1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PennSilverTaco's "Perfect 5-Lug Regular Cab" Build, Aspergers, and General BS MegaThread!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by PennSilverTaco, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Feb 19, 2017 at 7:32 AM
    IPNPULZ

IPNPULZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Deeper in the South…….
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Off Road Premium 4R
    going to be fun!
    :popcorn::popcorn:

Honorably discharged maybe!

Dishonorably discharged move on find another garage!

2. Feb 19, 2017 at 7:38 AM
    PennSilverTaco

PennSilverTaco [OP] Encyclopedia of useless information...

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Okay, so it was a random weeknight in November 2014. I was up in my bedroom watching old episodes of Hey Arnold! (favorite cartoon as a kid) on my laptop, and I went downstairs to grab some string cheese... My mom tells me I forgot to bring the garbage in so I go outside to to do that... I'm literally right outside the garage when all of a sudden I see movement and this guy comes out of nowhere running up my driveway, saying "You gotta help me! You gotta help me!" He was wearing a dirty sweatshirt and jeans, he was covered in dirt and mulch, and he smelled like he'd freshly shit himself.

The first story I got from him was this... His name was Max, he was 20 years old, and he'd been in the Air Force stationed somewhere in Japan, he'd been kicked out by his superiors for underage drinking (which is weird because I though the drinking age in Japan was 18?), and he'd come home and gotten into a huge argument with his family. He told me lived in my neighborhood and actually gave me a real street name in my neighborhood so I sort of believed him... Then his story kept changing...

3. Feb 19, 2017 at 7:49 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    I had no idea what to do, so I went back inside, locked the door, yelled for my mom, and grabbed my aluminum bat...

When we came back out, this guy was curled up in a fetal position behind some furniture in our garage. I quickly realized that he was not a threat, but he just would not leave the garage, then came story number 2...

He repeated his story about being kicked out of the Air Force for underage drinking, but said that his family wasn't the problem. He'd gotten on the wrong side of some people who were after him and were currently searching our neighborhood for him. He was afraid to go back home out of fear they would hurt his family. My mom asked him point blank if "drug dealers were after him." He said "No, drug users."

He kept begging us not to call the cops, and my mom was afraid that if we did call the cops he would come back later and do something bad...

He then said that his iPhone wouldn't work because it was a Japanese-spec model he got while on deployment. I let him use my iPhone to call a friend or two, but none of them were willing to come out and get him. As disheveled as this kid was, he did have a credit card... He was still convinced people were after him and wanted to come in the house where it was warm... Even if I knew this idiot, I wouldn't let him in my house smelling like a septic tank...

I called him a cab, gave him a ratty old blanket from the garage, and told him to hunker down in the bed of my Tacoma until the cab came... About an hour later when the taxi arrived, he knocked on our front door, thanked us, and that's the last we saw of him... For the longest time after that my mom forbid me from going outside to get the garbage after dark... After I told a barback at Puck this story, he said that the guy had to be drugs, probably meth or some kind of hallucinogen.

4. Feb 19, 2017 at 7:53 AM
    IPNPULZ

IPNPULZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Deeper in the South…….
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Off Road Premium 4R
    going to be fun!
    Takes all kinds to make the World go around!

5. Feb 19, 2017 at 7:57 AM
    Papa Taco

Papa Taco HARD CAAAAAAARRRRRRRL

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab 4x4 6 Speed
    Follow the yellow brick road
    I love hallucinogens. Never had an experience like that. Probably meth

6. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:03 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    One time between September and October 2014 I was sitting at my desk in my room on my computer. I'd recently applied for a job and was expecting a call, so when my cell phone rang and it was a local number, I picked up...

It was some woman on the other end and she asked if this "Charlie..." (she knew my full name, including my last name). I said it was, and she said was from UHAUL, then asked if I had their truck and when I planned to return it. My dad had recently rented a UHAUL in August to haul my Grandma's furniture up from Virginia but returned it, and though I rode with him in the UHAUL from Virginia to Pennsylvania, I wasn't on the rental contract. For some reason this is what I thought this woman was talking about...

