1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Planning Mountain Bike trip to VT

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by meafordmike, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Oct 19, 2009 at 3:11 AM
    meafordmike

meafordmike [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    New Brunswick Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4X4/ 4Dr 6 speed, Sport/ Towing
    Devil Horns, Wet Okoles, WeatherTechs, Radflo Coilovers, OME Dakar's, FJC Gun metal rims, 265/75/16 BFG All Terrain TA/KO, Rear Diff breather Mod,
    Is there any safe places to park and sleep in the back of my truck ref. my new sleeping deck, I think I will go to Kingdom trails in VT and Lake Placid. And will my bikes be GTG (good to go) locked to my hitch rack. I have a little time off in a few weeks, and wish to go Mountain biking in the North east US. I have never really traveled in this area before and am looking for some good trials back roads I can explore on my bike and sleep in the truck. I have three days to do this exploring. My truck is stock and am traveling alone (with Hi-lift) so logging roads are the max off road by truck. I was looking at Up state NY, VT, NH and or PA any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am on a budget I just want to pay for gas and a little food and maybe treat myself to one night in a B&B.
    I wanted to go to Utah Moab but its 3 days drive to get there, so VT this year. Should I put my snow tires on before heading to the Mountains (is the snow flying yet)
    Any info would be good.
    I want to sleep in any rest stops if this is allowed in the States and or Parking lots (Walmart)

2. Oct 19, 2009 at 5:30 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    SBurl Vermont
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DC MGM
    Stock for now
    Kingdom Trails in Burke is awesome. There is a rather large parking lot by the main office that they share with the Pub Outback (good food) behind the general store. There isn't any Wal Marts in this area until you get into NH. St. Johnsbury has a 24hr grocery store & Lyndon State College is nearby. Most of the amnenties are typical Vt small town. There are plenty of fishing access parking areas, Newark Pond off the top of my head & Silvio Conte Wilderness Area but bow season is in full swing with rifle season right behind. I would dress accordingly and you will see snow in the higher elevations now.
    There is a truck stop in Lanchaster, NH on Rt 2 that has showers fwiw but I don't believe its 24hrs.

Other areas of interest :
    -Adams Park/Stowe Land Trust as part of Trapp Family Lodge, this also brings you to the Mt Mansfield State Forest.
    -Moscow / Cotton Brook area trails.
    =Bolton Mtn, Little River State Park
    -Huntington Town Trails
    -Catamount Trails in Williston (near a Wal Mart)
    -Sunny Hollow Trails off Rt 7 North in Colchester.
    The last two are close to Burlington (more people/more amneties) its also probably 1hr or so to Lake Placid from this area if you take the Cumberlandhead Ferry.
    Have fun ride safe!

3. Oct 19, 2009 at 6:56 AM
    meafordmike

meafordmike [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    New Brunswick Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4X4/ 4Dr 6 speed, Sport/ Towing
    Devil Horns, Wet Okoles, WeatherTechs, Radflo Coilovers, OME Dakar's, FJC Gun metal rims, 265/75/16 BFG All Terrain TA/KO, Rear Diff breather Mod,
    Thanks for your help, I will check all these out when I get home from work.

4. Oct 19, 2009 at 9:59 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    SBurl Vermont
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DC MGM
    Stock for now
    Your welcome:)
    I forgot to add the bike shops, Earls Cyclery S. Burlington (lotta tacoma owners too) & Ski Rack in Burliington has been around a long time & have info. For the Kingdom Trails area, Village Sport Shop on Rt 5 in Lyndonville are great people.

To Top