1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PennSilverTaco's Aspergers (and General BS) Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by PennSilverTaco, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Feb 8, 2017 at 4:25 AM
    taczilla

taczilla I intend to live forever; so far.... so good!

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    PEC, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 RAM Rebel
    2012 TRD Sport - STOLEN! / 2016 RAM Rebel
  2. Feb 8, 2017 at 4:29 AM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    Lulz

3. Feb 8, 2017 at 4:54 AM
    jon.e.b3030

jon.e.b3030 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    My buddy had one and BEAT THE PISS OUTA THAT THING! It was a 2200, 4x4 and he absolutely thrashed on it but it held up almost as good as my other buddys toyota did. Toyota guy was relentless, redline every shift, it was as if he was mad at it. Barely changed oil or any maintenance, if it would go down the road he was hammering on it. He is the reason i have one today, if they can hold up to the Sykesy test then mine will last a while

PennSilverTaco [OP] likes this.
  4. Feb 8, 2017 at 8:00 AM
    anotherreject

anotherreject Well-Known Member

Member:
    *insert appropriate Quagmire meme

5. Feb 8, 2017 at 8:00 AM
    PennSilverTaco

PennSilverTaco [OP] On the spectrum...

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    Giggity!

6. Feb 8, 2017 at 8:04 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
  7. Feb 8, 2017 at 8:13 AM
    anotherreject

anotherreject Well-Known Member

Member:
    every jurisdiction handles towing cars differently, if it wasn't blocking traffic I could guess that's why they left it to sit.
    roadside field sobriety tests are simple to demonstrate and perform (if sober), however they are meticulously picked apart by any good dui defense attorney. horizontal gaze cant be done near flashing lights which could be why they took him behind the car, they also want to interview him and do the tests away from you so there is not any interference (not saying you would have interfered but he could start arguing back at you etc..)
    as far as taking your word about you not drinking, any good cop can determine who has or hasn't been boozing by asking a few simple questions, listening to your responses, watching your body language and build probable cause off that if needed.
    also every jurisdiction has different procedures for doing a roadside breath test, going to the hospital for a blood draw or going to the station for a breath test.

8. Feb 8, 2017 at 12:33 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    @LocoLocal

First of all I would like to apologize for how dusty the camera lens is. It had been sitting unused in my room for like a week and I didn't realize how dusty it was. The specs of dust are not really noticeable when I'm not close up/ The important thing here is sound quality!

Also, I KNOW that the bass/EQ is not perfect in these videos. Some songs sound different (and BETTER) than others. One really has to fool with the settings on the radio to get things perfect, but the videos still give you an idea of the quality of my system.

I DO NOT have a subwoofer or external amplifier. Most people are impressed that my system sounds this good without them, but I realize that any system with a sub and an amp will trample my system.

ROCK ON!
    :headbang:

Video #1 ("Once Bitten Twice Shy" by Great White):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz5tKkJ5c3U&feature=youtu.be

Video #2 ("Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_eXQACGX3c&feature=youtu.be

Video #3 ("Anthem [We Are The Fire]" by Trivium and "All I Needed Was You" by Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO-ew-furow

Video #4 ("More Than This" by Roxy Music, "Nothin' but a Good Time" by Poison, "Pour Some Sugar on Me" by Def Leppard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGKXBDNHS64

Video #5 ("Faithfully" by Journey): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rwi7cAskIo&feature=youtu.be

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  9. Feb 8, 2017 at 2:42 PM
    orezona

orezona title unspecified

Member:
    satan's skillet
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD OR DCSB OMGWTFBBQ TL;DR
    WARRANTY VOIDED
    Can you enable playback on other websites?
    Not that it's going to kill me to go to youtube but it does prevent another tab/window from opening...

