1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PennSilverTaco's "Perfect 5-Lug Regular Cab" Build, Aspergers, and General BS MegaThread!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by PennSilverTaco, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Feb 10, 2016 at 3:06 PM
    sr5vic

sr5vic Buy & Hodl

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    '13 Access Cab SR5 4x4
    295/70/17 Geolander G003 M/T's, 17" Work S1HC's, 1" Bora Wheel Spacers, King 2.5 EXT Coilovers, King 2.5 Tundra Rears, Total Chaos UCA's, Total Chaos LCA's, BruteForce Fab Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, OME Dakar CS047R Leaf Springs w/ D29XL AAL, 'OCTACO' Custom SS Brake Lines, Extended R.Diff Breather, RDI Aluminum Skid Plates, BAJADESIGNS Squadron Sport LED Yellow Fog Lights, BAJADESIGNS Squadron Sport LED Clear Front Spot Lights & Rear Work Lights TRD PRO Grill, TRD PRO Headlights, US Offroad Winch Mount, SmittyBilt X2O 10k Winch, RotoPax 2Gal. Fuel & Water Canisters , VIAIR Constant Duty OBA System, Custom Bussmann RTMR Panel, Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners, StopTech Slotted Rotors, TRD Brake Pads, Off-Grid Engineering Dual Battery System w/ Blue Sea 7622 ML-ACR 500 Relay, Dometic CFX40 w/ slide
  2. Feb 10, 2016 at 4:15 PM
    car78412

car78412 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hudson Valley NY
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma reg cab 4x4
    Had mine replaced 2 weeks ago. It took less than an hour.

3. Feb 10, 2016 at 4:23 PM
    Guerrilla

Guerrilla L(.)(.)K@G(.)(.)Dz

Member:
    First Name:
    D. Cooley
    Coast to Coast
    Vehicle:
    El' Black 13 DCSB 4x4
    Stuff
    Just started having a weird rattle and was wondering what it might be, hopefully this is it. That'd be awesome, plus good timing seeing this thread, thanks.

4. Mar 5, 2016 at 4:16 PM
    ddiaz84

ddiaz84 chapin✌

Member:
    First Name:
    diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 toyota tacoma single cab 4x4
    Knn intake kit , lce performance headers, aftermarket wheels , bilstein 5100s 1.75 front lift , 1 inch rear block lift
    Check out lceperformance.com

Screenshot_2016-03-05-17-14-57.jpg

PennSilverTaco[OP] likes this.
  5. Mar 5, 2016 at 6:46 PM
    Mush Mouse

Mush Mouse Club Soda Not Seals

Member:
    First Name:
    mush
    where ever you want me to be
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5
    its a Toyota truck and that's all the modifications needed
    premium gasoline

6. Mar 7, 2016 at 8:18 PM
    Indy

Indy Master of all I survey.

Member:
    Yep the more you spend on premium the lighter your wallet will be, less weight equals speed!

But cheap and more power dont exist together.

7. Jun 1, 2016 at 9:44 PM
    PennSilverTaco

PennSilverTaco [OP] Encyclopedia of useless information...

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Central Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck

This happened at about 9pm on October 28, 2015. From July through November of that year, I worked as a pizza delivery driver to make some extra money. I had just finished my shift and I really had to use the bathroom. The bathroom at the pizza place was occupied, and my primary place of employment was right around the corner. I promptly hauled ass over there. I was on a one-way street and I stopped at a 3-way stop with the intention of turning left. I signaled, looked both ways, and found the intersection to be clear, so I turned left. It was at this point that I noticed a silver or beige Mercedes E320 sitting at the stop sign to my left. Without warning, the driver of the Mercedes accelerated, and I knew he was going to hit me before he actually hit me. He slammed into the left rear corner of my truck and I did not feel a thing. I was not injured or even that shaken up, just extraordinarily pissed off. I put my baby in park, jumped from the cab, pretty much freaked out upon seeing the damage, and started screaming and swearing at the old man before I even saw him and thus didn't know it was an old man. The left rear fender was smashed and the rear bumper was almost ripped off. I started swearing at the other driver, because I'd just been rear-ended the previous March and he'd just destroyed the shiny new bumper that someone else's insurance company had paid for! My truck's original bumper was kind of beat up from everyday use and occasionally backing into things, so getting rear-ended worked out. My words to this elderly alcoholic were "Are you f***ing kidding me? I just got this out of the shop from someone rear-ending me!" or something like that.

