1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

People at autozone don't know shit

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by 06BLUEDBLSPORT, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Aug 20, 2010 at 8:11 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    When I worked at NAPA (ten years ago), I was told the there were only a handful of company owned stores. The rest were all franchises. Not sure if that's changed or not, but a family owned business is always a better bet than a corporate chain store. Autozone, Kragen, Oreilys, all chain stores. Carquest may have franchises.

For the most part, the local NAPA seems to have well trained people working there. The chain stores, not so much. The customer service varies between our local Oreily's and the Autozone. I won't go in the Oreily's at all anymore, they just suck to deal with. The Autozone guys at least try.

Interestingly enough, the NAPA seems to attract the smarter, more polite customers. When I went from NAPA to Kragen, I noticed immediately that many of there customers were rude as hell, and most didn't know shit about what they were doing. And they all complained about the attitudes the guys at the NAPA had. My attitude towards ALL the customers was influenced by the 50 percent or so that were super rude to me. It was not unheard of to have an employee get assaulted in that place either. The place just attracted the scum of the earth for some reason. So I'm not surprised at all to hear stories about employees that don't give a shit. I used to keep a hammer under the counter just in case I had to defend myself. It's hard to be Mr Friendly and helpful when you're constantly having to watch for trouble. NAPA just had a no bullshit type atmosphere. Customers generally didn't cop an attitude with me, and I treated them accordingly, with respect.

Figure out where the locally owned stores are and deal with them. Even if it costs you more. And be polite until someone gives you a reason not to be. NAPA gives a 5% AAA discount.

2. Aug 20, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2

To answer your question, I believe there is only one size for optimas. A group 34/78 if I remember right. 34 is top terminal, 78 is side post, optima will have both on it. I think 34 is slightly wider than a 35. Physical size has nothing to do with CCA rating.

Products Discussed in

To Top