1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Please pray for my niece. Deadly auto accident. Critical condition

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by jspansel, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Oct 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM
    Steveoc

Steveoc Follow me....I'm right behind you..

Member:
    First Name:
    Steveo
    Milford, Utah
    Vehicle:
    08' TRD SPORT DC LB 4X4
    TruXport Tonneau cover,removed the charcole air filter, tailgate clamps,fixed the comp/temp,De- badged, De-Flapped, front leveling spacer, aal, K&N filter, blacked out grill,lower bumper, rear bumper, blacked out scoop, Tinted tail lites, tinted fog lites,black sleeved fog cubbies, blk limo tint, blue L.E.D's interior, Under hood L.E.D, rear view mirror lift,blacked out mirrors, Besttop, 20"led bar behind lower grill,
    Hey jay. Truly sorry to hear about this. My prayers are there. That highway is so dangerous. I used to live in Bend. I've seen people slide across into oncoming traffic a few times. The drunk driver needs to get what's coming to him! The law is for the lawless. Scumbag driver. Please keep us posted. My prayers are for you and the entire family. God bless you all. Steven

2. Oct 7, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    bryanbyers28

bryanbyers28 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Woodstock, GA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    WeatherTech floor liners LED Map, dome, and license plate lighting Home made console organizer 30" LED Light Bar in lower grill Toyota Bed Mat
    She is in my prayers!

3. Oct 7, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    97TacoNM

97TacoNM Riding a 97 Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    NM
    Vehicle:
    97 Taco LX 4x4 Ext Cab
    Rampage halogens Custom bed rack
    Best thoughts for her and everyone involved. Sounds like she is on the road to recovery. The young ones, as hard as it is to see them go through it, are pretty good at healing up and recovering. Us geezers (40+ lol) have the harder time trying to mend up after something that bad. Keep strong!

4. Oct 7, 2014 at 2:52 PM
    beachingtaco

beachingtaco "We have assumed control"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Long Island, new york
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB trd sport
    westin nerf bars, ARE in-channel visors, Wet Okole's, mobtown tailgate skin, Tail Gate theft mod
    Wow, how quickly life can change!...... Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!

5. Oct 7, 2014 at 3:34 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    Thoughts and prayers for Naomi and family.

6. Oct 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM
    Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab 3.4 4x4 TRD 5MT, 2004 DC 3.4 4x4 TRD
    Sending love and light to you and yours, her friends and her friends' families.

7. Oct 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
  8. Oct 7, 2014 at 8:12 PM
    emelianenkov

emelianenkov Santa/Alex Emeliahoweveryouspellhislastname

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    Thoughts and prayers to your Niece, other victims, and family. That is such a horrible thing to happen, and I'm dumbfounded that no one would have noticed how intoxicated that scumbag was.

I hope God watches over all the victims and leads them to a quick recovery.

Also, I hope that sack of shit rots in a cell. I HATE drunk drivers! There's absolutely NO excuse for that

9. Oct 8, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    Guerrilla

Guerrilla L(.)(.)K@G(.)(.)Dz

Member:
    First Name:
    D. Cooley
    Coast to Coast
    Vehicle:
    El' Black 13 DCSB 4x4
    Stuff
    :pray: bump, hope she's doing better today.

10. Oct 8, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    CMan

CMan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD OR Red
    I'm kinda late on seeing this, but my prayers and thoughts are with you all. So sorry to hear about this.

11. Oct 8, 2014 at 7:08 AM
    Guerrilla

Guerrilla L(.)(.)K@G(.)(.)Dz

Member:
    First Name:
    D. Cooley
    Coast to Coast
    Vehicle:
    El' Black 13 DCSB 4x4
    Stuff
    Who's the old guy that shows up in the little picture on the TW main page? I'd wanna put a pic of her so it shows.

12. Oct 8, 2014 at 7:23 AM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    When a link to a webpage is posted before a photo, many times a picture FROM that link ends up becoming the main picture for the thread.

OP, you can contact a mod, or you can put a picture of your niece at the beginning of your post and it should then show up as the primary photo. At least that is what I had to do once or twice.

13. Oct 8, 2014 at 7:24 AM
    Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 Subaru WRX
    I just noticed that her picture is now on the right of the home page right under the log out button.

14. Oct 8, 2014 at 9:14 AM
    jspansel

jspansel [OP] Just duct tape it

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Central OR
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 Xtra Cab Tacoma, 5 Speed, 4x4, Lifted
    5100s front at 2.5" with Moog replacement springs, 5100s in rear with 2" Wheeler's AAL
    Thanks everyone. Still doing good. Just a waiting game now for the clots and to see what they want to do with her lung.

