1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH-DVD Install help

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by bigdawgbill, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Dec 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM
    matadorCE

matadorCE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Melbourne, FL
    Vehicle:
    '05 Prerunner Accesscab TRD Offroad
    I'm about to put in the 3400, and I'd like to see where people have mounted their mics. I'm thinking of putting it on top of the steering column or drilling a hole in the blank cover next to the radio (where the 4wd switch is on the 4x4s) and having the mic stick out through there.
    Also if anyone has a 6-speed, I'd like to know where you tapped in for the parking brake signal.

2. Dec 12, 2012 at 2:21 PM
    belone12

belone12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab 6spd TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s, AAL, heated leather seats, Thule Rack, tow package, anytime foglight, Fold-a-cover
    I have a 6 speed and just installed the 4400 a few weeks back. I put in the parking brake bypass, makes life a lot easier and literally takes 8.4 seconds to install, rather than dealing with the parking brake. This is a photo of my old deck (Avic Z1), but it shows where my microphone is (just above the hazard button). Very clean and works great.

[​IMG]

3. Dec 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    matadorCE

Member:
    Melbourne, FL
    Vehicle:
    Cool! Thanks for the info. I hadn't thought about putting the microphone there, and it looks good.

4. Dec 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    mne3312

mne3312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '10 Prerunner SR5
    K&N Air Filter, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Weather Tech Deflectors, Truck Covers USA Roll Cover, 15% front 5% back Tint, Toyota Hitch Cover, Pop & Lock 8521, Pioneer 4400BH, Infinity 6-1/2" Speakers, 4-Channel Amplifier, Access Bed Mat
    The wire that comes with the 4400 was plenty long and the clip that comes with it fits perfectly in between the head liner and window. I love this mic placement.

IMG_1791.jpg
    IMG_1790.jpg

5. Dec 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i have mine between the head liner and the plastic for the map lights and temp gauge.

all tho i did have a little notch in the head liner right where yours is. i feed the plug thru it and over to the A pillar. than just pushed the wire with my finger between the windshield and head liner.

here is a pic. fits perfect here as well.[​IMG]

6. Dec 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM
    mne3312

mne3312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '10 Prerunner SR5
    K&N Air Filter, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Weather Tech Deflectors, Truck Covers USA Roll Cover, 15% front 5% back Tint, Toyota Hitch Cover, Pop & Lock 8521, Pioneer 4400BH, Infinity 6-1/2" Speakers, 4-Channel Amplifier, Access Bed Mat
    I failed to mention that if you have an iPhone 5 you cannot transfer video from your phone to the HU. I have a 30pin to lightning adapter but it does not transfer video. All the adapter is really good for is charging the phone. I hope Pioneer is in the manufacturing stages of a producing a lightning cable to support the new Apple devices.

7. Dec 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM
    barker14

barker14 sexual ninja

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Complete OME suspension with Dakar leaf pack. Clarion touch screen Sport hood Tri fold Tonneau cover
    Thanks for the reply! I had heard you could no longer control the music from the deck via Bluetooth with ios6. Something with them dropping support for parrot Bluetooth devices. There must have been a firmware update or maybe one of the updates to ios6 that fixed this issue. Thanks for clearing this up. I am thinking about getting the 4400 or maybe the new AVH-X5500BHS. Looks like its just a newer model of the 4400.

8. Dec 12, 2012 at 5:24 PM
    ProForce

ProForce IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    Not bashing your install because it is clean, but just a technical note for those who are considering this..

The mic has slits on the side which are the noise canceling portion if the mic. By doing the install like this, you cover up all the noise canceling ports, and your audio quality on the other persons end will be horrible at times when your cabin is loud (like when your driving, especially on the freeway). Just a heads up for those considering this, that flush mounting any type of mic like that highly discouraged.

9. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:58 AM
    belone12

belone12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab 6spd TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100s, AAL, heated leather seats, Thule Rack, tow package, anytime foglight, Fold-a-cover
    No worries. It was like that when I bought the truck and to be honest I never use it so I was unaware of that issue and i appreciate the heads up on it! With that in mind maybe i will adjust it to stick out a little to expose the noise cancelling or just relocate it all together.
    thanks!

10. Dec 14, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    matadorCE

Member:
    Melbourne, FL
    Vehicle:
    I did end up putting mine in the blank slot of the where the 4WD switch goes, and I did notice the slots on the mic so I installed with the mic sticking out so that none of the slots are blocked. I haven't tested it since I barely put it in last night, but overall it came out pretty well.

Products Discussed in

To Top