1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keystone State Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by Tatts521, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Mar 12, 2017 at 4:47 AM
    TOYTONKA

TOYTONKA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hatboro, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2015 tacoma trd sport dclb
    Borla cat back exhaust "touring", K&N cold air intake, weather tech digit fit floor liner front & back, A.R.E. cap w/ bed rug, Redline hood struts, Slow drop tailgate strut, tow hitch d-ring, Transformer badges, window tint
    Thank you, I absolutely need the work. I can work on family and friend cars also.

Blackout14 likes this.
  2. Mar 12, 2017 at 4:58 AM
    TOYTONKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hatboro, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Borla cat back exhaust "touring", K&N cold air intake, weather tech digit fit floor liner front & back, A.R.E. cap w/ bed rug, Redline hood struts, Slow drop tailgate strut, tow hitch d-ring, Transformer badges, window tint
    Ok so I got x4 on a rear brake party, If you guys serious and want to do something this coming weekend Saturday or Sunday let me know Im available.

Nimble9, TinyTech626 and Blackout14 like this.
  3. Mar 12, 2017 at 4:59 AM
    TOYTONKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hatboro, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Are an auto tech also?

Blackout14 likes this.
  4. Mar 12, 2017 at 5:08 AM
    johneman

johneman Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    Used to do my own repairs but too many years of working in the cold and crawling under vehicles so I resigned myself to letting others do the work. Saves the knees and back from Motrin cocktails. Let me know when you are set-up and I'll set a date for the rear brakes on my Tacoma. It has 70,000 plus on the rear. I changed out the front.

TOYTONKA[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Mar 12, 2017 at 5:10 AM
    johneman

johneman Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    Was a fork lift(industrial equipment) tech. 42 years of turning wrenches takes it's toll on the body.

TOYTONKA[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Mar 12, 2017 at 6:02 AM
    Wyoming09

Wyoming09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Tripoli Pa
    Vehicle:
    2000 Work truck 5 speed 4x4 3.4
    Super Springs
    It is good to vent and let it out .

I quit my job cleaned out the work truck got my tool box it was not 2 hours later the owner called to hear my side of the story .

He can be a total ass hat at times but he talked me into coming back even got a new Truck out of the deal

He is learning if I leave not near as much would get done.

It is nice being in a position to walk away anytime makes being able to take all the in company stuff better .

It really helps to enjoy what I do

Never seems to be the customers just them being dumb

TOYTONKA and stairgod like this.
  7. Mar 12, 2017 at 6:06 AM
    My02SC

My02SC instigator

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Jersey Shore ,PA
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma,TRD
    2.5 lift, the usual that goes with it. Work in progress.
    I left my job as a tech only 3 years after I started. Working as a parts salesman now. Still doing trucks and bikes on the side. Piece of mind means more to me than the money. Already retired from the army so I feel I'm in the position to do as I want.

TOYTONKA likes this.
  8. Mar 12, 2017 at 6:06 AM
    stairgod

stairgod NOOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Jo n
    PA/NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM Trail Limo
    Locked Boosted 35s
    Guess I should check my rears. 78k on them now.. Haven't done drum brakes in almost 20 years

9. Mar 12, 2017 at 6:09 AM
    Wyoming09

Wyoming09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Tripoli Pa
    Vehicle:
    2000 Work truck 5 speed 4x4 3.4
    Super Springs
    Why bother just wait till it sounds like a train and sparks are flying out !!

Like most people

New Drums and Shoes your good to go

TOYTONKA and stairgod like this.
  10. Mar 12, 2017 at 7:26 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I can relate..... spent 20 years as a Journeyman Machine Operator at a local company. About 4 years ago, I took an 'office/accounting' job at the same company. I got soooooo sick and tired of the weekend work, 12 hour days, 60 hour weeks, and shift work. HUGE pay cut (like $10k) - but we could afford it. Never considered accounting ...but I actually write invoices (to the customers) of the products I used to make on the machines. I understand the process - unlike some accounting person off street.

But anyway.... my company has gone downhill in the last 10 years. We're just a 'number'. Taking all of the good benefits over the years. People are quitting left & right (good CRAFT people). Last year I saw more people quit in one year than I have in 20 (at the local plant). These were people I used to work with. Last year, the company split into 3 companies. They put an article in the local paper early last week about how 'GOOD' the company was doing and how profitable the *split* was/will be but we need 150 employees - yadda yadda yadda. They made themselves look pretty good to the community. But yet....Thursday and Friday they made MASSIVE JOB CUTS across the board (nationwide). They never mentioned that in the article...THey are EXTREMELY low on technical craft positions and production workers, yet cut all the salary people. My work load will double....

Sorry.....that was long. Some days I wish they'd give me a 'package' (but they won't). I'm just cruising along with my 4 weeks vacation (weekends off and day shift) for now and possibly early retirement in 5-10 years pending how bad it gets.

TOYTONKA and Blackout14 like this.
  11. Mar 12, 2017 at 7:34 AM
    TinyTech626

TinyTech626 reverses st. signs & steals everyone's left shoe

Member:
    First Name:
    Liz
    Bucks Co, PA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD AmoCat
    Stuff. Things.
    I have work saturday.

Shitty, but my days off are Sunday Monday. I don't even have the replacement parts yet.

Blackout14 likes this.
  12. Mar 12, 2017 at 7:37 AM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    Cool!

Heading back home now.

Stay warm peeps.

Blackout14 likes this.
  13. Mar 12, 2017 at 7:38 AM
    TOYTONKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hatboro, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Absolutely does.

Blackout14 likes this.
  14. Mar 12, 2017 at 7:39 AM
    TOYTONKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hatboro, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Im good to go whenever your ready.

Blackout14 likes this.
  15. Mar 12, 2017 at 7:42 AM
    TOYTONKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hatboro, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    When ever your ready Liz let me know. What ever day is good for you, my time slots are wide open right now.

16. Mar 12, 2017 at 7:48 AM
    TOYTONKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hatboro, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:OH the stories I could tell of 35 years as a mechanic.

Blackout14 likes this.
  17. Mar 12, 2017 at 7:50 AM
    TOYTONKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hatboro, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Good luck man I hope you make to the end.

Janster[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Mar 12, 2017 at 8:01 AM
    TOYTONKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hatboro, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    After this blizzard blows thru I'm good to go. Like I told Liz, my time slots are wide open.

TinyTech626 and Blackout14 like this.
  19. Mar 12, 2017 at 9:04 AM
    Nimble9

Nimble9 visit squareonecreations.com Vendor

Member:
    Lebanon, PA
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 DCSB
    enough to have fun
    What all should I order? I've literally never done drum brakes before haha, my previous vehicle was all disc

20. Mar 12, 2017 at 9:41 AM
    TOYTONKA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hatboro, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    Brake shoes, spring kit and drums incase you need them. I'll measure yours if they can be resurfaced or not or if you just rather put new drums on anyway.

Products Discussed in

To Top