1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Picked up my new Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by GaryS1964, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Apr 23, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    GaryS1964

GaryS1964 [OP] Member

Member:
    On Thursday I picked up my new Tacoma. A 2011 Access Cab, 4 cyl, auto, with SR5 package and the dealer installed Blu Logic hands free system. The color is Pyrite Mica with gray interior.

I like it except the new truck smell is really strong. Hope it goes away soon.

A major disappointment was the Blu Logic system. Toyota never really bothers to clarify in their literature or websites that there are actually three Blu Logic systems. One for JBL sound systems, one for vehicles without JBL, and the dealer installed system. They just call them all Blu Logic Hands Free System as if they are all the same. Well they are not. The JBL system has all the bells and whistles. Along with the standard features it also stores phone numbers and allows you to use voice commands to dial phone numbers regardless of whether or not your phone supports voice dialing. They all use the radio speakers and automatically mute the radio when a bluetooth call is in progress. It's control buttons are on the steering wheel.

The non-JBL factory system simply answers the phone with a couple of other minor features. No storing numbers or voice dialing unless your phone supports voice dialing. The activation button is mounted in the dash. The dealer installed version is basically the non-JBL version. Not sure whether or not the non-JBL factory system integrates the microphone into the mirror. The dealer system does not.

That's my major disappointment. The only reason I bought the system was for storing of numbers and voice commands. I'm going to find out on Monday what if anything the dealer is going to do. My preference is to remove the system and give me my money back.

A minor disappoint is the stock steel wheels and tires. The 15" tires are small and look like passenger car tires. The steel wheels are not very attractive. It seemed like almost every Tacoma on the lot had fancy wheels and 16" truck tires as dealer added options. I suppose I could have asked for this but the price is steep so I'll live with the ones I have.

Everything else is great so far. Nothing to complain about.

2. Apr 23, 2011 at 5:59 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Access Loredo tonneau cover, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, Ultragauge, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and an Evenflow car seat in the back seat
    Welcome and :cheers:

3. Apr 23, 2011 at 6:03 PM
    Machete Eddie

Machete Eddie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD OffRoad
    Congrats on the new truck

4. Apr 26, 2011 at 7:43 AM
    musty40

musty40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC SB TRD OR
    Nice choice in color!

5. Apr 26, 2011 at 7:45 AM
    COACHPPARK

COACHPPARK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JC
    ST. PETERSBURG
    Vehicle:
    2013 PRERUNNER METALIC GREY SR5
    TINTED ALL WINDOWS,WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS AND WINDOW GUARD SOCK MONKEY DECALS
    WELCOME TO TW! FROM FLORIDA

To Top