The jerk who hit my truck was a 70-year old man, and he insisted that I had run the stop sign. I suspected he might have been drinking but didn't confront him on it, and I insisted that the cops be called. Ironically, HE CALLED THE COPS! The responding officer asked for my license, registration, and proof of insurance, and got the same information from the old fart. He also asked if I'd been drinking, which I of course hadn't, and then he focused on the other driver. Another cop showed up, and the next thing I knew the old fart was in the back of a police SUV being taken to the local hospital for a blood test.

Despite the fact that the driver was drunk and my insurance company insisted I was totally 100% NOT at fault, he insisted that I had run the stop sign and his insurance company believed him. My insurance company ultimately ate the cost of fixing my truck, waived the deductible, and didn't raise my rates. My truck was fixed in December at a cost of about $2,600. I do not have rental coverage so I had to share my mom's car for the three days my truck was in the shop. In mid-November, I got sick of my tailgate not opening all the way, got fed up, and had my body guy remove the rear bumper.

My insurance company (USAA) took the drunk's insurance company to court, and it was a ruled a 50/50 draw. My rates DID NOT go up, and my insurance company waived the deductible. I have no idea how his insurance company handled his claim, but I know mine saw things my way and didn't pay one cent towards his Mercedes. By the way, I'm pretty sure the Mercedes was totaled. It was an older Mercedes, 13 years old at the time, and he hit my truck so hard that I think his frame got bent. He had trouble opening the driver's door immediately after the accident.

Fast-forward to April 2016, and I find out I'm being called to court as a witness, to testify against this guy. I found out from the prosecutor during a phone discussion that this drunk old fart had KILLED somebody while driving drunk in the late 1980s and was convicted. Obviously, he did not learn his lesson. The important thing is that nobody was hurt or killed, AGAIN!

Anyway, the drunk driver was found to have a BAC of .10 to .16 at the time of the accident. He later plead guilty and was sentenced to 40 days in jail and a 1-year suspension of his driver's license, in addition to having to pay a fine and court costs. I didn't have to go to court. The guy's Mercedes was registered in Florida, and he had a Florida address and a Florida driver's license, so I guess Pennsylvania and Florida have reciprocity? He was also ordered to pay restitution to me, and I will be putting some of the money towards front and rear dash cameras for my truck so if something like this happens again, the other driver won't be able to lie about it.

By the way, the car in the picture below looks EXACTLY like the one the SOB who hit me was driving...

[​IMG]

You know that saying about what a "female dog" karma can be. This is a perfect example. This is what I have to say to the drunk guy...

:brianr: :luvya:
    My Tacoma was pretty much :itllbuffout:

DON'T DRIVE DRUNK!!!! Take an Uber or a Taxi!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  8. Jun 1, 2016 at 9:52 PM
    tomwil

tomwil Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast USA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Reg Cab 4x4
    Glad things worked out for you. Really dislike seeing wonderful reg cabs get damaged.

BTW, like that "Stop Texting" sticker!

9. Jun 1, 2016 at 9:59 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    I've got a new bumper magnet that says "I HAVE GOOD BRAKES. DO YOU HAVE GOOD INSURANCE?"

10. Jun 1, 2016 at 10:00 PM
    At The Helm

At The Helm ATH Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Morgan
    Gardnerville, NV
    Vehicle:
    2015 AC 4x4 TRD OR & 2019 T4R
    Kings, TC UCAS, SCS SR8's, ATH bumpers
    What a shame he killed someone and still hasn't learned a lesson. I remember reading this when you posted it a while back, glad he got some punishment!

PennSilverTaco[OP] likes this.
  11. Jun 1, 2016 at 10:22 PM
    PennSilverTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Vehicle:
    2010 Zombie Truck
    I've had my license for a little over five years, and I pride myself in having a virtually flawless driving record. I've never gotten a ticket or even been pulled over. I did rear-end somebody one time, and I've also gotten one parking ticket.

I've flattened or completely destroyed numerous tires driving places where a 2WD Tacoma simply should not be driven. Let's just leave it at that.

Over the course of a week in summer 2015 alone, I blew both tires on the right side within a week of each other in the exact same spot on the exact same stretch of road.

I once backed my Tacoma directly into a concrete wall in a parking garage, and luckily there was NO DAMAGE.

