1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Picking up Tacoma Today

Discussion in 'New Members' started by linne758, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Jan 3, 2013 at 10:28 AM
    linne758

linne758 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    St. Louis, MO but currently Gulfport, MS
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB PreRunner TSS
    WeatherTech, Magnaflow, TRD Skidplate and Shiftknob, OEM Bedmat, Fog Lights, Intermittent Wiper Switch
    Picking up my new Tacoma today. First car was a 1985 Toyota Camry my mom passed down to me in high school. It was baby blue and had chrome hubcaps. It was badass...NOT!! So I just bought the 2013 Tacoma last night. Long time between Toyota's. I bought it mostly for the rims, seriously, and the fact that the front brakes look tight through the wheels. Lame I know, but I'm a sucker for looks. It was late last night when I bought it and they just received it yesterday from Toyota so it hadn't yet gone through the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) yet. I started it up to take it on a test drive and the odometer said one mile. I was pretty stoked knowing that no one had even taken it on a test drive except for me. I drove one last week that had nineteen miles and I thought about the different test drives and people possibly romping on it. Not the case with this bad boy. I thought I was going to have one shipped in from another dealer because they didn't have the exact one I wanted at Allen Toyota in Gulfport, MS, whch is the closest dealer to where I am currently stationed for a couple months. The sales manager said that they got one in today (yesterday) exactly how I wanted it. Sweet! I was going for a mini Ford Raptor look, so didn't want the SR5 package because it includes color matched fender flares and a chrome rear bumper that seemed out of place to me, and a chrome grill surround, not cool in my opinion. The pieces just didn't seem to flow in my opinion with the toughness look of the truck. The sticker was $29,818.00. They sold it to me for dealer invoice which was roughly $1800 off at $28,000. I got the Toyota rebates of $1500, one for $1000 of the sport/TSS package, and another $500 from Toyota, plus $1000 for recent college grad, plus another $500 for being a USAA member. I paid the taxes up front of $1434. After the stupid dealer fee of $349 and a couple miniscule fees, I was out the door for $25,364.00. I think I did pretty damn good, at least I feel good about it so that's all that matters. Ok, I'll shut it for now. Pics to come ASAP!!

2. Jan 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Doublecab 4x4 IRP
    Lifetime LED 70W headlights 10-8-14 (set #2) Sylvania Silverstar fogs, front side windows tinted 27% to match the others, added Tacomaworld.com sticker, suspension TSB as of 7-21-09, Devil Horns by Andres, BFG's, Alpine with Bluetooth and Ipod contols, Rear view mirror relocation bracket, Ultragauge...
    Welcome to TW Scott, thank you for your service.

3. Jan 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM
    linne758

linne758 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    St. Louis, MO but currently Gulfport, MS
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB PreRunner TSS
    WeatherTech, Magnaflow, TRD Skidplate and Shiftknob, OEM Bedmat, Fog Lights, Intermittent Wiper Switch
    Thanks Dan, I've never been able to keep from moding a vehicle and I don't think this truck will be any different. I try not too but it never works out. Fog lights first. Can't have bare ass fog light covers. Then bed extender for sure.

4. Jan 3, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    TexAggie

TexAggie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Odessa
    Vehicle:
    15 Sport
    Congrats! Lots of great builds on here to look at and get ideas.

To Top