1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

People asking to borrow your truck

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by VixTacom, Sep 15, 2009.

?

People Borrowing your truck

Poll closed Dec 14, 2009.
  1. No I don't mind

30 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Yes I mind

105 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. Bring it back to me with a full tank of gas

68 vote(s)
    14.2%
  4. Your kidding right?

277 vote(s)
    57.7%
  1. Sep 15, 2009 at 10:51 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    And on a side note, I had this friend that flooded his car whenever Houston was having those severe thunderstorms across Houston at the beginning of the year. Anyways we hopped in my buddys jacked up F350, and drove all the way across Houston to tow his car. There were times that the water was up to the door panel with a 6" lift and 35's". Long story short, he doesn't even say thank you or bought my buddy lunch when we ate at whataburger! Needless to say, we don't talk to him anymore! I hate when people expect you to come out and use your truck, time, and gas. More often than not, I am never reimbursed for gas, so thats why I only help out family and the friends that have been there for me.

2. Sep 15, 2009 at 10:57 PM
    thekidcatcher

thekidcatcher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    I like this guy lol

3. Sep 15, 2009 at 11:27 PM
    thestrangebrew

thestrangebrew AlphaPlanner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Dos Palos CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4 Rugged Trail Edition
    Black Badges, Black Center Console
    Just my immediate family & wife. Sometimes I commute in my truck w/my sister in law and I let her use it, but she's never been in a wreck. Most of my friends have their own trucks though so ig never really comes up.

4. Sep 16, 2009 at 12:14 AM
    Dellosa89

Dellosa89 Love peace and Taco Grease

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Murrieta CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCA's, Icon RR, Icon aal,EVS foam bump stops, Borla Catback, HID Headlights and fogs, Defiant light bar, 3 hella 700 hid, Satellite Radio, Sony hu with 10'' sub, custom jetski rack, TRD seat covers, secondary air filter removed.
    ill let my brother drive my truck sometimes but only if im in the truck with him. also i let one of my friends drive my truck once cause he drove me to the doctor after i crashed on my dirtbike.

5. Sep 16, 2009 at 3:41 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    A rake or a cup of sugar, well OK. My truck? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FUCKING MIND!!!!!! LEAVE NOW BEFORE I BEAT YOU DOWN FOR EVEN THINKING ABOUT ASKING!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Sure, show me your insurance that'll cover MY vehicle, gimme 20,000.00 in collateral & still HELL NO! But gimme gas money & heads up ahead of time & I might take you in my truck to run your errand depending on what it is or when it is....if you're a friend or family or neighbor but strangers? GTFOWTS (get the fuck out with that shit!)

6. Sep 16, 2009 at 3:44 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    i have trouble letting my girlfriend drive it, let alone allow someone to BORROW it!!

7. Sep 16, 2009 at 3:45 AM
    SaturnXL

SaturnXL Professional Paperweight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    SouthEastern PA
    Vehicle:
    09, TRD Spt, Timb Mica
    Unless you're my dad or you make a couple payments, NOBODY drives my truck.

I won't let the mechanic pull it into the bay if work needs to be done. I'll pull it in and out of the bay and wait for them to be done. Won't even get gas in Jersey just because I don't want someone I don't know putting gas in the tank, possibly spilling anything on the paint.

8. Sep 16, 2009 at 4:04 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    NOOOoooo Way!!

Immediate family and I can think of only ONE friend who I'd trust enough. Same goes for any of our other vehicles.

If people want help hauling something - then my husband and I will help. No way in hell we pass our truck around without us being there.

9. Sep 16, 2009 at 4:17 AM
    sAm I aM

sAm I aM Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x2
    Flowmaster .50 ries xhaust, K&N Filter
    Only very close friends and family are allowed. They all know how much I love my truck though so I think they understand.

10. Sep 16, 2009 at 4:36 AM
    MRCapps

MRCapps Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    M.R. Capps
    Arnold Land
    You forgot the option "Fuck No" cause thats what i would vote for! I am saving up $9,000 just for my down payment! A financial advisor once told me "if you save up $30,000, I promise you wont want that truck anymore" Bull shit!!!! But after saving up this much, I realize that I will NOT leave it in the hands of anyone else!!!! Insurance wont cover everything everytime..... why chance it??? And like InfidelTaco said "would a man let someone borrow his wife?" ...... maybe, but not if I paid $30K for her:p

11. Sep 16, 2009 at 5:08 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    People know that I love my truck. They don't ask to borrow it without asking for my help as well. Besides, this is Texas - everyone has a truck.

...my trailer, on the other hand, gets loaned out all the time.

12. Sep 16, 2009 at 5:09 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    exactly.

13. Sep 16, 2009 at 5:10 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    I've only let two people drive mine.. While i was there. My bro,And i let my gf drive it around a parking lot in 2nd gear.

14. Sep 16, 2009 at 5:51 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    No way would I loan my truck or any vehicle out... I loaned out a lawn mower once and it was never the same again, so I AM NOT letting anyone but my son (who knows I will kill him if he hurts my truck :D) drive her or any vehicle.

You can be the best driver, but like others have said, you damage it, then I"m the one stuck fighting with the insurance co plus being without a vehicle while getting it fixed.

On that same note, I will not drive anyone else's vehicle either.

15. Sep 16, 2009 at 6:04 AM
    WATRD

WATRD Keyser Soze

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Duvall, WA
    Vehicle:
    '01 S/C SAS TRD
    WATRD.com
    I will toss my keys to many people, if we are on the trail and it needs to be moved, or even if they just want to check it out, but it depends upon what I have seen from them up to that point.

On road, there are VERY few I will allow to drive it. It's a bit specialized and most people think too highly of their driving skills to pause and realize it won't/shouldn't drive like their normal car.

16. Sep 16, 2009 at 6:12 AM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    :laugh: I got a good laugh from the comparison.

Anyway, my dad has been the ONLY other person to drive it since ownership. I don't mind helping people/family, but I drive.

17. Sep 16, 2009 at 6:37 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    me driver of truck, my old lady has driven it a few times... weve been together for 5 years now, but i still dont like anyone but me driving it

18. Sep 16, 2009 at 6:53 AM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    First reaction HELL NO!

Okay I guess my parents and maybe my gf would be alright, but anybody else no way.

19. Sep 16, 2009 at 7:24 AM
    dman597

dman597 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    maryland
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC 4X4 SPORT w/Tow
    6" Pro Comp Lift,295-75-R17,access rollup,Tint,front hitch,nfab step bars
    NO ONE DRIVES MY TRUCK EXCEPT ME. Especially for and activity that requires a truck. I don’t mind helping people out if they pay for gas.

20. Sep 16, 2009 at 7:25 AM
    Kenobe

Kenobe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    My wife's 20yo daughter asked to drive mine to Denver (1 hour away) and tow a friend's car back to CO Springs. HELL NO! Girl keeps knocking the bumper off the front of her own car, and both rear doors are creamed in. No way she's touching my truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top