1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Permanently fixing idler arm and tie rod ball joints on ifs

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Lantonben, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Mar 3, 2015 at 5:13 PM
    Lantonben

Lantonben [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 93 SWB 22re
    3in Suspension 285/75/R16 Hankook Dynapro ATMs Softopper Flowmaster Super 44
    I bought a 93 4x4 pickup recently and some of the problems it had were the ilder arm, and tie rod ends needed replacment because the ball joints keep going bad. I am not suprised by this because the truck I bought has the torsion bars absolutely cranked to max. All the parts are at ridiculous angles and it causes them to fail. After doing some reading this is a common problem. Some have even said they replace the I arms and Tie rods every 6 months. My question is, is there any real fix to this problem? I'd like to be able to do it and have the parts last at least a year haha. Can anyone help?

2. Mar 12, 2015 at 12:00 PM
    Cooters94

Cooters94 Well-Known Member

Member:
    woodstock, ga
    ball joint lift, zuk mod, 31x10.50's
    I just installed 4crawlers brass idler arm bushings and a blazelands idler arm brace on a new idler arm. i took it wheeling this past sunday. pretty sure the new idler is fucked. solid axle swap is looking better and better.

3. Mar 13, 2015 at 4:58 AM
    Lantonben

Lantonben [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 93 SWB 22re
    3in Suspension 285/75/R16 Hankook Dynapro ATMs Softopper Flowmaster Super 44
    Yeah Im having the same thoughts. Sheered the tie rod end out of the knuckle while wheeling last night. Jeez thank god I had a spare at home. Gonna look today to see what I can do to make things better

Products Discussed in

To Top