1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PIAA RF6 6000K 6" LED Driving Light Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by twhalm, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Feb 15, 2017 at 9:38 AM
    twhalm

twhalm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD/OR Manual, OME , Dual battery
    Hi all,

@automatcentral was kind enough to offer these free of charge for a review and I was lucky enough to receive one. Here is a link to the product page.

The light was shipped quickly and arrived very quickly as well. The kit includes everything you need to to set these lights up on a stock or otherwise modified Tacoma.

This even includes a inline fuse.

I was impressed by the quality of the connectors all around.

The light itself is PIAA so it is extremely well built. It feels solid and the included mounting hardware is easy to attach and feels solid as well. They even include rubber pads on the hardware to prevent damage to whatever you are attaching to.

I apologize for not taking pictures of the instillation, but I attached the light to shine through my lower bumper grill and followed a procedure similar to these threads:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/led-light-bar-mounted-in-lower-bumper.255567/
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/light-bar-install-in-lower-grill-opening.251334/

Since @automatcentral only sent me one I decided to put it in the center. The directions for installation were easy and straightforward. I have a dual battery setup so I attached the light to my second battery's fuse box, replacing the connectors that came with the light. The only challenge with the instillation was getting the switch through the firewall into the cab.

Since the switch comes per-attached and is too big to fit through the firewall grommet, I had to cut the wires to get them through and just crimp them back together, which was really no big deal.

Here is the final result:

I was AMAZED at the light the two 8W LED's were able to put out. This little light bar is seriously bright. I apologize again for not having a forward facing pic, but this install happened at my apartment complex and the light was shining right into someones window....so I was forced to take pictures quickly lol.

My setup will work and look better with two lights (I will be getting one sometime) but this light is bright enough to operate on its own.

Overall, I am very impressed with this product. To often I will buy something where I notice an area where a shortcut was taken. But that is not the case with this light. Every component and part is high quality and made to last. This gets my recommendation.

Mush Mouse likes this.
  2. Apr 23, 2017 at 11:46 AM
    DrFunker

DrFunker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Could you show a day time pic of how you have the light mounted please? Thanks.

3. Apr 27, 2017 at 8:52 AM
    twhalm

twhalm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD/OR Manual, OME , Dual battery
    TheCookieMonster likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top