15. Oct 8, 2014 at 9:50 AM
    2012tacolover

2012tacolover Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Norm
    CA/AL
    Vehicle:
    White PreRunner TRD Sport DCSB
    Tinted Windows, Black Nerf Bars, LED Dome & Map Lights, Snugtop Xtra-Vision, WeatherTech Digitalfit front and rear, trimmed Front Mud Flaps, BFG A/T KO's, Matt123 White Skid, Devil Horn Emblem Wet Okole front and rear seat covers! Future Stuff: Lift and new Wheels! :)
    Glad things are improving, sending prayers! God Bless!

16. Oct 8, 2014 at 9:52 AM
    HBtaco02

HBtaco02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    Huntington Beach
    Vehicle:
    02 4wd SR5 TRD
    ARB Front Locker grey wire mod Camburg UCA's Extended Kings All-Pro expo's 10" Bilstien Brute Force Hybrid front bumper Smitty XRC8
    X2 hope she keeps getting better.
    So sad for her and the others. Such an avoidable tragedy!!!!

17. Oct 8, 2014 at 11:56 AM
    Oregon TRD

Oregon TRD "GO DUCKS" Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Steel Panthers bathroom floor!
    Vehicle:
    2005 Mall Krawler
    6" Fabtech Lift, 35" Fierce M/T 17" Eagle Alloy Sim bead locks Naked girls in the bed 10.1" DVD head unit Two 7" Headrest Monitors PS2 in glove box
    My Thoughts and prayers for Naomi and and the family. :pray:

I heard this in the background on the news here in the valley but didn't get to really hear it. I just now read up on it and this thread.

Damn man!!!:( I've driven that road millions of times and I'm sorry this happened. :(

Keep us updated please.

18. Oct 8, 2014 at 1:00 PM
    jspansel

jspansel [OP] Just duct tape it

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Central OR
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 Xtra Cab Tacoma, 5 Speed, 4x4, Lifted
    5100s front at 2.5" with Moog replacement springs, 5100s in rear with 2" Wheeler's AAL
    I just want to clarify, seeing the home page link for this thread says she was "hit" by a drunk driver. That is not the case.

This was for a birthday party. They all rode together up to a kids pizza joint for a bday party for one of the kids. The guy driving was the father of my nieces friend (and assumed relationship to whoever party it was, since they were the ones who shuttled all the kids there and, most of the way back). He was the step father of the little girl that died.

There were 5 girls in his vehicle and him. There are reports the mother was near in another vehicle but we are not sure.

Apparently at this kids bday party, he got drunk. I do not know if any other adults were there or what went on. During the trip back to bring all the girls back to our town, he was witnessed driving erratic and then lost control. Killing his 7 year old step daughter, badly injuring his own 14 year old daughter (out of hospital now with some broken bones), critically injuring a 10 year old, and critically injuring my 14 year old niece Naomi. Another 7 year old was not injured.

He refused to go to the hospital as requested by the ambulance. He was not injured. They wanted his BAC. They finally got him to come. Then at the hospital at some point he tried to leave. They arrested him there.

This is worse than just a drunk driver, driving himself. He got trashed and let these 5 girls get in his vehicle and drove them. Whatever other adult that was there had to KNOW he was drunk and let HIM take all these girls in his vehicle. The girls were most likely playing games, etc to notice him drink so much, so they would not have questioned getting into a vehicle with an adult. As a kid you should NEVER have to question such a thing anyways. You have full faith that your lives are in their best interests. They were not that night.

Shame on whoever else was there that saw this take place and allowed this to happen. Shame on the mother who was there that let this happen. Shame on the pizza place for serving so much alcohol at a childs birthday party. This is not just a pizza place that they chose to hold a kids bday party at, this IS a kids pizza place. They have huge play area, games, etc.

I know this is weighing so heavily on my parents hearts allowing her to ride with this family instead of taking her and picking her up themselves. We should not have to worry of such things and expect adults to act like adults. :(

I have to drive this road every day for work. To and from, same road. I have to drive by where this little girl dies and where my niece almost lost her life which she is still clinging on to. Every day. I get tears in my eyes and my heart sinks to the floor every time. Then I fill with anger at this man... I try to think of something and not look.... I cannot.

This should never have happened.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  19. Oct 8, 2014 at 1:10 PM
    Oregon TRD

Oregon TRD "GO DUCKS" Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Steel Panthers bathroom floor!
    Vehicle:
    2005 Mall Krawler
    6" Fabtech Lift, 35" Fierce M/T 17" Eagle Alloy Sim bead locks Naked girls in the bed 10.1" DVD head unit Two 7" Headrest Monitors PS2 in glove box
    I feel for ya man. I'm tearing up thinking about it. :(:(:(

20. Oct 8, 2014 at 1:10 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Can't fault you for that bro. You definitely have a heavy load on your heart, we're here to help ease that weight when/if you need it.

To Top