1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pics: Mounted Aeroforce Interceptor Guage!

Discussion in 'Aeroforce Technology' started by epa4wd, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Jan 23, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
    Pictures of how I installed the Aeroforce Gauge, great mounting position for 2wd Tacomas since 4wd have the 4wd switch there. I painted the bezel to match the surroundings of the cluster.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jan 23, 2010 at 1:07 PM
    Flynn Diesel

Flynn Diesel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    •BFG AT KO 285/70/17, XD Addict 17x9, Light Racing UCA’s, Billstein 5100’s, OME 885’s, Toytec AAL, Seat Belt warning disable, Grill Craft Black MX Upper & Lower Grill, VisionX 55/65 watt xenon Low/High Beam lights. FOG Light only Mod. Tailgate theft prevention mod. Wet Okole armrest mod. Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech floor liners. AMP Bed Extender. Wet Okole Seat Covers. Pioneer P4200DVD
    Nice dude!

3. Jan 23, 2010 at 1:10 PM
    nighthawk87

nighthawk87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    why is your shifter different? and your cup holder on the right??? I'm confused....

4. Jan 23, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    epa4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    because its a regular cab model and I changed the shifter knob with a leather one. :)

5. Jan 23, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    I thinks it bc he has a single cab...

6. Jan 24, 2010 at 9:20 PM
    blazze2005

blazze2005 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Pre-Runner Sport
    Fuel Off-Road Octane Wheels,Yokohama Geolander ATS 265/65/17.Grillcraft,Borla Exhaust,Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover,Pop n Lock Tailgate Security,Custom Wet Okle TRD Seat Covers,Catch-All Matts,Gatorback Belt,Shorty Antenna,Toyota Bed Matt,Sirius Radio,Vent Sades,20% Lumar Window Tint
    Awesome install...Very clean:) Does anybody know if you can get that gauge with Red LED instead of blue?

Thanks for any info...

7. Jan 25, 2010 at 1:44 AM
    epa4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Yes you can!

8. Jan 26, 2010 at 12:30 PM
    epa4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Ok, I've received some questions about how I mounted the gauge so here are a couple of more pictures and a few details of how its mounted.

Below is a picture of the trim piece where I mounted the gauge, this part snaps into the A/C vents bezel and can be easily pulled out, if you have trouble pulling it out simply (carefully) drill a small hole in the middle then insert an L shaped allen key into the hole and pull out the trim. (Obviously it dosen't matter that you drilled a hole since you will be enlarging it to put the gauge in it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you may have noticed the hole is nowhere near a perfect circle, but it doesn't matter since the gauge bezel is bigger than the body, but when you are making the hole enlarge it little by little and take your time so you don't make it too large, mine is a tight fit, enough that I can push the gauge into it with a little force so the gauge stays in place. If by some reason you make the hole too large, you can use a worm-gear clamp on the back so the gauge won't move forward.

[​IMG]

The trim, is not perfectly flat so there will be a small gap between the bezel and the trim:

[​IMG]

The gap is bigger on the bottom than on the top (there is barely a gap on the top) but trust me when I say that once the gauge is completly mounted you won't notice anything (look at the right side of the picture above (top side of the trim) and look at the left side of the picture (lower side of the trim)), but if you are a bit anal about it you can buy a 50mm black o-ring and put it behind the bezel, so once the gauge is mounted the o-ring will contour to the surface.

To make the hole I used a dremel with the drum sanding mandrel and as a template I used a round cardboard piece that is on the packaging of the gauge:

[​IMG]

This cardboard piece is a bit bigger that the gauge body so don't make the hole exactly that size, make it smaller to ensure a tight fit of the gauge in the trim. Notice that I placed the cardboard piece so it dosen't affect any of the mounting tabs of the trim piece. Also don't place it to low or to high because as I mentioned before the gauge bezel is bigger than the body, so if you make the hole to low or to high the bezel will extend out of the trim piece.

BTW I'm not responsible if you screw up, but if you do, this trim piece is cheap! just buy another one and do it again! :p and most importantly taaaaaakeeeeeee yooooour timeeee.

9. Jan 27, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    blazze2005

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Fuel Off-Road Octane Wheels,Yokohama Geolander ATS 265/65/17.Grillcraft,Borla Exhaust,Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover,Pop n Lock Tailgate Security,Custom Wet Okle TRD Seat Covers,Catch-All Matts,Gatorback Belt,Shorty Antenna,Toyota Bed Matt,Sirius Radio,Vent Sades,20% Lumar Window Tint
    That's an Interceptor Gauge correct? The CNi series? Thanks for any info...

10. Jan 27, 2010 at 10:38 AM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    Nice install I like it.

11. Jan 28, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    blazze2005

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
  12. Feb 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM
    blazze2005

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Here's mine...I will take more pics tomorrow after I install it back into the truck

epa4wd should take all the credit for this one!

Thanks!:)

003.jpg
    004.jpg
    Picture.jpg

13. Feb 13, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    epa4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    awesome! looks like you did a better job than me making the hole.

14. Feb 14, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    blazze2005

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Here's the day time photo's of the Interceptor installed...

I'm really happy with the way the install came out:D Check out how good the Red LED's match with the red clock lights on the radio

I will shoot a couple of night time photos tonight

Praying for the trans temp fix to be available soon:pray:

002.jpg
    001.jpg
    003.jpg

15. Feb 14, 2010 at 9:59 AM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    wow this is really cool.. never even heard of it. Was it hard to install? i like that this can be installed cleaner than a scangauge ...

16. Feb 14, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    epa4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    its very simple just plug in to the gauge and to the OBD port that it!, Menu of the gauge is very easy to navigate just two buttons one works as scroll the other as select/enter.

17. Feb 14, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    oooOOo i THINK i need one.....

18. Feb 14, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    forcefedjunkie

forcefedjunkie Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Avon, OH
    That looks really nice!

Todd

19. Feb 14, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    Looks good!!!

20. Feb 14, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    LoHoNas

LoHoNas Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Lake Jackson TX.
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 DC TRDSPORT MGM
    Debadged, Fog light mod,Grillcraft, Icons,TC UCA's, OME dakar leaf pack,Procomp 7089,BFG KM2 285/70/17 JVC NAV
    Yep.....got to have one. Any ideas on where to put it. I have a very expensive switch it that particular location. Any pics of a gauge pod or somthing?

To Top