1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PennSilverTaco's "Perfect 5-Lug Regular Cab" Build, Aspergers, and General BS MegaThread!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by PennSilverTaco, Jul 15, 2014.

1. May 25, 2024 at 9:45 PM
    PennSilverTaco

PennSilverTaco [OP] Encyclopedia of useless information...

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    @TnShooter

I 100% support police, but I have an intense dislike of security guards because I've endured a lot of harassment from them over the years.

However, there was an incident you had that if it had happened to me, I would have ended up with a disorderly conduct charge at a bare minimum and a lifelong hatred of law enforcement.

I believe you were in a Walmart that wasn't in your hometown, and some cop mistaken profiled you as a meth head shoplifter, and you had to show your driver's license...?

TnShooter likes this.
  2. May 25, 2024 at 9:50 PM
    TnShooter

TnShooter The TacomaWorld Stray

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    I wouldn’t mind at all if someone took pictures of my truck.
    But I’d probably ask them, “What they were doing?”. Nicely of course.
    Because a plain 2nd Gen Tacoma isn’t something most people would want a picture of……

3. May 25, 2024 at 10:00 PM
    TnShooter

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    That was me.
    And it was cops, not cop.
    That whole situation was messed up.
    One of them had purple/blue medical gloves on. Still haven’t figured that out.
    I don’t care to admit. I was only there looking for a pair of croc shoes to wear while pressure washing.
    No way in hell I’m wearing sandals running a pressure washer. The 15’ tip @ 3100 psi will tear skin off.

They weren’t buying that story.

They ran my name through their system and finally let me go.
    You know, “just checking for active warrants” or some bs.

That was the past. It’s all good now.

I don’t hold it against any police officer.
    It was just one of situations in life that’s “fųcked up”
    Move on and let it be.

4. May 25, 2024 at 10:05 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    @ABA180
    @ColoradoTJ
    @Just_A_Guy
    @shakerhood
    @steelcity2

I have two male cousins on my mom's side, brothers born to the same aunt and uncle. One was cousin was born in 1988 and the other in 1986. The younger cousin told me he had just taken the dog out for a walk when this happened, and I believe it was their old Yellow Lab who had to euthanized in early 2009 at the age of 13 due to failing help. If this was the case, it would have been in 2008 or earlier. If it was their second dog, who was born in 2012 if I remember correctly, it would have anytime between 2012 and 2015; I believe it was the Yellow Lab, so it would have been in 2007 or 2008...

The older of the two cousins had moved years earlier but still had his parents' address on his driver's license, and his car was also registered at that address. My cousin was a dumb kid at the time, and he didn't have much money, so he just drove through tolls without paying. He racked up such a large number of tickets that the police got involved...

The younger of the two cousins happened to be heading out of the house one morning to walk the dog when a local cop pulled into the driveway. He asked my cousin if he was his brother, and my cousin said something along the line of "no, that's my older brother."

This didn't satisfy the cop and my cousin had to go back into the house to get his wallet so he could show the cop his ID (if this was prior to 2010, my cousin didn't have a license yet) and prove he was not his brother.

After viewing my cousin's ID, the cop was satisfied that he was who he said he was, but then proceeded to hand my cousin a mound of unpaid toll tickets and request that he give them to BJ's brother.

Needless to say, my cousin chewed out his older brother.

If this was in 2007 or 2008, I would have been 18-19 at the time. Whenever we visited my aunt and uncle at their old house, I was always the first one up. The house rule was that first one up let the dogs out (we would bring our dog too). I have never been arrested and at that point in my life had certainly never had an encounter with police.

My parents would have been staying too, and at best, I would have gone back inside and asked my dad to deal with it. Unfortunately, there's a likelihood I would have become argumentative and escalated the situation; I am an honest person and get easily triggered when ANYBODY calls me a liar. I don't care if it's a cop, an employer, my parents, or the president. Don't call me a liar!

I have mellowed out a lot just in the last eight years, but I was a different person when I was a teenager. By my own admission, I am an embittered hothead largely as a result of the way I was treated in school.

5. May 25, 2024 at 10:11 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Because of the incident in March 2013 where someone called the cops on me for taking pictures in Doylestown, I have a HUGE problem handing over my license unless I get pulled over (my therapist is helping me with this). If I'm the one driving, I obviously have to show proof that I'm a licensed driver. I have only been a passenger during a traffic stop twice in my life (once in 2009 with a friend like two miles from my house, and once in 2018 when my parents and I were driving to North Carolina for vacation). I was not asked for my ID either time, but I would have a seriously problem showing my license if I was a passenger in a car that got pulled over; I feel like it's a violation of my constitutional rights. Don't even get me started on DUI checkpoints!

6. May 25, 2024 at 10:12 PM
    TnShooter

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    I have had plenty of police encounters.
    Some I initiated, others they (police) initiated.

All but 3 were positive experiences. One of the three, was going well until my brother got involved.
    And then it turned into a negative experience.

7. May 25, 2024 at 10:17 PM
    TnShooter

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    Doesn’t bother me at all to hand over my ID.
    I have nothing to hide. And if there is something on my “record”. I damn sure want to know about it.

What I don’t like, is handing it over to retail stores.
    I don’t need my ID, in “their” database.

8. May 25, 2024 at 10:25 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    And forget about the police. The police have actually been cool lately. It's random strangers that seem to be a problem...

I don't know if you remember this, but I almost kicked a homeless guy's ass back in February...

