1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pigeon-toed after spacer lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by buzz wrecker, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Apr 14, 2010 at 1:27 PM
    buzz wrecker

buzz wrecker [OP] Hair Metal Rules

Member:
    Newport News, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver SR5 TRD Sport 4x4
    MN Twins license plate frame, N-fab nerf steps, Aero Turbine muffler, AFE stage 2 intake
    Installed 3" spacer lift on front, w/ diff drop and pro-comp aal in rear. Took it to alignment shop and paid $55 to get it done, the wheels are straight up and down as the guy proved to me. However, when you look at the front tires from the front of the truck, they still look pigeon toed, and I have some feathering along the outer tread blocks on my tires. Is my alignment guy a little special, or do I need more stuff to make things right? Don't want to trash my tires quite yet, less than 12K miles on my '07!

2. Apr 14, 2010 at 1:28 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    Do you have after market UCAs?? If not, thats what you'll need to fix the alignment issues

3. Apr 14, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    buzz wrecker

Member:
    Newport News, VA
    Vehicle:
    MN Twins license plate frame, N-fab nerf steps, Aero Turbine muffler, AFE stage 2 intake
    Still on stock UCA's, I thought that's what it may be. Is this issue common with spacer lifts or am I just one of the lucky few? That and since we're on the subject, where's the best price to be found on UCA's that would fix my problem?

4. Apr 14, 2010 at 1:41 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    UCAs really only fix the low caster. There should not be any issues getting the camber and the toe zeroed out.

5. Apr 14, 2010 at 11:30 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    From what I've heard spacer lifts cause a 'toe in' condition, not sure why exactly but it's true. Regardless, toe-in is easily adjusted with an alignment; I'll bet your shop just figured the camber would be off so that's all they adjusted.

Now once you get the toe-in straightened out (hopefully the shop does it for free) IF your truck feels like it wanders or is too touchy when trying to go straight then you'll want to get some aftermarket UCA's to fix your caster: Camburg and Light Racing both have a great product that will fix the problem. There are some more high performance alternatives too, but the ones I mentioned are the cheapest and still superior to the stock ones... and they fix your alignment if you need it.

I had to get UCA's to fix my 'wandering problem' with a 2" lift so there's a good chance you'll need to also, but get that toe-in fixed first.

6. Apr 14, 2010 at 11:42 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    PM Him \/

I recently ordered a set of bushing from Dan, He was REALLY helpful and answered all my questions. Their site http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/

7. Apr 15, 2010 at 4:32 AM
    buzz wrecker

Member:
    Newport News, VA
    Vehicle:
    I will get back to the shop and see what can be done with the toe in. My work schedule sucks, so it may be a bit before I can get in. I have another vehicle I can drive, so at least I am not driving on it and chewing up my tires. On a positive note, the lift looks great (except for the alignment, which the toe is visible to the naked eye.)

To Top