1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD ....

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RaginCajun, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Mar 28, 2010 at 6:06 AM
    RaginCajun

RaginCajun [OP] -Doomsday Squad-"game over man"

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2013 white Toyota Tacoma
    3" Toytec Lift, 285's firestone destination A/T, window visors, UWS Low-profile toolbox, Sockmonkey custom decals, Trd All>Weather floor mats,Tacoma Bed Mat
  2. Mar 28, 2010 at 6:10 AM
    richard4878

richard4878 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 silver trd sport access cab
  3. Mar 28, 2010 at 6:13 AM
    IrishPilot

IrishPilot Well-Known Member

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road 4x4 Double Cab
    Agreed. Most Best Buys (especially if they have decent installers) dont require you to have purchased anything from the store. If you want to save some ching, but everything online and simply have them do the install.

I think you will enjoy that HU though!

4. Mar 28, 2010 at 6:21 AM
    RaginCajun

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2013 white Toyota Tacoma
    3" Toytec Lift, 285's firestone destination A/T, window visors, UWS Low-profile toolbox, Sockmonkey custom decals, Trd All>Weather floor mats,Tacoma Bed Mat
    Thanks for the advice guys. It did sound a little pricey. Think I'll take yalls advice and go with crutchfield and have a shop do the install. :)
    thanks-

5. Mar 28, 2010 at 8:34 AM
    IrishPilot

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    You can do even better than Crutchfield on price if you look around. That being said, Crutchfield has been VERY good to me and thus often times its worth the extra buck to buy from them. Im willing to spend a little more on a high ticket item to have the fantastic support and return policies that Crutchfield offer.

6. Mar 28, 2010 at 3:01 PM
    Jpf8653

Jpf8653 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Revtek 3" lift, Tinted Windows Wheels n' Tires Door Sill Protectors Rockford fosgate P3 shallow w/ alpine mono 500 amp in a MR MARV PORTED box Weathertech floor liner Rear TSB Pioneer 3200BT Double Din touch screen
    That link for crutchfield is out of stock!

I just bought this head unit and i love it! Looks great in our trucks bro. Im not far from you in LA I got mine installed for bout that price at the local audio shop in Baton Rouge. Yeah the price was slightly higher buying it from the store, than getting it online, but i knew if i bought their product i would get a good install. I pad 650 installed. I also just yesterday returned it and upgraded to the 3200 BT. Its got the bluetooth already installed and the price difference was only 70 dollars. I asked how much would it be to add bluetooth to the DVD unit and he said over 150 after install. So u may wanna look into that option too for less than 100 more dollars. GOOD LUCK! Get one either way

7. Mar 29, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    RaginCajun

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2013 white Toyota Tacoma
    Thats sounds awesome dude! yeh..im gonna shop around at some audio stores here in town. Thanks for the advice :)

8. Mar 29, 2010 at 3:26 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I'd avoid Best Buy for installs. A stereo install is pretty simple, you just need to take your time and remain calm.

If you order from Crutchfield, they give you good instructions and technical support for life. I have used them many times because they are the best I have ever dealt with as far as customer support goes. They have sent me manuals for stuff that I ordered several years in the past when I requested a copy and have generally been great to work with.

9. Mar 29, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    RaginCajun

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2013 white Toyota Tacoma
    yeh bro, having great customer service is awesome. :)

10. Mar 29, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    2 tacomas

2 tacomas Slightly Sane

Member:
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport 4wd -Sold
    I've lost count....
    The Pioneer AVH series are very good head-units....I love my AVH-4100DVD and I am sure the 3200 is great as well.

You should think about installing it yourself- you will save a nice chunk of change and installing a head-unit in our trucks is not very difficult.

I installed my Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD along with the following add-ons:
    - Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth Adapter
    - Pioneer ND-BC2 Rear-view Camera
    - Pioneer CD-IU200V Ipod Interface Cable
    - SWI-PS Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter
    - Parking Brake Video Bypass Module

..............and all of this was my 1st install that I have ever done and I am very glad that I did it myself. I know that the job was done right, and I learned a lot about my truck during the install.

11. Mar 29, 2010 at 7:53 PM
    RaginCajun

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2013 white Toyota Tacoma
    nice! How do you like the back up camera?

12. Mar 29, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    2 tacomas

2 tacomas Slightly Sane

Member:
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport 4wd -Sold
    I've lost count....
    I am very glad I installed it....it makes hooking up the boat trailer simple and it's nice to have when backing into a tight spot. I tapped into the reverse wire so it comes on automatically when I shift into reverse, but I can also turn it on at any time to check on things while I am driving down the road.

13. Mar 29, 2010 at 10:22 PM
    IrishPilot

Member:
    MN
    Vehicle:
    While I agree that an install is definitely a "can be done at home" thing, I have to respectfully disagree with the "avoid Best Buy install" mentality. Like anything else, it really depends on each shop. Locally, the two guys that run the Best Buy car audio install have 30 years between the two of them, they are both nice as can be, and they are both perfectionists. I take my truck to them when I really want something done clean and correct. Its worth my dollar.

14. May 3, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    McJosh

McJosh avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    2005 Reg. Cab 5 lug Tacoma
    Pioneer AVH-p2300DVD, 12" Memphis sub and Alpine MRP-M650 amp, 32" BFG AT tires and KMC wheels, tinted windows, satoshi grille w/ stainless steel mesh, Avid front & rear tube bumpers, Cobra wx75 CB with 3' firestik, GaragePro bucket seats, FlowMaster 40 series, aFe CAI, Black head lights, LoJack and Autopage alarm installed, Avid sliders.
    I just got the same HU as the OP for $200 on craigslist. Good deal?

15. May 4, 2010 at 3:07 PM
    Blade-Runner

Blade-Runner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Prerunner
    Performance: - TRD Supercharger - URD 2.85 Pulley - APR X-1 - Doug Thorley long tube headers - Magnaflow CAT back - Toytec 3" lift Audio: - Damplifier Pro, doors (x2), rear wall, floor, kick panel & firewall - JL 13TW5 - Polk Audio db6501 - Polk Audio db5251 - Alpine PDX 1.600 & 4.100 - Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD
    Just get the 4200DVD

16. May 4, 2010 at 3:09 PM
    McJosh

McJosh avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    2005 Reg. Cab 5 lug Tacoma
    Pioneer AVH-p2300DVD, 12" Memphis sub and Alpine MRP-M650 amp, 32" BFG AT tires and KMC wheels, tinted windows, satoshi grille w/ stainless steel mesh, Avid front & rear tube bumpers, Cobra wx75 CB with 3' firestik, GaragePro bucket seats, FlowMaster 40 series, aFe CAI, Black head lights, LoJack and Autopage alarm installed, Avid sliders.
    That's dangerous!!!! ...I like it! :devil:

Products Discussed in

To Top