1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Please say a Prayer for “Parker”

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by Tacomasaurus Rex, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Mar 20, 2022 at 9:25 PM
    Tacomasaurus Rex

Tacomasaurus Rex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    2003 Black Tacoma 4x4 TRD fully Automatic
    Nothing bad but just deja vu… Parker is headed back up to KC at 5 a.m. again for more doctor appointments… Praying for travel mercies and good news. Would’ve sent this sooner but just came in house when my mom called that she had been bitten by a bug. Lots of brown recluse around so I went to see. She had it in a container and luckily it wasn’t a brown. Still not sure what it is but I believe it’s a kissing bug.
    upload_2022-3-20_23-20-57.jpg

They bite really hard or that’s what mom said that it did. They spread a disease called Chaga. Hopefully she doesn’t get that. However the comparison between this bug and another similar bug left me wondering if it is or isn’t one. So it’s been a weird ending to a great day! Spent all weekend cleaning out my garage preparing for bad weather. Sadly Jeep and the Tacoma won’t fit in garage together…. Sorry Jeep!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
    wrightme43 likes this.
  2. Mar 21, 2022 at 9:54 AM
    Tacomasaurus Rex

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    Parker says thanks!

3. Mar 29, 2022 at 5:47 PM
    SouthFLTaco

SouthFLTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma OR 4x4
    Electric Lime Metallic
    I really appreciate it, as does my mother! I haven’t been able to get much time to come onto the forum… Today we got some good news when I went to visit mom and she was still connected to oxygen but she was off the ventilator! They had to do a tracheotomy last week, to connect the ventilator and give her more time on it. But it’s looking like she might be able to get weaned off of it (again). Praise Jesus!

That’s an amazing story, and it sounds to me like he went at just the right time to be with the Lord. Even the penitent thief crucified beside Jesus made a good decision at the end that resulted in his eternal happiness. Sounds like your father and mother raised you right too. I think sometimes the older generation is a little more private about their faith. I know that was a case with my mother, but now every time before I leave her room we enjoy praying together, it’s gotten us through a lot of tough times in my life.

Go Parker!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  4. Mar 29, 2022 at 6:05 PM
    Tacomasaurus Rex

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    Praise The Lord indeed! So many things seem important in life but only LOVE is! God is LOVE and WE need to show LOVE. At each and every opportunity! Not the perversion the world has turned that word into… but genuine LOVE for strangers, friends and enemies too! Make GOD, Jesus and the Holy Spirit super happy today. When God says how about my servant “ENTER YOUR NAME HERE”, He smiles and gives the thumbs up!
    upload_2022-3-29_20-4-40.jpg

Or WOMAN!
    However sadly we only know of one of those that died on the cross next to Jesus who entered Paradise. It’s possible up and until the last heartbeat of the remaining thieve that he repented and asked Jesus via prayer to forgive him of his sins. We should open the door Jesus is knocking on in our lives today not tomorrow but today! May God Bless you!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  5. Mar 29, 2022 at 6:25 PM
    Tacomasaurus Rex

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    Mikey how’s your Son doing? Parker is good! Glad your Mom is doing good Brian! Give her a kiss from all of us. I’d tell you to give your Boy a kiss Mikey but he might slug ya… so just give him a hug.

6. Mar 29, 2022 at 7:16 PM
    Tacomasaurus Rex

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    I have another sad story… My Cousin died at 33 and funeral was Sunday. Won’t mention her name but she was greatly loved by those in attendance. I’d like Prayers for the family and more for those in attendance. One girl practically brought me to tears as she described what my Cuz meant to her life. This girl was up front summoning all her strength to tell her story. How she came to the town and she went to class that day petrified! She obviously had it hard in life prior to that day. Anyway as she entered the classroom and made her way to the back my Cuz kicked out a chair and said sit by me! From that day on they were best friends. My Cuz was a bit of a Hippie but a Hippie that loved Jesus! I seemed to only see her at funerals but I was very impressed with her and wished to be more like her in zeal. She was an off the scale happy person! Anyway she made a big difference in her friends lives but I’m thinking had little luck introducing them to Jesus. Her friends were a wide range of people from Goth to Hippies to those with spouses, kids, careers, 401k’s and a mortgage. The girl I’m talking about had fangs… yup fangs. She definitely seemed sadly lost and an outcast even after high school. However she seemed to be a genuinely good person and I pray for her to find Jesus. Her other friends seemed angry and just wanted to be weird and recruit more to do the same. Fanged girl seemed to be different and her story was touching. Most kids don’t realize that the high school years will end! That you don’t have to dress like that and should put that look behind you after high school is in rear view mirror. Why? Because there is an after high school life ahead… dressing and looking like that just means you wish to continue your isolation and want to be looked at as odd. I honestly don’t think they are happy and when they come into contact with us are turned away. So as mentioned earlier love those who cross our paths because that may be the only love they ever experience. I gave her a hug and told thanks for telling her story and my cousins too. Sadly my Cousin was unmarried and left behind a 1 year old to be raised by Grandma and Grandpa. Pray for them also they will need the Prayers.

