1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Please help me file a complaint with target

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ruler1, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Jan 22, 2012 at 8:02 AM
    MurphyZ

MurphyZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    I HATE SPICYTACOS
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner, 08 Tundy
    89 SAS 3.4 1st gen 4runner- Sold 3.4 swap cut hood for clearance exhaust x-over and magnaflow muffler lockright in the rear SAS 83 toy axle (Wab-Fab) 4xinnovations sliders roof rack from 2nd gen for kayak.
    i personally dont go to target to shop due to the adversion to military and a HORRENDOUS return policy.

I went in to a target with reciept from roughly a week before when i bought a 6 pack of hanes socks.

i got home and opened the bag realized i had crew socks in black ( im not a BMXer or punk rocker) so i wanted to return them and buy the no show black.

the lady that couldnt tie her own shoes due to a lack of brain power and surplus of stomach fat decides that i cannot exchange them. I ask why. she goes on to say, blah blah blah, you didnt buy them here, blah blah blah, we dont sell them here, blah blah blah you wore them, they are open...

i told her that i "got them as a gift and they are the incorrect type of sock. I realized after opening them"

long short of it i bought about 8 items that day all seperately. the largest cheap items i could. i.e. exercise balls, rugs, playschool slides, plastic pool, etc. then rolled over to the return area and made her refund them all and watched her slowly get madder and madder at the lack of room to move around her. i saved the largest items for last. she was mad and i was told to leave by the manager.

I did and went next door to wallyworld "the butt crack of the world" and returned the socks there. no reciept and they didnt blink.

if you have pampers take them to walmart and return them there.

2. Jan 22, 2012 at 8:43 AM
    markmatters

markmatters Viejon

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Yuma, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    i wear black crew socks because its cold and because my square toe station boots are high....oh and because I listen to emo.

and you're mean...poor girl. after all, shes just doing what they trained her to do..why did you lie to her? spmetimes telling them i threw away the receipt works for me...at wal mart usually...

3. Jan 22, 2012 at 9:38 AM
    MurphyZ

Member:
    First Name:
    I HATE SPICYTACOS
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner, 08 Tundy
    89 SAS 3.4 1st gen 4runner- Sold 3.4 swap cut hood for clearance exhaust x-over and magnaflow muffler lockright in the rear SAS 83 toy axle (Wab-Fab) 4xinnovations sliders roof rack from 2nd gen for kayak.
    It is an attitude thing. As a professional( insert name) you should be understanding. To give them the receipt and they can visually see the socks were never even put on... it is ridiculous. I may have gone overboard but that trip decided why I will never shop at target again.

Also the comment about black crew socks is just a joke. I just like no shows.

4. Jan 22, 2012 at 10:00 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    If you used a credit or debit card they can also swipe that to see purchases made at that store with that card. I've done that before without the receipt and had no problems. Just sounds like the people at the Target you went to are dicks.

5. Jan 22, 2012 at 10:25 AM
    MurphyZ

Member:
    First Name:
    I HATE SPICYTACOS
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner, 08 Tundy
    THIS FTW!

6. Jan 22, 2012 at 10:32 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    Company policy makes them come across that way. Like I said earlier ... Boycott them and tell your friends. Unfortunately that won't affect them much ... the sheeple will still go there. :(

7. Jan 22, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    I've had a similar poor experience. Fuck Target. I won't shop there.

8. Jan 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Winning.

9. Jan 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I can't say about their return policy but I like Target. Wally World is great about returns but I hate the isle's being blocked and employees pushing pallets through and act like you're supposed to jump out of the way. Don't have this at Target.

10. Jan 22, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Exactly what military aversion do they have??
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

What about shopping at Target makes me a "sheeple"?? They have better prices on what I buy there and I have never had any problems with making returns or getting what I want.

11. Jan 22, 2012 at 11:28 AM
    ruler1

ruler1 [OP] stump thumper

Member:
    palmetto fl
    Vehicle:
    97 2.7 4x4 5speed
    header, k&n intake, ome coils, springs and struts,diff drop, Urd simulator, dynomax exhaust, slotted roters, bpv relocater
    The stunt he suggested was crapping in one and wiping it on the counter. I did ask to purchase .10 cent diapers and he said I wasn't listening. I think they are taught to lie or cheat their customers as all three employees said different things and none are true. This story has gotten somE traction and there is a huge community of people that no longer shop at target. 40 bucks won't make or break me but I will continue to spread the word about target.

12. Jan 22, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    ruler1

ruler1 [OP] stump thumper

Member:
    palmetto fl
    Vehicle:
    97 2.7 4x4 5speed
    header, k&n intake, ome coils, springs and struts,diff drop, Urd simulator, dynomax exhaust, slotted roters, bpv relocater
    They were bought with the baby registry system. There is a price listed. They also show up in the computer and are still on the shelf.

13. Jan 22, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    F#%k target, Walmart all the way

14. Jan 22, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    2010Tacoma4x4

2010Tacoma4x4 "Man Ho"

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5
    Tinted windows, Bug deflector, Rain guards, Bed mat, Rear leaf TSB, Bilsteins front & rear (front set @ 1.75), 16x8 chrome Helo wheels, Toyo open country AT P265/75/R16 tires. CBI bolt on sliders. BSP color matched M1 Satoshi grill. BHLM. UWS low profile black powder coat crosover truckbox. Pioneer DVD/CD head unit - 4 channel amp - front mids & highs - 8" sub box.
    It must be the way some stores are managed. The local Target by me has been great to deal with. Just a couple of weeks ago I bought a small TV stand (assembly required), when I got it home and unpacked the box the glass shelves were broken. It was the last one they had so I took it back for a refund. The girl was very nice, apologized for my troubles and gave me a rufund without any hassle.

My suggestion to the OP.....
    I have been mistreated by businesses before. I don't let it bother me too much, instead I just move on and take my business elsewhere.

15. Jan 22, 2012 at 12:16 PM
    MurphyZ

Member:
    First Name:
    I HATE SPICYTACOS
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    97 4runner, 08 Tundy

4 years running the Squadron i am in has tried to get discounts on a formal level for a holiday party, etc. the last two years i have been in uniform with a signed letter and all documentation that targets website has asked for. nothing was given. I was told personally from a gereral manager that, "It was against policy to provide discounts to any organization to include the military. it would create a bias that Target would like to avoid."

meanwhile other corperations have and continue to give discounts/free stuff to the military for holiday parties etc... with the correct tax code(is that what you call it? for a non profit organization) and paperwork from the Military showing accountability of said assets being given ( in the case of donations and swag)

Products Discussed in

To Top