10. Feb 8, 2017 at 2:44 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    I disabled embedding to keep other people from using my videos on their sites. Didn't think it would keep me from embedding them on a forum where I'm a member. Will fix it now!

tcBob likes this.
  11. Feb 8, 2017 at 2:51 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    Try it now

12. Feb 8, 2017 at 4:22 PM
    PackCon

PackCon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2013 TRD Sport DCLB
    I'll tell you when I get a new head unit. You can't blast anything with a stock head unit. I max out my volume when using my phone almost all the time. Not blasting level.

13. Feb 8, 2017 at 6:13 PM
    rob feature

rob feature Tacos!

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 V6 X-Cab SR5
    2 more cables & that'll officially be a fishing net

14. Feb 9, 2017 at 2:34 AM
    bry838

bry838 Well-Known Member

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    '00 tacoma 2.7 4x4 reg cab 5speed x's 2. '01 T4R 3.4 5 speed
    True but its really like an actual new truck afterwards. Or seek one out that has a good frame or even one that has had it replaced already...

15. Feb 9, 2017 at 2:37 AM
    bry838

bry838 Well-Known Member

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    I guess i kinda get that but it would have been completely free and woulda upped the sale price significantly. People pay stupid prices for these old ass trucks! Which drives me fuckin nuts because they certainly arent worth what they go for because of all the doorks paying way too much has driven the prices so high...

Oh also all suspension and basically everything bolted to it besides the body is also included in the frame swap...free...

16. Feb 9, 2017 at 2:44 AM
    kikomonster671

kikomonster671 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    GUAM
    Vehicle:
    2001 4wd tacoma single cab
    In progress
    Had my 01 inspected sept 2016 Toyota called today my new frame is in and scheduled to be changed next week

17. Feb 9, 2017 at 2:50 AM
    bry838

bry838 Well-Known Member

Member:
    oregon
    Vehicle:
    Excellent!
    We have zero rust issues in my region and aren't even qualified to be under the program but man i could imagine id be one happy camper to be getting a new frame.after major rust problems. I really feel for you guys that have had to deal with that crap, especially the guys that fucked off the inspection in time or didnt look for it when buying one then getting fucked and hell there are tons of people that have no idea of the rust or the program to this day that still drive around clueless lol. I guess most of those scenarios are self inflicted basically, but still, to have to deal with that would kill me. Especially since its really a death sentence for the vehicle. Then to do it outta pocket is more than its worth in most cases so that not much of an option....im also so thankful we dont salt our roads, that would infuriate me. Especially when its not needed! There are other options!

18. Feb 9, 2017 at 8:47 AM
    tgear.shead

tgear.shead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Why do you think the recall would be void? If anything, a toyota dealership would see it as an easy way to make a few extra $$, since there would be a heck of a lot less labor involved in the frame swap if the owner had already done most of the work. Further, US law prohibits manufacturers from voiding warranties/recalls unless they are able to prove that the problem was *caused* by the owner. The fact that something has been taken apart is irrelevant, since doing that, OBVIOUSLY, didn't cause the frame to rust out.

19. Feb 9, 2017 at 8:53 AM
    tgear.shead

tgear.shead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ok, so here is the thing... you should NOT be looking forward (at mirrors or backup camera screen) to back up typically. You twist yourself around and LOOK STRAIGHT OUT THE BACK WINDOW. It helps to grab the passenger side seat with your right hand. Steer with your left. If the seatbelt is a problem, that is OK, it is legal to remove the seatbelt while backing up.

Pickups are probably the *easiest* vehicle to back up, because you have a VERY CLEAR view of the corners of the vehicle.

You use the mirrors (side, not rear-center) to back up when the view out the back window is obstructed (i.e., cargo).

20. Feb 9, 2017 at 8:55 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC auto 5-lug
    I DIDN'T

The owner I talked to did. And this truck was literally stripped down to nothing. Cab on frame, that was it! Doors, front sheet metal (fenders, hood, bumper), entire bed, engine, tranny, wheels axles, suspension, and entire interior. Plus it was torn apart by someone other than a trained Toyota tech.

To Top