1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Philadelphia Police violate rights of open carrier at gunpoint

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by 08WhiteTRD, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Jun 20, 2011 at 9:58 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    well lets see you could starve them out...no water and no food eventually people are gonna come out on their own in no way is the government ever justified in bombing the people....

2. Jun 20, 2011 at 10:47 PM
    MOOSE

MOOSE Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moose
    Northeastern, PA (N30) & Alpine, WY (46U)
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams
    FJ Cruiser Trail Team Special Edition, Dashboard signed by Akio Nishimura - Chief Engineer for FJ Cruiser/ Tacoma and 4Runner programs for Toyota, OEM roof rack, OEM bumper mounted auxiliary lights, OEM Rock Rails, Lucrum Winch Mount Bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0S - 9,000 pound synthetic rope winch, Bud Built skid plates, Bud Built gas tank skid plate, Bud Built rear diff skid plate, Scuba Mod, Cobra 75WXST Compact CB Radio, Bandi Mount with Firestik Firefly Flexible CB Antenna, ARB CKMP12 Air Compressor, ARB Recovery Kit, High Lift Extreme Jack, Four Treks Jack Mount, Four Treks Shovel & Axe Mount, Thule Rack, Thule Atlantis 1800 Cargo Box, Old Man Emu 3" lift
    I have never had a Philly officer disarm me while investigating a VUFA. When stopped I would just tell them to call over the the 16th district, since most of the officers knew me there at the time, most of the time that is all I had to do. A couple of times I had to show my LTCF, if dropping a few names didn't work. I used to rent the pink row home 2 doors away from the 16th district HQ on 39th Street when I attended Drexel University and my fraternity did town watch in Powelton Village as well so I knew most of the officers out of the 16th at the time.

At that time there were major gang problems at the housing project north of there in Manuta. One night before I was 21 and could obtain a LTCF, I had an idiot kid pull a revolver on at the corner of 32 and Spring Garden at 3:00am when I was walking back to my girlfriend's apartment after a night of partying. Well the young punk was too close when he pulled the double action revolver on us. So I grabbed the frame and cylnder of the firearm, since he could not pull the trigger and fire the gun if the cylinder would not rotate, I was not letting go until I took ut from him. I then proceeded to slam his arm against a telephone pole until I broke it and took his revolver. I then used his revolver to hold him until the police showed up and took him away. I sure do appreciate the finer points of Krav Maga that my fraternity brother form Tel Aviv, Israel taught me. :D

I filled more 7-11 coffee cups with beer than you can count for on-duty officers who would stop by on party nights at the fraternity house. They would pull up, get out and ask for coffee, we would take the cups inside and fill them with beer and give them back to the officers. We also would get tips from them on when the PSP and LCB would be making the rounds looking for underage drinkers. Ah the good old days. :D

At the NRA Annual meeting in Pittsburgh this year I had drinks with Seamus McCaffery, who normally has me out gunned 2 to 1, since I normally do not carry a backup gun.

In Philly it has always been about who you know, not what you know. :D

3. Jun 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    dan0

dan0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    swamplands of sc
    Vehicle:
    Sold 2011 Prerunner Doublecab 4cyl auto
    then philly LE is failling at its job
    bet the "ass holes" dont have permits for the guns they are carrying.
    nor are they carrying them "open" where the cops can see them
    common sense people, doesn't anyone use it anymore :confused:
    Philadelphia police seize guns from lawful permit holders

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gu...-police-seize-guns-lawful-permit-holders.html
    http://articles.philly.com/2010-08-31/news/24974423_1_city-cops-philadelphia-cops-security-guards

4. Jun 21, 2011 at 4:41 PM
    PhillyTacoma

PhillyTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    10 Prerunner
    Webasto Sunroof, Pioneer AVIC-z120bt in dash nav, nerf bars, XD rims
    Samesies haha been a boring night so far. Truck looks awesome though! Hopefully someone robs monster pets so I can play police at some point...

5. Jun 21, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    PhillyTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    10 Prerunner
    Actually (this is appropriate) we were chasing someone we thought had a gun but it was an old style cell phone lol.

6. Jun 21, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    win. Keep up the good work!:D

7. Jun 21, 2011 at 5:31 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    i never had any problems with philly police. the guy might have had a permit to carry, but why did he have a running tape recorder in his pocket. cops have the ability to be d-bags as well i guess i'm just saying this whole story stinks like shit to me:wink:

8. Jun 21, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    But the recorder allowed us all to learn the truth. Without it what version do you think we would have heard without it? You assume that because he had the recorder he was setting the cops up, right. Well if they were doing their jobs correctly he wouldn't have had anything to play or us to hear. I'm not against them checking him out but I am totally against the way the did it. First and foremost he wasn't doing anything illegal. And certainly nothing to warrant that type of treatment. And as was said before since when is it OK for someone to talk to a person in that manner? If I'm within my rights I see no reason I should be on the ground or have officer threaten to Fucking shoot me for trying to cooperate.

9. Jun 21, 2011 at 7:13 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

im gonna go with to protect himself from people that threaten him and commit aggravated assault against his person...

