1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Please

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jena, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Jan 11, 2019 at 7:03 AM
    Jena

Jena [OP] New Member

Member:
    All Over
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma, '93 Pickup
    I work in the West Texas oil field. I do spill response so I am looking at fluids on the ground, mostly. I have to park at least 40' away from the spill but see clearly enough to measure it, see what it is, etc. Most spills are like 50' to 100' across so I need to see a wide area.

I have been off-roading all my life, but the roads out here are absolutely the worst excuse for a county road I have ever seen....and I drive 100-200 miles a DAY on them. What I get, it must withstand extreme rattling, choking dust, raging rains and mud. These are tough conditions!

Truck is 2010 Tacoma base model with power NOTHING. 4 cyl 5 speed manual.

I bought this light bar:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071Z6MVFL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I figure I can put it behind the grill, but what else do I need as far as brackets, wiring, switch, etc? I've tried to read the threads but I have zero idea of what I am doing :/ Will enough light get through the grill to illuminate my work?

I also think I might buy another light for on top of my truck. What do I need for that?

Any better ideas?

Thanks!

2. Jan 11, 2019 at 10:44 AM
    Taylor@KC HiLiTES

Taylor@KC HiLiTES Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    See build thread
    Hey there, here's a couple of options for you from us at KC. They're more expensive than the bar you have, but well worth the price! The first option is a light bar the mounts directly in the lower bumper of your Tacoma, and includes everything you'd need from wiring, to switch, to mounting bracket, to hardware. The next one is a roof mounted light bar that also includes absolutely everything you'd need. We have designed both of these systems to include everything you need to make install as easy as possible!

http://www.kchilites.com/vehicle/to...mount-system-for-05-15-toyota-tacoma-344.html

http://www.kchilites.com/vehicle/to...a-overhead-c50-led-bar-bracket-kit-05-14.html

crashnburn80 likes this.
  3. Jan 12, 2019 at 11:24 AM
    madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    ZR2 Deepwood Green
    skidz, gears, tune, zeon 12-s
    A 42" bar on the roof helps when you are outside the truck, in the truck you have a lot a glare off the hood. A wireless remote to control the lights might be a good idea for your situation. They are low cost 25 buck on Amazon. Off Road lights are a case of you get what you pay for, the high end stuff puts out a shitton more light. The import bars may seem bright for most, I've had good luck with them.

To Top