1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pissed Off!

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by sammy87, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Aug 18, 2012 at 9:23 AM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    I'm with you on the guy needing to keep you updated. Either the guy is lacking some skills or it's your concern that the offer may go away (lets hope not if it's what you really want). Either way it's hard to comprehend he doesn't understand how it feels to be in limbo about such a subject.

That being said, I had the same thing happen years ago. I interviewed in October of 1997 for job I didn't start until July of 1998. Where I work now us just like that too...

On the other side (betting you've already done this) make sure you protect youself in finding a (any) job if you don't already have one.

2. Aug 18, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    The company im with now did not respond to calls or emails. I actually had to call another person to help me out. It was ridiculous. some people just dont do a good job with HR or hiring. That being said Im at a company that is hiring left and right. they are growing huge so in his defense they were dealing with tons of new hires

3. Aug 18, 2012 at 9:38 AM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    FYI when I did the hiring, there was a mix up over which applications were kept and which were disposed of. Unfortunately, my helper got rid of the wrong stack. There was this one guy who I really wanted to place on board and I had no way to get a hold of him.

Thank goodness he called.

Maybe you should call too. When he answers, just tell him "Hello, this is Sammy - I spoke to you on (date) regarding (job position) and you had mentioned to me that the papers were being prepped and were to be ready by last Friday. I just wanted to make sure that you still had my contact info since I have not received any updates or information since our last conversation."

From there he should be able to tell you what's up.

4. Aug 18, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    rsbmg

rsbmg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vista,CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Doublecab TRD Offroad
    Front Aluminum bumper by Relentless Fab. Smittybuilt Winch Complete set of skids by ATO TC UCA's Fox Ext. Travel Front Reservoirs.
    I say if Mcdonalds is going to treat you like that just stringing you along, give Wendy's a call or just go in another direction completely maybe look into Chipotle:D

5. Aug 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    sammy87

sammy87 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    NO I know
    Exactly what the job is ect... It's that the dude called last week said
    He would have an offer letter friday and I could start ASAP. No word since. He's a legit dude in the company, billion $ company a top
    Guy and nothing. Ive turned my life upside down for this but I'm gonna move on. Not sure anymore if I'll ever hear from again.

Thanks guys!

To Top