1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keystone State Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by Tatts521, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Mar 13, 2019 at 11:32 AM
    HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade NOOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garage Most Likely
    Vehicle:
    DCFB (RIP)
    Some Stuff
    That’s awesome. Thank you Jerry. I thought it was going to be a decorative piece.

What did you do?

2. Mar 13, 2019 at 11:43 AM
    loosnut

loosnut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jerry
    feasterville pa
    Vehicle:
    06 dbl cab long bed
    ome 2.5lift leer cap
    Gave to my snap on guy and said it don’t work no mo. He started questioning it. I have never seen one b4, blah blah. He took out a head repair kit, matched them up and put it back together.Bam done.

Blackout14, WBF610, MY50cal and 4 others like this.
  3. Mar 13, 2019 at 11:55 AM
    HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade NOOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garage Most Likely
    Vehicle:
    DCFB (RIP)
    Some Stuff
    That’s so cool. I love that ratchet.

For those who are wondering. That’s a Snap On ratchet that was given to me by a neighbor a few years ago.

Bart was in his late 80s at the time. He has since passed. He was a retired diesel mechanic.

The ratchet broke a couple of years ago, so I called Snap On to see if they would warranty it. The guy told me that they normally only warranty for the original owner, but they would do it.

He asked me for the number off of the ratchet and then put me on hold. When he returned, he informed me that he could not warranty the ratchet, as it was made for the war effort and had no warranty.

The war effort of WWII...

I couldn’t throw it away, so it’s just been sitting in my toolbox. I told Jerry that story. He took it and said he would see what he could do.

The only Snap On tools I have are that ratchet and a set of SAE wrenches. The wrenches were also a gift from Bart. They have his name etched in them.

Thanks again Jerry. I had forgotten that you took it.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  4. Mar 13, 2019 at 11:57 AM
    ORNG TACO

ORNG TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Tacoma Sport 4x4 DCLB
    SpiderTrax spacers, air dam removal, debadged, custom roof rack incoming.
    I have a Snap On ratchet that a mechanic left inside my engine bay. I found it about a year later, its seized up but I hate to throw it away.. might try some penetrating oil on it? Or let it sit in a bath of it.. any ideas? I'll post a picture later but you're situation reminded me of my own.

Taco critter likes this.
  5. Mar 13, 2019 at 12:11 PM
    PCTaco

PCTaco 36 hour Build

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    New Columbia, PA
    Vehicle:
    '18 Access Cab TRD Offroad RIP '13
    Working on it
    Maybe, where are you located again?

Arcticelf[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Mar 13, 2019 at 1:01 PM
    PCTaco

PCTaco 36 hour Build

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    New Columbia, PA
    Vehicle:
    Working on it
    Ehh. Long drive to have to get an alignment after.

In hindsight I can probably use a 2 piece compressor, I'm just cranking them down, not taking them apart.

skatefreak282 likes this.
  7. Mar 13, 2019 at 1:04 PM
    Armyhater458

Armyhater458 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clarion, PA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TX Pro
    OME 887, LR UCA, Dakar 095 (medium duty), Dick Cepek Extreme Country 255/85/16
    I want to make a concentrated effort to get the bike on the road this year. It doesn't need much, battery, fluids, inspection. I just haven't ridden it in 3 years. I had some electrical issues, that I believe have been taken care of. I like the bike, but am unfamiliar with the model. I'm assuming electric. How do you like that?

8. Mar 13, 2019 at 1:24 PM
    Redmann

Redmann DILLIGAF

Member:
    First Name:
    Reds
    Philly
    Vehicle:
    2009 AC TRDOR
    Why you need to compress them at all? For my kings, I droop out, spray the threads with lube, and get to cranking on the collar.

Grand dude likes this.
  9. Mar 13, 2019 at 1:29 PM
    PCTaco

PCTaco 36 hour Build

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    New Columbia, PA
    Vehicle:
    Working on it
    I tried that with my last set of ADS, but the collar wouldn't budge.

Redmann[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Mar 13, 2019 at 1:35 PM
    Arcticelf

Arcticelf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Gladiator
    Chester PA

But it's the nice part.

skatefreak282 likes this.
  11. Mar 13, 2019 at 1:37 PM
    Arcticelf

Arcticelf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Gladiator

If you just need a 1/2" or so, yes you should be able to do that with a regular compressor. Just soak the shit out of them with PB Blaster for a couple days first, and take a toothbrush to the threads before you start turning.

12. Mar 13, 2019 at 1:41 PM
    FreshOldTaco

FreshOldTaco Well-Known Rider

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    above the storm
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma
    What kind of bike you have? Definitely get it going man the good weather is around the corner!

Mine is a 2014 Yamaha Bolt, actually not electric it has a 942cc V-twin engine. It's sort of an imitation Harley Sportster. I was looking for an affordable little cruiser and this fit the bill.

I also have a 2008 Suzuki SV650S that I'm planning to use more as a track bike:

[​IMG]

Redmann likes this.
  13. Mar 13, 2019 at 1:51 PM
    MY50cal

MY50cal ---- Tread Lightly ---- Leave No Trace

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PM RC / 05 SWB AC (RIP)
    Yep.
    I need to remember this.

14. Mar 13, 2019 at 2:04 PM
    Redmann

Redmann DILLIGAF

Member:
    First Name:
    Reds
    Philly
    Vehicle:
    2009 AC TRDOR
  15. Mar 13, 2019 at 2:18 PM
    WBF610

WBF610 Member well known

Member:
    First Name:
    Carey
    Eastern PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC OR
    mats, flaps, and stickers. Extang solid fold 2.0. Mobtown sliders and full skids. AVS vents
    Great story!

16. Mar 13, 2019 at 2:34 PM
    PCTaco

PCTaco 36 hour Build

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    New Columbia, PA
    Vehicle:
    Working on it
    So.. leg day.

Went up 5lbs on my squat, was feeling good so did like 2x the reps I normally do. Cooled down and started gaming.

First I couldn't stand up out of my computer chair. Then I was in the kitchen making food, walked over to check on one of Sandra's plants and just fell over. Atlas ran over like "You fall down.. time to lay on you!"

19taco4x4, Grand dude, Bastek and 2 others like this.
  17. Mar 13, 2019 at 3:26 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    :(

Taco critter and Blackout14 like this.
  18. Mar 13, 2019 at 3:46 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    :mad:

Taco critter and Blackout14 like this.
  19. Mar 13, 2019 at 3:47 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
  20. Mar 13, 2019 at 3:58 PM
    WBF610

WBF610 Member well known

Member:
    First Name:
    Carey
    Eastern PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC OR
    mats, flaps, and stickers. Extang solid fold 2.0. Mobtown sliders and full skids. AVS vents
    I think you are a little early.

Products Discussed in

To Top