1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Photos, you guys always ask, audio,lighting, ass. mods

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jeremy_283, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Dec 26, 2008 at 8:26 PM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 [OP] Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    We always seem to get hounded for photos here so here are mine....

I installed 2 JL10's an amp, mini mag[(mod)lol], seat mounted mag, kc 6" slimlites, smittybily bullbar, all in my 08 access cab

I worry about my method of mounting my amp, prolly WAYYY to much, cause I went through my floor with self tapping screws, but I tend to worry wayyyy too much as in my mind when I work on things I picture them lasting forever.... but i put red silicone over the three mounting screws, and like 5 layers of gray rustoleum,lol.... my self tapping screw started drilling a hole into my wire harness but i caught it just in time i think, but it didnt seem that it cut any wires so i just red siliconed that up too....

LIGHTS:
    Wired on their own seperate switch, pretty srait forward from the instructions, used a stock threaded hole by my battery to mount the relay
    TO MOUNT those lights on my bumper though i did drill another hole about half an inch forward and to the sides to ensure a good fit and a visible front plate

SUBS:had most of the stuff already, i just had to build a sub box and get a wiring kit from wally world.... i used MDF board ($27 for a 4x8 from lowes) and also got some outdoor carpet ($20 for i think a 4x18 or sumthin from lowes).... based my box off of this thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/7543-perfect-setup-2-tens-down-firing-pics.html
    my mistake was i made mine taller to fit my deeper mounted subs so i couldnt rotate it in there to fit, but with some additional cutting i made it work, for my supports to elevate the box I used the rear deck wheels off a cub cadet 72inch deck (lol)...(cut to fit) and just gave them a brushed finish with a wire wheel...... the amp was mounted under my passenger seat and i rotated my seats support bar to allow for clearance

Big Mag Mod: oh just do a search

Mini mag: got it for christmas and i also had some soft ties (tie down like accessory) that i never use, so i ran it through the belt pouch and put each enclosed end of the tie through the headrest bars on my passenger seat (I really like it and it stays stuck to the seat basically and doesnt swing around)

End my description on this note.... with the sub box in back i think surprisingly it is more comfortable to sit in back (indian style) as long as your not a big guy.... just did an offroad adventure tonight and the bitc i mean girls in back seemed to be cool and comfortable and all, had those cute little seatbelts on and all so we were all good....

BTW, GLADE CAR FRESHENERS FROM WALMART FOR LIKE $2 WORK WONDERS, i have had the original oil sent in there for like the past 4 months, about empty, and i will buy a refill!!!! it smells like a frekin ocean beach... next in line is spring sensations

i will prolly end up editing my post a few times as realize i missed things

wow, i do a crappy write up, lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I SOON PLAN TO GET SOME 5100'S AND THE TSB AND SOME SUSPENSION STUFF

2. Dec 27, 2008 at 3:12 AM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    I bet that is f'n loud! nice.

Products Discussed in

To Top