1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PD Background Phase

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by drtydru, Jul 14, 2011.

1. drtydru

drtydru [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    Bucket seats, Variable speed wiper switch, 09 led Tail Lights, Satoshied front grill, DDM HIDs, Fog light install, Mud flaps removed, 1.5'AAL, Billie 1552, Toyotec front coilovers w/Billies, B.A.M.F welded sliders w/kickout,
    I finally got to the next step in becoming a SFPD officer. I have been waiting for a long time and thought it was a pipe dream but the powers that be allowed the city to continue hiring. I have been as far as the oral interview with the CHP, but ultimately came up 5 points short as far as continuing that process. There were a few things that I didnt think of that I was more than happy to talk about but had failed to put on my PHS. It was an invaluable experience which I hope will help me through this next step of obtaining my dream job.

I would like to know what advice you can all give to someone at this phase. I have a friend who has already been active for almost 5 years and he has given me some advice, but I feel like the more information I have the better off I will be.

Thank you all

2. Inspectorgadgets

Inspectorgadgets Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Goleta, CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Toyota Tacoma 4x4
    Custom Deaver Leafs (11); Snorkle; Warn Winch; King Coils; ARB Locker Front; TRD Locker Rear; 4.88 Gears; AllPro Rock Sliders; Demello Swing Gate; Tuffy Console; Cobra Weather Sta; GMRS Radio; on board air system.
    Be very honest and do not lead into questions by answering more than is necessary; the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics as far as I am concerned has been my bible since 1981. I have memorized this to the point it has become my life and I now have a wonderful retirement and career I can look back on and say, "I am proud of my service"! I am a former USN Vet with 10 years of honorable service, taken out a suspected terrorist out of an airplane at NAS Alameda; served in Iran during the Iran hostage conflict, Retired California Department of Corrections and former Department of Defense Peace Officer Long Beach CA.

3. Maticuno

Maticuno Weapon Mechanic

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    08 DCLB Sport
    Pioneer AVIC-D3, SWI-PS, Sirius Satellite Radio, 2X In-Cab 110V Outlets, Constant Fog Light Mod, Inverter Always 400W Mod, Anti-Pack-Rat-In-Intake Mod, Eibachs on 5100's, 2" Toytec AAL, B.A.M.F Rear Diff Skid, 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires
    +1 for the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics. Both to live by but also as interview prep. Oral interview boards love to hear "buzz words". Don't recite the code to them (you'll have to do that later), but find a way to drop a phrase or two into your interview. Also look into the hiring department's mission statement and do the same.

To Top