1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pinnacle Souveran Wax on Black

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by 300AACTaco, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Sep 28, 2015 at 4:54 PM
    300AACTaco

300AACTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Black '15 DCSB TRD Off Road 4x4
    ARB Old Man Emu 90000s and 60091s OME 886s, Trim Packer, Icon Tubular Uniball UCAs, CMC, Invisible Sway Bar, Dakar Rear Leaf Packs, Timbren Rear Bumpstops, All Pro U-bolt flip up kit, Method Race Wheels NV 16X8 4.5BS, Cooper ST Maxx LT285/75/16, DEPO Black Tail Lights, Weathertech Floormats, Cascadia Vehicle Tents Mt. Shasta in Earth Tone Green, Custom Green Tree Fabrication Bed Rack, N-Fab Spare Tire Bed Mount
    I find myself claying so often especially with being up here in Alaska, the roads are always filthy and they're constantly fixing them every summer so tar is unavoidable. And man oh man do I hate door jambs lol, wetsanding takes forever too. One thing I notice on Tacomas is how much orange peel that they have, it's insane, especially by the rocker panels. But I bet that Testarossa looked amazing, definitely one of my favorite Ferrari's.

2. Sep 28, 2015 at 5:34 PM
    luchin

luchin living the Canadian dream

Member:
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    15 6MT DCSB SR5
    OME 885 coils, Dakar leaf pack, Bilstein 5100 struts, SCS Matte Jet Black SR8 wheels, 265/75/16 Toyo Open Country AT II, Arrow cap, Truxedo Truxsport Tonneau cover, TRD Exhaust, colour matched grill.
    If you're talking about the textured finish just below the door, they are meant to be that way. It's a special product they apply before paint. It's meant to be flexible and help minimize rock chips from the tires.

ALASKA!! Lol, you have bigger balls then me brother!! A black truck in an environment where winter salt and gravel are your best friend for much of the year!!! :eek:

3. Sep 28, 2015 at 7:29 PM
    300AACTaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ARB Old Man Emu 90000s and 60091s OME 886s, Trim Packer, Icon Tubular Uniball UCAs, CMC, Invisible Sway Bar, Dakar Rear Leaf Packs, Timbren Rear Bumpstops, All Pro U-bolt flip up kit, Method Race Wheels NV 16X8 4.5BS, Cooper ST Maxx LT285/75/16, DEPO Black Tail Lights, Weathertech Floormats, Cascadia Vehicle Tents Mt. Shasta in Earth Tone Green, Custom Green Tree Fabrication Bed Rack, N-Fab Spare Tire Bed Mount
    Never knew that about that texture! I always wondered! And oh yeah there's no escaping any of that stuff! I'm surprised my windshield only has two small chips in it instead of huge cracks lol the gravel on the roads here always finds a way!

4. Sep 28, 2015 at 7:33 PM
    300AACTaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
  5. Sep 28, 2015 at 9:01 PM
    luchin

Member:
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    15 6MT DCSB SR5
    OME 885 coils, Dakar leaf pack, Bilstein 5100 struts, SCS Matte Jet Black SR8 wheels, 265/75/16 Toyo Open Country AT II, Arrow cap, Truxedo Truxsport Tonneau cover, TRD Exhaust, colour matched grill.
    I remember when I was detailing cars back in 1990, that's when I wet sanded the black Ferraris, we used a wax made by Zymol. The application process was to melt the wax in your hand and apply it to the paint with your hand, not an applicator. I know this sounds crazy but it was a pretty intimate process. NO we didn't detail run of the mill cars. In fact, the cheapest car we allowed in the shop was a NSX. Yes I said allowed, lol. We dealt with high end exotics and nothing more.

6. Sep 28, 2015 at 9:50 PM
    300AACTaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I've definitely heard of that before, Zymol makes some crazy good wax, expensive as hell but when you're working on cars like that it's the best or nothing. Surprisingly a few people are crazy enough to own some exotics up here in AK, nothing too crazy but just a few, there's a white Audi R8 in anchorage, murcielago, yellow ferrari 360, but tons of corvettes lol

7. Sep 28, 2015 at 10:22 PM
    luchin

Member:
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    15 6MT DCSB SR5
    R8, Lambo, and Ferrari are not light weights in the exotic world. Corvettes have their place as well.

And God damn you have a nice truck...I like the Pelfreybuilt stuff but have no need for sliders or bumpers. Nice work, one of the nicest I've seen on the forum. Very tastefully done.

This is my truck. I'll be going to Dakars by the summer time but other then that she's pretty much done. IMG_5523.jpgIMG_5649.jpg

I run the cap in the summer months but take it off for the winter.

300AACTaco[OP] likes this.
  8. Sep 30, 2015 at 11:37 PM
    Poindexter

Poindexter Well-Known Member

Member:
    north of Denali
    Vehicle:
    15 V6 auto 4x4 mag gray
    Caleb, you don't need me to tell you your truck looks great. It does, btw.

I ran through a jar of pinnacle back in 2004. It was head and shoulders anove any other carnuba wax i tried up to $300/ jar.

Don't bother looking for a better carnuba wac until you are in a position to sign and drive a factory new Aston Martin.

If you stay happy with it, stick with pinnacle products. If you get a couple weeks out and are looking at claying your truck, again, to get that "pop" back, then it is time to shop synthetix sealants.

You might find well cured base layers of sealant under the high quality carnuba give your pop much better (channel spinal tap the movie) sustain.

Zaino is not the only sealant game in town anymore.

In the meantime, l' audace, l'auface, to jours l' audace.

9. Oct 1, 2015 at 10:23 PM
    300AACTaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! Before I applied this wax I had Meguiars Synthetic Sealant on for about 3 months so when I applied this I wanted it to be on the bare paint so I stripped it off with diluted isopropyl alcohol. But pinnacle sure does make great stuff!

Products Discussed in

To Top