1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Performance Chip

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by stormtrooper37, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Jan 6, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    lundy

lundy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2023 Double Cab 4x4
    With no plans of boost the only other reason would be to show of with the Unichip Flux(link below) or connect a laptop to it. You know, get a little Fast and Furious with it. But then you'll have to watch out for Vin Diesel to be like
    21ereds_0064cdb2364e79d71aaca95292023b8136a93a19.jpg

http://www.unichip.us/89-flux I had one for my TC.

Sorry, that was an elaborate post with no info. I'm a little bored at work. It's slow on Fridays.

2. May 6, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    tubbie146

tubbie146 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    christopher
    tucson Az
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 4x4
    4 big KCs on front bumper, single wire-mesh rock shield protecting all four, billet alum. grille
    did the engine go cause you messed with it...?

or did it just go...my 01 xcab v6 4x4 exploded after an oil change...which they wouldnt pay for (said it wasnt their fault)...I did pay an independant for an eval, who said it was "rolled" piston bolts...the new after-market bolts are ...like...$5, but closer to $1500 to install....

anyways....the chip was good....? or a waste of money?..

3. May 6, 2012 at 8:06 PM
    dlg636

dlg636 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrin
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Tacoma w/all the goodies
    DR front coils and rear shocks, deaver springs, load leveling airbags, k&n intake, JBA hedders and exhaust,Unichip power chip, URD short shifter, onboard air compressor, upgraded power inverter (1000W put in stock inverters location) budbuilt traction bar, warn transformer winch mount and warn winch, HID headlights and foglights, full LED bulb conversion, LED bed lights, full stereo system with GPS and they all roll on 16x8 black steel rock crusher and 285/75R16 BFG KM2's.
    for me, i like my Unichip. its gave me great power gains. as far as whats a good exhaust, i am running the JBA hedders and cat back exhaust. hope this helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top