1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PNW 2020 Summer BDR Run - WA

Discussion in 'North West' started by PacNW_Taco, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Jul 12, 2020 at 3:17 PM
    Tacodog

Tacodog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Renton, Wa.
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 TRD offroad DCSB Cement
    Icon stage 1, Icon upper control arms, 17” Fuel wheels,Ridge Grapplers, TRD exhaust, leather interior.
    I appreciate that.

2. Jul 12, 2020 at 3:19 PM
    Tacodog

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Renton, Wa.
    Vehicle:
    Icon stage 1, Icon upper control arms, 17” Fuel wheels,Ridge Grapplers, TRD exhaust, leather interior.
    Nate did you get a subscription for Gaia?

3. Jul 12, 2020 at 4:11 PM
    Shadowhunter

Shadowhunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Whats under the truck? OME 886’s Nitro Chargers 1/4” top plate spacers 1.5” Icon add-a-leaf for a total of 3” front and rear. 275/80/17 MTR’s SCS Ray10’ URD Stage 2 clutch Heavy Flywheel Clutch Masters Hydro Bering What’s on the front? Cbi bumper steel. Smittybilt X20 10k Under the hood? Ultimate headlight and fog light harnesses 100w/90w H4Headlights 9011 60wHir Fogs Anytime fog mod Northstar Group 34 14.7 Voltage booster Red Line hood struts K&N replacement filter on secondary air pump K&N air cleaner Donbison Snorkle In the cab? Wet Okie seat covers Petal Comander Meso Maps and Dome Molle panels on the consol Flyeyze Under the climate controls,glove box and center consol TRD Logo plates over door latches Weather Tech Floor mats with Custom TRD stickers Weather Tech Rain guards Weather Tech bug shield Full Head liner of patches On the bed? Snug-top Rebel Yakima racks Chinese knock off bat wing awning with walls Water Port Quick Fists Mount Bed Mat Anti theft tail gate bracket Trailer plug relocate Coms? Buofeng Navigation Garmin Alpha 100 ( Hound hunting GPS System) ECGS Bushing Cobra Rx75 Cb Home made sleeping platform with drawers. On the bench waiting to go in? 3* Cam Gears. Powder Coated Valve Covers Custom 3/4” intake spacer
    Yes, I’m gonna go the Apple Car Play route and put a mobile Ham in. There’s no sense in riding on everyone’s ass trying to stay tight and in radio contact. There’s enough of us now that know the tricky spots we could spread out so I don’t have to fix my A/C and keep my windows down and smell the fresh Mt.Air.

4. Jul 12, 2020 at 4:29 PM
    BLT2GO

BLT2GO Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 White Tacoma TRD TX
    So it looks like I will be doing sections 3 and 4 (Ellensburg to Cashmere then to Chelan) of the WABDR early this week. I have never done it, what suggestions do you folks have? We will be doing solo in our pretty much stock TRD TX. also we are probably going to try to overnight near Leavenworth/Plain...

5. Jul 12, 2020 at 5:45 PM
    PacNW_Taco

PacNW_Taco [OP] Get lost.

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black DCSB OR
    Peachy Peach air fesheners
    Make sure all your undercarriage nuts and bolts are tight. Bring bug spray and a warm sleeping bag. My 40 degree bag didn’t cut it. Keep your lights on while on the trail, and pull over for bikes if you can. Lots of places along the BDR you can camp for free. Just can’t have any campfires :(

Take your time. It’s beautiful out there!

ready6delta, Shadowhunter and Tacodog like this.
  6. Jul 12, 2020 at 8:26 PM
    MundaneFace

MundaneFace Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    It was so nice to meet everyone and what a great group to experience the BDR with! Huge kudos to @SaphiraTaco for keeping us on the trail and @WrecklessAbandon for plotting the intercept & departure points each day.

If anyone wants to hit other sections, I've been talking with the wifey about hitting section 3 at Blewitt Pass and working down to Bethel Ridge area over Labor Day weekend. Tenatively looking to start that Friday afternoon @ Blewitt!

Also, @Shadowhunter - if you need help with HAM, don't hesitate to reach out! The offer stands for you too, @Flash_Adalwolf, if you want to check your antenna with my SWR meter.

