1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pay Pal

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by eordonez, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Feb 12, 2010 at 9:07 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    It might have been said, but I just bought something from a member on here and it freaking taxed it :mad: I have never had it do that before. I must have done something different. Pisses me off a little bit.

2. Feb 13, 2010 at 4:19 AM
    duckcmdr

duckcmdr If it flies it dies!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper
    Some people use that for a business so they follow all the rules when it comes to taxes. Most don"t .

3. Feb 13, 2010 at 4:23 AM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    paypal came through for me when I bought an item on ebay and the seller never sent it. Got 100% of my money back, no questions asked. I have never had a problem with it.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Feb 13, 2010 at 5:12 AM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    And for this reason, it can be a problem with paypal. I had a buyer claim I didn't sent them something and my account (not just the amount of the sale) was frozen. During the 'dispute' I produced a tracking number showing it was delivered and paypal eventually (a month later) unfroze my account. After that I use it sparingly and keep no balance in it.

5. Feb 13, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    wmflyfisher

wmflyfisher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    PCB, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 4x4
    ** I just posted this in another thread but thought it would be useful here. Just a warning for everyone who uses paypal/ebay **

I've been using Paypal/Ebay for 8-9 years now with no big problems and made thousands of bucks. About a month ago I sold an iphone on Ebay as I have done many times in the past and the buyer opened a claim the day that it arrived stating that the item was "significantly not as described". I started investigating and he stated that EVERYTHING was in the package that I sent EXCEPT the actual iphone itself. Original box, usb cord, power plug and all. I was 100% sure that I sent eveything including the phone.

Long story short... Paypal sided with the buyer and deducted $540 bucks out of my account and there was absolutely nothing that I could do about it. I couldn't prove that he took the phone out of the box nor could I prove that someone had stollen it along the way. His ebay feedback led me to believe that he did scam me though.

I was so furious that I called Paypal like 5 times. I was nice on the phone and explained that I had given them hundreds even thousands of dollars. They eventually refunded me $300 (which is what I asked for) but this was very uncommon. I read many reviews online regarding this type of issue and 95% of the time the seller will get zero back in cases where items are "significantly not as described".

So basically yeah, you can send someone something and they can claim not to get it and they will get 100% of their money back and you will be left with nothing. Paypal also told me that I'm 100% responsible for the item until it arrives in their hands. Even if it is stolen out of the package along the way and postal insurance will not cover this. This info is listed in their "Terms and Agreement".

Sorry this is so long. Just wanted to share my experience. Am I still using paypal?? Yes. I still probably would be even if they didn't give me a $300 refund. $300 is nothing compared to what I've made over the past 8-9 years. Yes it is a risk that I'm willing to take.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Feb 13, 2010 at 6:59 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Paypal SUCKS! They're keeping my $450 for 180 days because they hate guns.:mad:
    For everything else, it's ok.

7. Feb 13, 2010 at 10:49 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Does anyone know where a phone number is for Pay Pal? I tried to find it but I cant.

8. Feb 13, 2010 at 11:03 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Nevermind, tracked it down.

9. Feb 13, 2010 at 11:05 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    ed. i think its really safe. ive used it a few times. and i think they even have features where if ou think you're being scammed you can back out at the last second

10. Feb 13, 2010 at 11:09 PM
    smuggiesrider

smuggiesrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green TRD Off-Road DCSB AT
    TRD 2" Lift kit w/ PRO Grille swap package ARE CX Classic Cap Sumitomo Encounter AT 265/75/16 tires TRD Pro wheels Predator steps Frame salt protection spray Weather Tech floor Mats and rainguards Wet Okole Seat Covers Bedmat Black exhaust tip Bed light LED kit Tailgate mat Eyecatcher tailgate letters Yoda cover for tow hitch and steering wheel Decals for grille, glove box, badges $$$$$$
    4 years. No probs

Products Discussed in

To Top