1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PLEASE SIGN THIS!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Przemekmsu, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Mar 13, 2012 at 7:41 AM
    rollin904

rollin904 Feather Slinger

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB 4x4
    This guy must have some nuggets provoking a mod lol..

2. Mar 13, 2012 at 8:34 AM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    We have similar issues on the West Coast with areas that have been traditionally open to the public and are now closed (Snowy Plover). Lawsuits are started by people on the basis of "habitat protection" and some access is restricted. Pretty soon, more restrictions are enacted and areas available to the public for recreation grow smaller. So "the sky is falling" claims really aren't all that far off-especially if you depend on the area to make a living and support a family.

You say there are better solutions to management than complete closure yet also say that leaving areas open leads to abuse and damage. So you're really arguing for closure by saying that folks will not do the right thing if left to their own devices. I would disagree with that-not entirely because there are always elements that spoil it for others.

From the environmentalist's perspective, the sky *is* falling because plover populations are in decline and from the resident's perspective, the sky *is* falling because their lively hood has been destroyed through the process of closure-whether ORV related or not.

Somewhere, there's a happy median. But neither side seems willing to explore it and to me, that is the real crisis.

3. Mar 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Introduced in February and currently in sub committees.
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr4094ih/pdf/BILLS-112hr4094ih.pdf

It's progress can be tracked here.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-4094

4. Mar 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Just to throw my opinion out there, because I can.:D Anyway, I consider myself a animal lover, I like animals more than most people. :p I am against animal abuse in anyway, thats the type of person I am with animals. But sometimes these animal activist go way too far, I signed this when the OP 1st put it up. I understand there has to be certain spot for animals to be protected. It just has to be that way, because some have ruined things for others. I'm not saying it's right, but I could even understand no vehicles on the beach, but to ban people all together, I find that insane. It's sad that things are pretty much decided on how much money is given to the one who makes the rules.

5. Mar 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Thanks for posting that.

I still believe both sides need to spend more time understanding the others position and work toward some compromise. Not just this specific instance but all of these issues.

6. Mar 13, 2012 at 12:56 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yes- I will argue for closures to some degree. I don't agree with complete closures of all areas to all traffic- and that is what is going on right now...so YES...Something needs to change...and both sides need to be involved.

I also don't agree with using the economic issues caused by the complete closures to advocate a pendulum swing to complete open access to ORVs. Is there a similar petition for pedestrian access??

7. Mar 13, 2012 at 1:02 PM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    Pedestrian access is a joke...you won't walk in shin high sand to the point and fish :cool: It just means closed.

8. Mar 13, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    Przemekmsu

Przemekmsu [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Przemek
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma, SR5 V6, 4x4 TRD Off Road
    K&N Air Filter, WickedFlow Exhaust muffler
    I hope we are doing as much singing as we are talking here. If you don't agree with the beach closings for our Tacomas then you should not be on this website at all. If someone from the West cost needed some help I would not ask 8 million question, I would just sign it because it seemed important to them. We have one thing in common here we all drive great trucks, so help us out here. All we are trying to do is open up the roads (beaches) for our Tacomas. Thank You!!!!!!!!

9. Mar 13, 2012 at 2:59 PM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Well, that is just silly. Our trucks should bind us in all things?

I don't agree with the beach closings to the public, but I also don't think that one should be able to drive their vehicles wherever they choose. You sir, can kiss my ass.

10. Mar 13, 2012 at 4:14 PM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    I've been actively involved in land access issues for a long time. Both working to preserve existing access and in seeking new access. I have supported access for mountain biking, motorcycles and four wheel drive as well as hiking.

While signing a petition is a good start, there are many other things you can and should be doing. Getting involved in local cleanups, writing letters to elected officials and to land managers. More importantly, you should make an attempt to understand what's at issue.

Not every land access issue is as simple as we'd like it to be. So if I ask questions, it's because I want to better understand the issue. As for asking for help, I have done that but I expect you to make up your own mind about whether or not you support the cause I am asking you to support.

11. Mar 13, 2012 at 4:20 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit

I should just sign it because you feel strongly about it??

I don't think so...There are lots of causes out there that want legal relief that I personally don't agree with- I'm not gunna support them either.

12. Mar 13, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    CSCHOL

CSCHOL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    W. Michigan
    Vehicle:
    ‘23 TRD OR
    Stocker
    well said 2x

13. Mar 13, 2012 at 7:48 PM
    Przemekmsu

Przemekmsu [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Przemek
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma, SR5 V6, 4x4 TRD Off Road
    K&N Air Filter, WickedFlow Exhaust muffler
    17,144 signatures!!!! Thanks to all that just read the petition and signed it!!!!!! Once again THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Mar 14, 2012 at 5:01 AM
    bethes

bethes Señorita Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Tulsa/Sand Springs, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Off Road
    I've already chimed in a couple times and don't have much to add. But the thing is, this area was entrusted to the NPS in the 1970s(?) and it's their job to preserve it. That means making rules that some people won't like.

There's a national park 15 miles from where I work. I'm a geologist, I would love nothing more than to head into the park with my rock hammer and sample bags. But guess what? It's against the rules because I'm not the only one who should be able to enjoy the park.

15. Mar 14, 2012 at 7:03 AM
    Graham

Graham Pay it Forward

Member:
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 TRD Black V6 6 speed manual
    FYI. You lose a tremendous amount of credibility when you resort to name calling in making your point.

16. Mar 14, 2012 at 7:32 AM
    brny67

brny67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Moyock NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport A/C
    I find threads like this and other mindless threads worthless when we have serious issue in the US and the rest of the world, than to have to worry about being able to walk/drive on a beach in OBX or the "souls of the animals" just sad that some people don't see the over all picture in life. I do wish u the best with your petition.

17. Mar 14, 2012 at 7:34 AM
    brny67

brny67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Moyock NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport A/C
    he did not call anybody a name, he just said he could kiss his arse...:D

18. Mar 14, 2012 at 8:10 AM
    Graham