10. Jun 21, 2011 at 8:59 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Good point. If there is a bad apple lately there is no hesitation in consequences.

I may be naive , but I like to believe that the majority of LEO do what they do because they truly want to help their community. All the ones I know are of that ilk.

11. Jun 22, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

no this isnt over his court date is in July...they will either convict him or not if convicted he will appeal and that could take a while....if he isnt convicted he will file an federal civil rights lawsuit under title 42 section 1983 deprivation of civil rights under color of law...he will win eventually....the Philly PD just settled another civil rights class action law suit...

http://www.officer.com/news/10284119/philly-to-change-stop-and-frisk-policy these things take a while.....

12. Jun 22, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    dan0

dan0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    swamplands of sc
    Vehicle:
  13. Jun 23, 2011 at 6:27 AM
    dan0

dan0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    swamplands of sc
    Vehicle:
    don't get me started on the one I caught stealing out of my truck :p

14. Jul 1, 2011 at 12:27 PM
    dan0

dan0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    swamplands of sc
    Vehicle:
    shame ya didn't shoot him before he got out the door

15. Jul 2, 2011 at 10:23 AM
    PhillyTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    10 Prerunner
    Shame you didnt... CALL MY DAMN CELLPHONE! I was in the area almost all day and night. Thats a part 1... lol

16. Aug 6, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    JonJonXD

JonJonXD Active Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner SR5 V6
    Anyone on here a member of PAFOA.org?

I know Mark Fiorino from over there (guy in the OP's story) and thought I'd ask.

Go Mark! Stick it to 'em

17. Aug 6, 2011 at 1:03 PM
    Yodaforce

Yodaforce Diverse-Customs.com

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Western NC
    Vehicle:
    01 S-Runner (Arrghh! The Black Pearl)
    Simple Drop (3")
    Sorry, I could only get through the audio and the first page before hitting the "reply" button.
    I was a PO back in '95-'01 and I had my share of "shady" characters and life threatening situations, but as a PO I would have never drawn down on someone just because they were open carrying. Now, if they had it stuck in their saggy, FUBU britches, wearing a bandana, and getting out of a donk, I may have had my hand on and ready to draw as I approached.
    This situation in general can be played out in a thousand diff ways, but in the end, according to the audio only, it was completely inappropriate how the police handled the situation and turned it into something it should never had been.
    Any "educated and non-paranoid" PO would have simply verified his crudentials, and perhaps simply made a suggestion that the license holder carry concealed.
    Long long ago, it was customary to open carry. Anyone carrying for all to see was viewed as a law abiding citizen, whereas someone carrying concealed was "up to no good". Considering that this world we live in is so filled with pansy, tree hugging, liberal, people who are so afraid of just the mear SIGHT of a gun (like it's a rattle snake about to bite them), then the law abiding have to "hide" our defense so as not to "offend or scare" some of the "sheep". The drawback to going concealed, is that you become one of the "sheep", and the wolves are just as likely to target you, except with a different outcome of course. Usually they die. Unfortunate, but whatever. If a "wolf" sees a "sheep" strapped with a weapon, they would never make an attempt (unless they are just crazy, which is always possible).
    I carry concealed, and I'm fine with it. Sure, it gets hot, and it's a little more difficult, but whatever works, and if a cop drew down on me because he knows I'm carrying, I'm going to follow every command he makes. There are ALOT of those cocky little kids with badges out there and I surely do not want to get shot because of a "misunderstanding". Good grief.
    Sorry for the rant. Have a good day.

18. Oct 27, 2011 at 8:55 PM
    MOOSE

MOOSE Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moose
    Northeastern, PA (N30) & Alpine, WY (46U)
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams
    FJ Cruiser Trail Team Special Edition, Dashboard signed by Akio Nishimura - Chief Engineer for FJ Cruiser/ Tacoma and 4Runner programs for Toyota, OEM roof rack, OEM bumper mounted auxiliary lights, OEM Rock Rails, Lucrum Winch Mount Bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0S - 9,000 pound synthetic rope winch, Bud Built skid plates, Bud Built gas tank skid plate, Bud Built rear diff skid plate, Scuba Mod, Cobra 75WXST Compact CB Radio, Bandi Mount with Firestik Firefly Flexible CB Antenna, ARB CKMP12 Air Compressor, ARB Recovery Kit, High Lift Extreme Jack, Four Treks Jack Mount, Four Treks Shovel & Axe Mount, Thule Rack, Thule Atlantis 1800 Cargo Box, Old Man Emu 3" lift
    Mark Fiorino, the gentleman who was open carrying was found to be not guilty of all charges earlier today in his crminal trial.

Next up will be his civil suit aginst the City of Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Police Deaprtment and the officers involved for the violation of he protected state and federal civil rights.

The word is Mark's civil attorney is working with the ACLU on this case.

19. Oct 28, 2011 at 7:00 AM
    Chipskip

Chipskip N7MCS

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    07 Tundra

Thanks for the update!

20. Oct 28, 2011 at 8:16 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    I would love to hear the discussions at the ACLU office while this guys not there. Something tells me this isn't their type of case. Best wishes to him!

Products Discussed in

To Top