1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Please Help! LR UCA Settings

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SManZ, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Nov 18, 2009 at 2:30 AM
    SManZ

SManZ [OP] el tráfico más lento se queda derecha

Member:
    Centreville, VA
    Vehicle:
    '10 Supercharged 4x4 Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    I'm printing out all my How-To's from this forum for the Toytec lift install. I am confused about the LR UCAs and their settings. I'm reading I should go for 2.4 or 2.9` of caster and 0 camber. I'm looking at the LR UCAs and I see there is a plate that will rotate the bolt that attaches to the spindle and there is also a slider adjustment where the balljoint attaches to the UCA.

I can't figure out how these relate to the directions that show the various caster settings.

Can someone please tell me how I should set these? It looks to me like there are 8 positions available using the plate, plus the slider adjustment. In my awesome drawing, the arrow is the front of the truck and I've marked the possible locations of the bolt that attaches to the spindle. Could someone please tell me which one of these is correct and which slider position to use?

-Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. Nov 18, 2009 at 11:03 AM
    SManZ

Member:
    Centreville, VA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Ah damn...I was hoping someone would post before I got to this part. I'm going to best guess it...

3. Nov 18, 2009 at 11:15 AM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    i put mine in the middle and let the alignment guy do his thing.

4. Feb 4, 2010 at 6:16 PM
    cdn_bacon

cdn_bacon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Dbl Cab short box 4x4 TRD
    Slim's HID 6000k headlights and fog lights; Redline hood and tailgate struts, TRD CAI
    Did y'all ever get this figured out? I'm about to put my LR UCAs on this weekend

5. Feb 4, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    cdn_bacon

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    Slim's HID 6000k headlights and fog lights; Redline hood and tailgate struts, TRD CAI
    From what people have been telling me and from what I'm reading, 0 deg and all the way out.

6. Feb 5, 2010 at 7:57 AM
    SManZ

Member:
    Centreville, VA
    Vehicle:
  7. Feb 5, 2010 at 9:51 AM
    cdn_bacon

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    Flat side out...isn't that set for 0 ??

8. Feb 5, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    No...those directions are fucked...Masada and I had a hell of a time with em. You want the rounded end pointing at the truck and the flat end facing the wheel...thats 2.0+ Caster

9. Feb 5, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD .....

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD DCSB
    Check your LR UCAs to make sure they're on correctly. It's possible to swap the gold bracket. They should be flat side out (with the SPC stamp showing)
    [​IMG]

OP by Evil Monkey :cool:

10. Feb 5, 2010 at 10:02 AM
    cdn_bacon

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Houston
    Vehicle:
To Top