1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pioneer Z110BT

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jm3280, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Mar 15, 2010 at 7:26 AM
    jm3280

jm3280 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Allentown, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    Anyone have the pioneer Z110BT in their truck, im thinking of getting one and there is a new one coming out soon the X920BT. I would love the pros and cons of it if anyone has it. Thanks

2. Mar 15, 2010 at 4:46 PM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Black,Sport package,
    Sport pedals, Extang full-tilt cover, Magnaflow exhaust system, XPEL invisible paint protection, TRD short Shifter, Hood struts, Homelink mirror, Dbl power outlets,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Muth heated signal mirrors TSB. Lo-Tek Pilllar pod with Glow-Shift gauges, 4x4 illuminated switch, Pioneer Z110BT (upgraded to Z130BT) w/2011 toyota tailgate backup camera,traffic tuner, parking brake bypass. Leather interior w/heated seats. LED's installed in glove box, center console, front and rear cupholders, rear console vent, AFE CAI, LED taillights, under hood lights, LED bed lights, oil catch can, extra D-rings installed in bed, frame replaced, Bilstein 5100, fronts set at.85, FOCAL Auditor 6.5" componet speakers. Replaced lower center dash panel with 2011 dash panel, installed USB charger and relocated seat heater switches to lower panel.
    I'm looking at the same HU. When I talked to a installer about the new model he said he thought the only difference was a firmware upgrade. He also said he thought anyone with the Z110BT would be able to update to the new firmware. He said Pioneer has done this in the past.

3. Mar 15, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    pokeng

pokeng Married With Children

Member:
    North of Austin/West of Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Off Road 4x4
    Foldacover G4 Elite, Deflapped, TRD exhaust, Webasto Hollandia sunroof, Katzkin leather seats, Dynolock, Sockmonkey decals, oem bed extender, all-weather mats and bed mat
    Put mine in a couple weeks ago. I'm happy with it, but it has a couple warts. The BT and iPod functions work great. Response is good and snappy. The VR is decent and handy. The bypass is very easy. The NAV is fair, but don't buy it solely for the NAV or you'll be disappointed. My biggest gripe is a firmware bug that causes the VR to not recognize anything if you don't press 'OK' on the NAV nag screen before the BT connects to your phone. Everytime I start up my truck I feel pressure to hit the 'OK' really fast in case I'll need VR. Annoying. I've heard the same about the firmware upgrade. Hopefully this will get fixed.

There are some pics in my gallery if ya need.

4. Mar 16, 2010 at 4:30 AM
    jm3280

jm3280 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Allentown, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    yeah now im looking at the 4200dvd and get the blue tooth, I have been reading alot about the nave and vr that they are not working great and i think that would drive me nuts

5. Mar 16, 2010 at 4:04 PM
    chieffan2

chieffan2 Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    westin side steps, black grille, oem skid plate, Pioneer AVIC-Z1000 Nav
    I have one installed. It works pretty well. Overall I am happy with it. The BT and IPOD do work great. I have the JBL factory amp installed so I am getting group loop noise which is really annoying at times. I would recommend it though.

To Top