1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Permatex Windshield Repair Kit

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Evil Monkey, May 9, 2009.

1. May 9, 2009 at 7:08 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey [OP] There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I went off-roading last Friday and caught a pebble to the windshield. It created a pea-sized chip in the windshield with some spider cracks. So I decided to give the Permatex Windshield Repair kit a try. It comes with everything that you need (I picked it up in Pep Boys near the RTV & Epoxy). In total it takes about 45 minutes to repair the crack. It was easy to do and worked well. Just read through the instructions before you start. They have a video demo on their site (http://www.permatex.com/videos/video_windshield_eng.html).

Here's an after shot with a circle showing the original size.
    windshield crack.jpg

2. May 9, 2009 at 7:08 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    nice work

3. May 10, 2009 at 6:12 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    That's cool- If i knew it'd work that well I mighta tried it myself instead of calling the insurance company....=\

Nice work!!

4. Dec 1, 2010 at 11:46 PM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Murrieta, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    J&D long travel front w/ fabtech spindles 10" dual rate springs with king 2.5 coilovers, Allpro 50T baja pack in rear with 16in king 2.5" resi, ebay turbo, mapecu3, self tuned, electric fan, 456 gears, 04 tundra axle factory lsd, PRP race seats with 4 point race harness
    I just got a few of these chips in today from stupid truck. Did it fill the whole crack? I need to fill it before it decides to spread.

To Top