7. Jul 12, 2020 at 8:39 PM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Whats under the truck? OME 886’s Nitro Chargers 1/4” top plate spacers 1.5” Icon add-a-leaf for a total of 3” front and rear. 275/80/17 MTR’s SCS Ray10’ URD Stage 2 clutch Heavy Flywheel Clutch Masters Hydro Bering What’s on the front? Cbi bumper steel. Smittybilt X20 10k Under the hood? Ultimate headlight and fog light harnesses 100w/90w H4Headlights 9011 60wHir Fogs Anytime fog mod Northstar Group 34 14.7 Voltage booster Red Line hood struts K&N replacement filter on secondary air pump K&N air cleaner Donbison Snorkle In the cab? Wet Okie seat covers Petal Comander Meso Maps and Dome Molle panels on the consol Flyeyze Under the climate controls,glove box and center consol TRD Logo plates over door latches Weather Tech Floor mats with Custom TRD stickers Weather Tech Rain guards Weather Tech bug shield Full Head liner of patches On the bed? Snug-top Rebel Yakima racks Chinese knock off bat wing awning with walls Water Port Quick Fists Mount Bed Mat Anti theft tail gate bracket Trailer plug relocate Coms? Buofeng Navigation Garmin Alpha 100 ( Hound hunting GPS System) ECGS Bushing Cobra Rx75 Cb Home made sleeping platform with drawers. On the bench waiting to go in? 3* Cam Gears. Powder Coated Valve Covers Custom 3/4” intake spacer
    What’s you opinion on the Weboost? All the YouTube videos are of people who got them for free to give a review... of course they are gonna say great things. You run around the same stuff I do and was wondering if it’s worth the dough.

8. Jul 12, 2020 at 8:46 PM
    MundaneFace

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    I just started looking at it right before the trip... I heard it's a power hog @ like, 20A draw or something IIRC? Maybe less, but I remember I saw the consumption and it seemed really high.

There were some folks near my site on Monday night that had it on their van, and I was going to ask them, but they seemed kinda snooty and not wanting to talk. Plus, I was busy throwing flies on the Yakima :)

It probably depends on what you are wanting to use it for... In my case, I'm looking at ways to increase my ability to work from remote places. If I need to text, I have an inReach already and it works really well - or I can use APRS to send through SMSGTE :)

https://smsgte.org/

ready6delta and Shadowhunter like this.
  9. Jul 12, 2020 at 8:49 PM
    MundaneFace

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    Correction: 4.5a on the WeBoost Reach. It's not as bad as I recall, but still enough to definitely plan around if using for extended periods.

Shadowhunter likes this.
  10. Jul 31, 2020 at 6:34 PM
    ready6delta

ready6delta REGULAR GUY

Member:
    First Name:
    JACOB
    Finally back in the PNW! Lake Stevens/ Olympia
    Vehicle:
    Black pinstriped 2014 DCSB 4x4 TRD SPORT
    IT NEVER ENDS..........
    Man i hate that i missed this trip but had to get the family back from DC so that trip was pretty fun as well. Definitely want to get back out with you guys and hit the WABDR soon though. Wife should have the runner as well and some new beefy tires so cold be a maiden voyage.

11. Jul 31, 2020 at 7:34 PM
    Tacodog

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Renton, Wa.
    Vehicle:
    Any trips planned for Labor Day weekend?

12. Jul 31, 2020 at 7:47 PM
    enil01

enil01 I like Spam

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    '01 SR5 Xtra cab 4x4
    Stuff and such
    I was thinking about doing 5 and 6 on the bike around then if I can jump in with you. I did 1-4 solo last summer with an almost healed broken thumb, and found out it wasn't almost healed enough coming down into Chelan.

Tacodog[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Jul 31, 2020 at 10:50 PM
    MundaneFace

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    I could probably be talked into section 4-5...

14. Jul 31, 2020 at 11:23 PM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    I will probably be down to go. I’ve been building like crazy patching up the holes in my game to hit it again. 9/1 is opening day of archery deer and if work is slow I’ll take the week off and be somewhere on the east side anyways.

15. Sep 8, 2020 at 2:54 PM
    Serenity Driver

Serenity Driver Member

Member:
    I have a stock 2016 TRD Sport with the OEM tires. Is there a segment that anyone suggests that I would be able to do without upgrades?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  16. Sep 8, 2020 at 2:59 PM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Section one all day long. It’s basically a two lane dirt road.

17. Sep 8, 2020 at 3:04 PM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    The section over Cooper Mt is pretty easy too, bumpy, runs a pretty sweet ridge line. Section one could probably be done in a Honda car that’s lowered. Cooper Mt you would be glad you drive a truck and have way more fun.

Serenity Driver likes this.
  18. Sep 8, 2020 at 3:08 PM
    Flash_Adalwolf

Flash_Adalwolf cougar valley WA

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Marysville, WA
    CBI Rock Sliders, BAMF custom Grill, Fuel Vector wheels, switch-pro 9100,, prinsu roof rack caliraised LED 40" light bar and ditch lights, meso red LED map and dome light
    Basically all of it if your smart about the few difficult parts which you just need spotters for

19. Sep 8, 2020 at 3:13 PM
    Serenity Driver

Serenity Driver Member

Member:
    Thanks. Easy to get there from Oly.

20. Sep 8, 2020 at 3:15 PM
    Serenity Driver

Serenity Driver Member

Member:
    Good to know, thanks. I have a friend with an upgraded TRD that would be good to go.

Products Discussed in

To Top