1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

picking a coilover

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tacoman316, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Dec 30, 2008 at 7:39 AM
    tacoman316

tacoman316 [OP] go big or go home

Member:
    Mobile AL
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Prerunner
    K&N drop in filter, Banks monster exhaust
    Hey guys i am looking at getting a lift but dont know what route to go with I was thinking about billys, but then starrted looking at coilovers bot those are really high. I am going for looks and performance. I was really looking at getting billys all the way around and getting OME medium coils for the front and an AAL for the rear. I was also looking at walker evans and swayaway coilover and shocks. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. I have a 08 tacoma d cab 2wd 4.0 V6 automatic. not going with a 6" lift only a 3".

Thanks guys

2. Dec 30, 2008 at 7:57 AM
    SilverSeven

SilverSeven Rock Solid Toy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordon
    South Jurzee
    Vehicle:
    6" 35s mud and scratched to shit
    dude there is a thread asking this same thing like 5 minutes ago... But im not an asshole, and I wont tell you to search before posting a common question, no i wont do that, instead I will just hint at it and answer your question at the same time:

Get Icon or Camburg coilovers, Camburg 1.25" UCAs, and Alcan or Deaver Leaf pack in the rear.

You will spend around $2500 and have a sick setup and you will be happy as hell.

3. Dec 30, 2008 at 8:18 AM
    MsTRD

MsTRD hell yes i love my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Samantha
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 White Prerunner TRD Sport
    x2. i've got the camburg coilovers and UCAs and will be getting the deaver leaf pack in the future. i am very happy with it, it was well worth the money!

4. Dec 30, 2008 at 8:21 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    What Silver said was good info. And while I have no experience with those parts, I hear nothing but good things about them. But another option is ToyTec coilovers (5100s with eibach springs), Total Chaos UCAs and an AAL for the rear.

That's what I'm running and I think it cost around $1800 total (installed it myself) and I love the ride! A little stiffer than stock (to be expected), but not harsh at all!

5. Dec 30, 2008 at 8:21 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously though myself Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevos Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Scaffolding and a painted grill
    You wheel hard or mostly play on pavement? If offroad, crawling or high-speed wheeling? Intended use will dictate what equipment would best suit your needs.

To Top