1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Personal Dilemma...sell or not?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by robbymartin, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Apr 20, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I totally agree, you have to have your own interest's if it includes her or not. I obviously am a huge UGA football fan and college football fan and my wife doesn't have a problem with it. She knows I will not miss a UGA game and I love her even more for this. (my ex wife tried to control me and it didn't last a year) She lets me do what I want, within reason of course. You need this to make a marriage to work imop. So to the OP, I hope you make your decission based on what YOU want to do and not influenced by her. Not to break up a marriage but you have to have your own interest's and hobby's as long as they are not getting you into trouble. ie, drinking while off roading. Sounds like your delima is more about the drinking than the off roading part to me. Good luck!

2. Apr 20, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    x2468

x2468 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '02 TRD 4wd V6 Xcab Sr5
    Did you get drunk and ruin her first off-roading experiance by scarring the shit out of her? Because that's what it's starting to sound like.

What were your motivations for getting a truck besides the possibility of off-roading from time to time with your wife? Do you need the bed space? the ability to haul? the only advantage you would get by switching from 4x4 to 2x4 would be slightly better MPG. I think it's like 1-3mpg. You would have to calculate your average driving distance, multiply that by the price of gas (which is a lot higher now) and then add that to the difference between what you could sell the truck for and what a 2x4 truck would cost.

But really that's the only difference. the 2x4 won't ride on the pavement any differently than the 4x4.

For me, since i live in florida, 4x4 was purely optional. it would be nice to get better gas mileage but at the same time it's nice having the peice of mind that if i need to get to a remote location for my dirtbike, or if i need to move back up north where it snows, im set.

Products Discussed in

To Top