It was in the parking lot of Home Depot right here in Warrington, which isn't exactly a shitty area; Amanda was going to stay in the truck with the doors locked and the engine running, so she could keep the heat and radio on. I was going to buy a hacksaw.

This guy came running up out of nowhere and cornered me against my open door, then immediately asked me for money; I immediately told him that I did not have any money (I legitimately didn't). He then noticed the water heater and freshly harvested central A/C condenser that I planned to scrap. This nut starts running his hands all over my valuable scrap...

:annoyed:

I am very protective of my truck, and I am even more protective of my girlfriend. My girlfriend was sitting in the truck...

That homeless drug addict really has no idea how close he came to getting laid out on the pavement of the Home Depot parking lot!

shakerhood likes this.
  9. May 25, 2024 at 10:27 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    It's purely the result of being autistic and having strong libertarian beliefs. Amen on the retail databases!

ABA180 and TnShooter[QUOTED] like this.
  10. May 25, 2024 at 10:28 PM
    TnShooter

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    Yeah, I remember that story.

11. May 25, 2024 at 10:39 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    And the incontinent woman from the group home who walked around my girlfriend's neighborhood asking for money, and was there for more than six months despite numerous complaints. She was finally removed after she starting becoming belligerent and confrontational when people refused to give her money...

12. May 25, 2024 at 10:49 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    When I worked at Puck, a lot of my coworkers smoked (my boss, a few bartenders, a barback, and one of the bouncers); I got sent to the local convenience store to buy cigarettes.

They insisted on carding me every time even though I was a regular; I had been getting a lot of spam calls on my cell phone during that time, and suspected that the convenience store (Waw, which is a chain with numerous stores in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, and Florida) was obtaining my personal info from scanning my license.

My dad was in the Navy for 25 years, and for health insurance purposes I am still his dependent. As such, I have a military ID as my insurance card. This is a legit government-issued photo ID with my name and date of birth on it, but not my address.

The clerk at Wawa initially said they couldn't accept my military ID the first time I tried to use it, because it wouldn't scan on their card reader. I gave them a piece of mind and the manager let the clerk take my military ID; I feel like the random spam was drastically reduced after I started using my military ID instead of my driver's license.

shakerhood and TnShooter[QUOTED] like this.
  13. May 25, 2024 at 10:52 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    @TnShooter

Whenever I see someone panhandling at a red light, I roll up my tinted windows and look straight ahead; I can't afford to give out money right now, and at this point the homeless situation in my area has gone from an occasional nuisance to downright obnoxious!

TnShooter likes this.
  14. May 25, 2024 at 11:12 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Getting carded can be a pain in the ass but sometimes it's forced. I was about 23 and went to buy a pack of smokes at the grocery store. My sister was working the counter and asked for my ID. I chuckled and said "I'm your brother, you know I'm 23 right?" She said "yes. I also know the state is now making us ID anyone who looks under 40. But the store can make me do more than that and anyone who doesn't ID someone of any age will be written up or fired". I handed it over. Her manager happened to walk by (who knew me as her brother) and I said "Jack, she's carding her own brother" and we laughed. FWIW this was before licenses could be scanned.

I always have. I'm empathetic to homelessness (especially having known people who it happened to) but I've never given money to someone in that situation if I don't know them.

15. May 26, 2024 at 3:45 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ I drink, and I know things… Moderator

Member:
    Looks like Alaska
    Vehicle:
    POS Jeep
    The ACLU would have loved to talk to those guys. You have a 1st Amendment right in public spaces to video/photograph whatever you want. Nothing anyone can do about it. The people or agencies that do take action on photographers regret that financially 100% of the time.

16. May 26, 2024 at 7:07 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Carding someone who is clearly a senior citizen seems very pointless...

shakerhood and steelcity2 like this.
  17. May 26, 2024 at 7:15 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    :amen:

I don't know if I told you about the guy at the bank in May 2016; I was taking pictures of a mint early 2000s GMC Sonoma with California plates (why it was so mint). The owner of the truck happened to be walking out of the bank and saw me taking pics out the window of my truck with my big SLR camera. He started screaming at me sprinted across the parking lot like he was running a marathon; I tried to explain why I was taking pictures. Normally I am very good at calming irate vehicle owners down, but he wasn't having it. He continued swearing at me and ultimately demanded to see my camera. Anticipating the hostility, I'd kept the truck in drive and just had my foot on the brake; I mashed the accelerator so hard that I did a burnout when he started approaching the truck.

I repeat; all I was doing was taking pics of a mint GMC Sonoma in a public parking lot! Since he was banking at Navy Federal and driving a vehicle with California plates despite being in Pennsylvania, it's pretty obvious he was a veteran. Based on his behavior, it's obvious he was a veteran with mental problems. This was likely due to PTSD; I can sympathize with this, but this guy was an asshole and his behavior was way out of line!

ColoradoTJ[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. May 26, 2024 at 7:44 AM
    ABA180

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    That's Massachusetts for you.

Though i later learned that store was in a town that the feds were always watching that stuff.

19. May 26, 2024 at 7:58 AM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    Same state where crashing your Oldsmobile in a drunken stupor is considered a violent crime... :facepalm:

Just_A_Guy and ABA180[QUOTED] like this.
  20. May 26, 2024 at 11:49 AM
    ABA180

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    And paying taxes mightily for those privileges.

Products Discussed in

To Top