1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pharmacy School Interview

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by tencrawler, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Feb 9, 2012 at 8:03 AM
    tencrawler

tencrawler [OP] I'm a lover not an expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Petaluma
    Vehicle:
    1985 Pickup 4x4 SCLB 22R 5SPD Manual
    Only 55K Original Miles in Spring of 2018
    I interviewed at UCSF (San Francisco) last week and I just received another invitation to interview at California Northstate School of Pharmacy in Rancho Cordova, Ca. Pretty Stoked! :bananadance:

2. Feb 14, 2012 at 7:43 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Good deal & good luck brother!

3. Feb 14, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    tencrawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Petaluma
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Man!

4. Feb 14, 2012 at 8:58 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    good luck man.. i plan on applying sometime next year as well...

5. Feb 14, 2012 at 9:07 PM
    tencrawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Petaluma
    Vehicle:
    Are you planning on applying to any Nor Cal schools?

6. Feb 14, 2012 at 9:10 PM
    Large Farva

Large Farva Does this look like spit to you?

Member:
    First Name:
    Who's Barry Badrinath?
    Smyrna, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB TRD Sport
    Black Bully Step Bars, Black Bull Bar, Black tailight guards, Flowmaster Duals, K&N CAI, Redline Hoodstruts, EZ Down Tailgate assist, TRD Skid Plate, SOCK Monkey Decals, Metal Miller Front Emblem, OEM Roof Rack, Blu Logic Bluetooth, YAKIMA Bike Racks, Tinted Windows, RockyMount Bike Racks, TRD Gas Cap, Shorty Antenna, Homer Taco's Satoshi, Wet Oaklies, Baja Roof Cargo Rack Future: Spindle Lift w/ 285's
    GOOD LUCK! I have been through graduate school and law school, as well as working in the admissions department at a medical school (while in grad school). So if you have any questions let me know, I can help you out with any tips. Although I don't have any connections to west coast schools... :(

7. Feb 14, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    Large Farva

Large Farva Does this look like spit to you?

Member:
    First Name:
    Who's Barry Badrinath?
    Smyrna, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB TRD Sport
    Black Bully Step Bars, Black Bull Bar, Black tailight guards, Flowmaster Duals, K&N CAI, Redline Hoodstruts, EZ Down Tailgate assist, TRD Skid Plate, SOCK Monkey Decals, Metal Miller Front Emblem, OEM Roof Rack, Blu Logic Bluetooth, YAKIMA Bike Racks, Tinted Windows, RockyMount Bike Racks, TRD Gas Cap, Shorty Antenna, Homer Taco's Satoshi, Wet Oaklies, Baja Roof Cargo Rack Future: Spindle Lift w/ 285's
    I've gone through about 4,000 pharmacy applications through my two years in graduate school!

8. Feb 14, 2012 at 9:57 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    i might... im actually applying to schools outta state... if that doesnt work i plan on some kind of grad program... either Masters In Chem or MBA... and then my 3rd option is a federal job... DOD, DEA, or FBI.... being bilingual and having a BS in Chem might be to my advantage...

if you dont mind me asking what did you major in???

9. Feb 15, 2012 at 6:56 AM
    tencrawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Petaluma
    Vehicle:
    Hey Jay,

I did apply to UOP and I am waiting for my interview invitation. It's kind of our first choice since we are working on/looking to buy a house in Lodi. It's actually out East Kettleman in the middle of all the vineyards, orchards, and wineries. Oh, and I was thinking we could do the Fog Anytime Mod on Thursday; I'll shoot you a PM tonight and we can get it figured out.

10. Feb 15, 2012 at 7:07 AM
    tencrawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Petaluma
    Vehicle:
    Impressive CV, thanks for the offer. Sadly, this is my second time around in the application process. I didn't understand how competitive the process was and I only applied to two schools; UCSF and Oregon State. UCSF, the #1 pharmacy school in America, receives 1500 applications each year and interview 300 for 125 spots. I made it to the waitlist of UCSF last year and was only 4 spots away from getting in. I made it through the interview again this year, and I have a pretty good feeling about it. I'll be sure to keep the thread updated with invitations, interviews, and letter status.

11. Feb 15, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    tencrawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Petaluma
    Vehicle:
    I have a B.S in Chemistry with a minor in General Science and a Pre-pharmacy Option from Oregon State.

12. Feb 15, 2012 at 8:37 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Dude congrats... And good job on the accomplishments... Man I just finished PCHEM and that was a depressing ass subject lol...

What's a pre pharm option??? If I think I know what this is this might save me a minor in Bio ; ))

To Top