7. Mar 29, 2022 at 7:42 PM
    Pointeman

Pointeman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2013 Pyrite Mica Tacoma DCLB
    6" Fabtech Amp Research hydraulic steps Front Runner Cab Rack Leer 100xr topper w/rails 17” Black Rhino Warlords Dark Tint 295/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    I will add a praise report and request if you don’t mind. I spent 25 years as a bi-vocational ordained minister, until I felt God calling me into public education. It is truly a mission field that is desperately in need of his love and grace. 9 years ago I graduated with my second bachelors and stepped into the classroom. 5 years ago I completed my Masters and stepped into an assistant principal position. Today I was announced to the district as the new principal for an award winning elementary school. Gods hand was in this process and I am incredibly grateful for this gift of his provision and affirmed in his calling. I would ask that you keep me in your prayers as I walk these next steps out. God is good! Please know that I will pray for all of you as well.

8. Mar 29, 2022 at 7:50 PM
    SouthFLTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma OR 4x4
    Electric Lime Metallic
    Brian, thanks for sharing! I will definitely keep them all lifted up in prayer … as an aside, I always hate how it seems it often takes someone’s death to really learn about them, or to get groups of family and friends together. :/

9. Mar 29, 2022 at 7:52 PM
    SouthFLTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2023 Tacoma OR 4x4
    Electric Lime Metallic
    Congratulations Mark! That is wonderful news and I wish you lots of continued success and favor!

10. Mar 29, 2022 at 7:58 PM
    Pointeman

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    6" Fabtech Amp Research hydraulic steps Front Runner Cab Rack Leer 100xr topper w/rails 17” Black Rhino Warlords Dark Tint 295/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    Thank you. Finding his favor is the greatest gift of all. When you find that…everything else just seems to follow.

11. Mar 30, 2022 at 8:40 AM
    MikeyD.25

MikeyD.25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks for asking! My son is back to work, has been for a while now. See's the docs monthly and has to keep a record of BP, heart rate and pulse-ox readings. Glad to hear Parker is well, but sorry to learn about your cousin! Praised be Jesus! :amen:

12. Apr 7, 2022 at 10:05 AM
    Tacomasaurus Rex

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    Lindsey just called and Parker had a seizure. They called 911.

Hopefully she’ll be fine but it’s still best to Pray!

wrightme43 likes this.
  13. Apr 7, 2022 at 10:17 AM
    six5crèéd

six5crèéd Go fish.

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce, or Crèéd, neither is correct.
    Southern Virginia
    Prayers lifted up :pray:

14. Apr 7, 2022 at 12:57 PM
    Pointeman

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
  15. Apr 7, 2022 at 3:37 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Bump in the road. She’s good

16. Apr 7, 2022 at 7:35 PM
    MikeyD.25

MikeyD.25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lord Jesus, please look down on little Parker and heal all of her afflictions! Please allow her to stay with us until a ripe old age!

17. Apr 7, 2022 at 8:20 PM
    Tacomasaurus Rex

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    No new news… she’s fussy but that’s it for now. Thanks for the Prayers!

18. Apr 8, 2022 at 11:35 AM
    Tacomasaurus Rex

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    Rhinovirus is current culprit. Parker is still in Hospital and not feeling well. Daughter is in need of Prayer also it’s super rough on her when Parker is sick.

19. Apr 8, 2022 at 1:01 PM
    wrightme43

wrightme43 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Scottsville Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    17 Double Cab M/T TRD Offroad Blazing Blue Pearl
    Redline custom leather shift and e-brake boot. VFTUNE Super Full Otto cycle, octane learning, premium fuel.
    You got it.

20. Apr 8, 2022 at 2:44 PM
    Tacomasaurus Rex

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    Was Babysitting #2 Gboy today while wife went to hospital. Parker is coming home tonight! However this seems to be an ongoing thing. It’s to be expected that Parker will have issues but more worried about Daughter she isn’t able to handle all of this and it’s causing her to be sick. She’s a worrier and got that special skill from her mom. She’s doing her best but please continue to Pray for other issues to subside. Maybe Parker’s problems won’t be as devastating to her that way. I feel for her but there isn’t anything I can do that’ll take her fears away. I don’t mean it to sound bleak but some can’t handle problems very well. Especially the problems of their children. Please continue to Pray and for all here as well. Because lots of folks have Prayer concerns… and need help from above.

To Top