiestee23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Theresa
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner SR5
    6" ProComp lift w/coilovers, 35" ProComp A/T tires, Volant Intake, MagnaFlow Exhaust, Pioneer In-dash Navigation, NFAB tube steps, 6500 lb tow package, POP n LOCK tailgate lock, Air lift Bags, and MORE.....
    my driver side sags and putting it up makes this cracking sound. But would rather spend money on things I want then that. They ask for too much for them!

To Top