The dumbest and most embarrassing thing I've ever done was in November 2013. I drove to a Rice's Market and then got caught in traffic caused by the Apple Festival at Peddler's Village on the way back. The traffic was so bad, you'd think the president or the pope was in town. The normal parking was totally full, so I wound up going to overflow parking. I should have thought something was up after I saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee turn around, but I just wanted to get out of the truck and walk around. This traffic was NUTS. I attempted to park on a slight grassy incline with a creek thing running next to it. As I parked, part of the bank collapsed, and my left front wheel went in, leaving the truck completely stuck with it's right rear sticking up.

AAA was called and they sent a huge rollback truck that ultimately left because the grassy overflow lot where my truck was parked was all wet and muddy from rain the other day. Another towing company I called also refused to to send a truck due to wet conditions. The local police and the local volunteer fire department were both unable to help. A helpful passerby suggested using the jack that came with my truck to lift the front end, and we did this, but it wasn't big enough. An obnoxious couple in their late teens or early twenties sat down on a nearby fence and watched the whole spectacle while drinking Slurpees. At one point I yelled at them to either help out or go away.

Needless to say, after two towing companies, the cops, and the firefighters were unable to help, a Peddler's Village employee with a 5.4L V8 Ford F250 4x4 pulled my truck out.

12. Jun 1, 2016 at 10:41 PM
    TnShooter

TnShooter The TacomaWorld Stray

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    Prior Tacoma 99' SR5 4x4

1. Didn't use 4x4 soon enough. Sunk both wheels to the axles. People laughed. People got mad.
    2. Backed in to a flatbed semi-truck.

Prior 2005 Pre-Runner
    1. Tore the yard up many times after rain. Even worse when it's a front yard.

Current 2007 4X4
    1. Backed in to a deep ditch. Pretty sure the left rear frame bottomed out.
    At that point I attempted to drive out with out using 4x4. Totally out of curiosity.
    I some how managed on the first try.

2. Slide down super muddy and wet hill side at a motocross event.
    I knew better than to try it. But I did. Some how managed to stop before a 3' drop off.
    Put it in 4x4 and drove out. That one scared me.

Best was I forgot to remove the plug from the drain pan doing an oil change.
    Oil poured all over the driveway. That was one of the longest oil changes ever.

Armyhater458 and choupick like this.
  13. Jun 1, 2016 at 10:43 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I almost fell out of the driver's door and backed over myself

14. Jun 1, 2016 at 10:46 PM
    00yotasr5

00yotasr5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    lee
    merced, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 SR5 4X4 RED DEVIL
    Icon ext travel expo leafs rear billies 5125 10'' travel bamf bpv relocate Brute Force Fab Sliders allpro ss brake lines f/r LR UCA 22in wetokled bar RAT Products ifs skid ARB rear locker Ultra gauge Redline Hood Struts Blue Sea Fuse box smittybilt xrc 9.5 w/TJM synthetic rope trail-gear rock assault low profile bumper LED bed strip 12v/usb charger in truck bed
    drifted in the snow and curb it right rear wheel while the whole neighbor watched.

15. Jun 1, 2016 at 10:46 PM
    Green Jeans

Green Jeans 6MT AC TRD OR 1GR-FE FTMFW

Member:
    Oregone
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Off-Road
    My avatar is only a minor representation of the dumb shit I've seen done / personally done to my 3 previous Toyota pickups.

16. Jun 2, 2016 at 3:43 AM
    McTeague

McTeague Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM Tacoma DCSB TRD Off Road
    Stock
    Dragged the hose at the spray and wash all over the hood and scratched the 3 micron thick paint up.

Thunder Fist and digitaLbraVo like this.
  17. Jun 2, 2016 at 3:49 AM
    cabo wabo

cabo wabo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    billy
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    2019 dbc short bed trd sport
    Using the backup camera on the rearview mirror on my old 2011 and backed into my utility trailer.

TnShooter, digitaLbraVo and henryp like this.
  18. Jun 2, 2016 at 4:00 AM
    truchador

truchador Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Otto
    WV
    Vehicle:
    15 DC OR
    weathertech, seat covers, scratches
    backed up w door open lol. never do this

totaled my 09 going 10 under the speed limit. drove it right up the bank lol

jon_elc and tarbal255 like this.
  19. Jun 2, 2016 at 4:20 AM
    ajm

ajm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    1996 4x4
    Replaced the cracked exhaust manifold and both broken leaf springs with OEM parts.

devkurf, [kiesster] and ManBeast like this.
  20. Jun 2, 2016 at 4:24 AM
    wake100

wake100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Syracuse, NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 AG DCLB off road 4x4
    Uptop roof rack, cali raised light bar, diamondback tonneau
    Used my mailbox to key my truck...

image.jpg