1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Piaa's and factory switch

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by longbow, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Mar 26, 2009 at 5:48 AM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Putting on a new bumper and have a question. I will be adding Piaa 510's to the new bumper.
    If it possible to hook up the Piaa lights using the factory wiring and factory switch??
    I would remove the lights on it now, and either use the factory connector or splice into it.

2. Mar 26, 2009 at 5:50 AM
    jolayiv

jolayiv Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hertford NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD 4x4 Off-Road
    Revenge-Fab Sliders, AVS Vent Guards, Rear TSB, Hose clamp MOD, Locker MOD, Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow, Midland Radio, Wilson 1000 antenna, Rear Diff breather MOD, Weathertech liners, Maglite mount, Bed Divider, LEER 100XR, Pop&Lock
    I don't see a problem so long as the factory wiring can hold the load of the new lights. What are they rated at?

3. Mar 26, 2009 at 5:51 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    I would splice into the factory connectors out front

4. Mar 26, 2009 at 5:57 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    They come with a 20 amp fuse. 55 watt, super white

5. Mar 26, 2009 at 6:01 AM
    jolayiv

jolayiv Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hertford NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD 4x4 Off-Road
    Revenge-Fab Sliders, AVS Vent Guards, Rear TSB, Hose clamp MOD, Locker MOD, Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow, Midland Radio, Wilson 1000 antenna, Rear Diff breather MOD, Weathertech liners, Maglite mount, Bed Divider, LEER 100XR, Pop&Lock
    I say it is fine. If the connectors don't fit just splice them in.

Truck looks awesome man!

6. Mar 26, 2009 at 6:06 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    ^

That's what I had planned on doing, I know the connector will not fit, so I wanted to check and make sure the factory switch and wiring would take it.
    Also when I sell the lights on it now, someone they have both the male and female connector.

Thanks for the comments..........:)

7. Mar 26, 2009 at 6:08 AM
    Dark Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    to add I think you would only need to find the switched wire in the stock fog light harness. that way you can use the factory switch and the piaa wiring harness so you dont have the potential for overloading the factory fuse system because I'm sure the PIAA light are throwing out a bit more power:D

8. Mar 26, 2009 at 6:16 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Well hate to say it, but I am lost when it comes to that. I can fab it, but wiring and finding all that stuff.....brain dead.
    Running 4 xtra switches now, hate to kill one and add another. May be able to use the Piaa switch, remove one I installed awhile back, and do some fab work to the blank.

9. Mar 26, 2009 at 6:22 AM
    Dark Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    I can throw some pics your way tonight when i get home of how I fabbed my blanks a while back to accomidate the PIAA switches. Takes patients but its not hard with the dremal tool.

10. Mar 26, 2009 at 6:23 AM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Yes please do, may give it a shot this AM since I have three,

11. Mar 26, 2009 at 6:57 AM
    PrezidentRedz

PrezidentRedz Uncivilized Creations Prez

Member:
    First Name:
    Redz
    Owings, MD
    Vehicle:
    00 Taco 4x4 Xtra Cab, Locked and Lifted.
    Custom Everything! WHAT º¿º
    So let me get this strait, you getting new Lights to replace the Factory Fog Lights?

If so the new light probably draw the same amperage. but to be on the safe side just wire the factory switch to the relay that comes with the Piaa's. :)

If you need help PM me...

12. Mar 26, 2009 at 3:52 PM
    Dark Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    Here we go Bill. This was how the switches were done before I got the Toyota switches.
    IMG_0900_4f87dc25809010fd3d5e6f4854c384a706eea631.jpg

IMG_0902_096212f82ae2e1887850a872028468eb713a2467.jpg

White wire for illustration only.
    IMG_0903_88f9cc42e2a40cec965451078403fb7138f37a1e.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top