She says that someone with my name rented a UHAUL from one of their facilities in the Main Line area (Devon or Haverford or something), which was like an hour from me. She then asked if I was "sure" I didn't have their truck sitting in my driveway or something. I was pissed at this point, and when I get pissed at someone for calling me a liar, I tend to just say it like it is and mix some profanities in for good measure. I said "Look lady, I'm 25 years old, I've never rented a goddamn UHAUL in my life, the UHAUL you are looking for was rented from a place about an hour from my house, and I'm looking out the window at my driveway right now and the only truck parked there is my goddamn Tacoma! Are we going to have a problem?"

She apologized, I grudgingly accepted her apology, and I hung up, then blocked the number...

I can't believe it was 2014 and UHAUL had to resort to calling every guy named Charlie with my last name in the Philly suburbs to find a missing truck!

7. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:06 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    What's even weirder is the name in their records was "Charlie" and not Charles...

My birth name and thus the name on my driver's license is Charles. The name on my driver's license and credit card, the two documents I'd use to rent a UHAUL if I needed one, is Charles... I've rented cars before and the name on the paperwork is always entered in as "Charles." I thought for the longest time that somebody was playing a prank on me and used my nickname... Still haven't figured out what the deal was... My boss thought it was the funniest thing in the world though...

8. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:08 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Wait until you read the story I posted about the time 3 years ago when UHAUL thought I stole one of their trucks... I've never rented a UHAUL in my life...

9. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:13 AM
    NM Lance

NM Lance Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wait a minute... are you the same guy who used to be "PattonTank"?

Captchip40 and KingTaco81 like this.
  10. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:14 AM
    evansdmax

evansdmax Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Western NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR BBP 6 SPEED MT
    What do you go outside to get the trash? I usually take mine outside?

11. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:14 AM
    i_cappi

i_cappi Well Known Membhair

Member:
    Canton, Oh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TuRD Pyrite DCSB
  12. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:17 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    The trash was outside at the curb and everyone had been at work all day. Garbage truck came in the morning and my mom sent me outside to bring the garbage can into the garage. We lived in an HOA neighborhood and they fined people for leaving trash cans out...

13. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:19 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Yes, and every once in a while I share a long story, but for the most part I just do threads now...

14. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:20 AM
    i_cappi

i_cappi Well Known Membhair

Member:
    Canton, Oh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TuRD Pyrite DCSB
    Man, I wish they were true.

15. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:21 AM
    gregzz

gregzz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    las vegas nv
    Vehicle:
    2011 tacoma crew cab 4x4 v6 4.0
    Wheels/ tires, tint, level kit. Rock crawler rails. 3- 6" procomp lights with light bar on front bumper. Magnaflow # 12256 stainless muffler. Billet shorty antenna.
    REALLY REALLY cool man. Good job.

16. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:22 AM
    NM Lance

NM Lance Well-Known Member

Member:
    So, what brings you to TacomaWorld Mr. ClassifiedInfo?

17. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:40 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    When my dad retired from the Navy back in 2007, one of his buddies retired at the same time. He took a job at K-Mart (not an entry-level minimum wage retail position, but a $100K+ region management position). He quit in under a year because he said that company wasn't run correctly and it was kind of depressing to work there.

I think that one scene from Rainman predicted the future. What do you think of K-mart?

18. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:44 AM
    coylifut

coylifut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tk
    portland or
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DBC LB
    Weather Techs, Wet Okoles, cbi rear bumper with swingout
    always work for the top couple of companies in any industry. working for the one that is barely surviving is often a soul crushing experience. If you don't like shopping there, you will like working there less.

19. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:45 AM
    KingTaco81

KingTaco81 The guy, behind the guy, behind the guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jr
    Bell & El Monte, CA
    Vehicle:
    DCSB OR
    Bunch of stuff
  20. Feb 19, 2017 at 8:46 AM
    tan4x4

tan4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, Tundra brake swap, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017

Products Discussed in

To Top