1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Police running radar infront ofapartment complex?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Khaos, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 1, 2012 at 5:57 AM
    TacoTabe

TacoTabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Northeast PA
    Vehicle:
    '93 pickup
    First off, I highly doubt that he is stopping people for 36 in a 35. I doubt it because in our lovely state, the threshold for a speeding violation is 6mph over the limit. So if he "launches out of the complex as if he’s chasing the most dangerous felon ever"- he's going through an awful lot of trouble to issue a warning. Furthermore, if the conditions of the road were safe enough, he would probably not get on his bike at all, he'd just step out into the road and direct people to pull over.

That stuff aside:

I suggest that you go down there one morning while he is there and politely explain to him that he is disturbing your sleep. You could bring him a bottle of water of a cup of coffee (he might not accept it, but he'll appreciate the gesture). The officer is not going bite you for talking to him about it- just be courteous and respectful about it.

2. Feb 1, 2012 at 5:59 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I would try this first. Be nice about it and maybe he doesn't move but will stop revving the engine when he's stopped and maybe cut back on the siren use.

:der:

3. Feb 1, 2012 at 6:13 AM
    friction

friction Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4X4 RC SR5
    Just noticed this...oh the irony.

4. Feb 1, 2012 at 6:37 AM
    megillet

megillet Resident Badass

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB MGM 6sp
    I suggest filing a complaint with his office. If it continues, 'accidentally drop' a couple handfuls of nails right where he sits every day until they can't afford to replace his tires.

5. Feb 1, 2012 at 8:09 AM
    elicitone

elicitone Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario
    From an LEO perspective....

He is probably there because his SGT told him to be. Most likely in response to a civilian complaint. So it isn't his fault. Not sure what it's like in your town but up here our service is deathly afraid of pissing off anyone. So a quick two minute phone call to the station should solve your problem

Be nice, just let them know how much you appreciate the effort to make your community safer. Then possibly suggest an alternative spot for him to position himself. Maybe drop in there how you also believe that traffic enforcement is the grass roots to crime prevention by being a visual deterrent. And also tell them how much safer you feel knowing that he is frequently in the area.

Certain words will get you much further. You will see and hear the above words in almost anything put out from any police service. They are there to serve the community not disturb it. Remember you and the other residents are voters and tax payers, two groups that directly control their budgets. I would suggest not using the I pay your salary tactic. lol

If my SGT got this call, he would be on the radio to the traffic officer within the hour. The copper doesn't care where he sits, a ticket is a ticket.

Like your mom probably says... More fly's with honey.......

6. Feb 1, 2012 at 8:14 AM
    4wd Boss

4wd Boss Shake and Bake

Member:
    First Name:
    Jefferson
    Big D
    Vehicle:
    16 Quiksand TRD Offroad
    Fog Light Mod, Pro Grille, raptor lights, 1.25 spacers, RC coilovers
    I really hate when ppl do this ↑↑:mad:

7. Feb 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit

Yeah..Because wasting your own tax dollars makes a lot of sense....And will SURELY not backfire.

My 1/2 penny-A call the to station is the best route. Approaching cops like that can either work out great or really really bad. Call the station and let them know it's a bit bothersome and there are better options. Go from there.

8. Feb 1, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    Dutchman

Dutchman Active Member

Member:
    Up North
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7 5sp SC 4X4
    Wow - something very similar happened near a pals house a while back.
    Policeman on a motorcycle in the same place with a laser - 2-3 time a week.
    Someone poured something on his usual spot and while attempting to launch after a speeding car he went sliding down the road.
    He said after that the police never came back to that spot again.

9. Feb 1, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Thats a great idea! :rolleyes:
    Those same people bitch when they call the cops and they are not there right away.

10. Feb 1, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    Khaos

Khaos [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    I appreciate all the input. I have been hesitant to say something for the obvious reasons. Either he's cool and understands my point of view, or I've pissed off a cop and have a massive target on my head, while driving a rather recognizable vehicle.

I personally think that just having the road patrolled more would be a better speeding deterent. Where he currently parks is almost impossible to see while driving down the road, so he's literally having his pick of whoevers speeding. Or having a patrol car sitting out in the open, we all know how everyone suddenly becomes the perfect driver when they see the police. Also, increased presence at night would be far more useful than speeding traps during the day, as thats when all the stupid drunk kids start their shenanigans wreckless driving.

And to those who suggested I drop nails or oil where he parks or crap like that, hell no. I don't want to be woken by his bike, but I damn sure dont want this guy ending up hurt or anything along those lines. I'd rather get woken up by a revving motorcyle than for this guy to take a spill and possibly get killed...

11. Feb 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    Khaos

Khaos [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Citizens Arrest!

12. Feb 1, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    speedydave

speedydave Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Hickory, Nc
    Vehicle:
    Mustang GT
    Rent a sign, and put this on it! It will work itself out.

cops-hide.jpg

13. Feb 1, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    Front sight

Front sight Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Full OME 3"lift, LR UCA's,Destination 285/70/17's, 1.25 spidertrax, K&N drop in, 2nd filter removed, Weathertech liners, Toyota bed mat, reverse lights,Wet Oklee's, bedlights and other small stuff.
    Man up and respectfully ask him if he could set up farther down the rd. As cops we all find our own "honey holes" that we know will produce tickets. I gave out six yesterday in the same school zone I always sit it. I sit in the paved median and I get plenty of people. I only budge if they are 12 over or more.

Most cops value sleep, I'm sure the guy will understand.

14. Feb 27, 2012 at 1:58 AM
    lil J

lil J Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacen
    Louisville
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma 4wd V6 Horizon Blue
    Old Man Emu Suspension
    HaHa can't help but laugh I remember how before you were defending cops talking about how great they are, now you're bitching about one. What a pussy

15. Feb 27, 2012 at 2:56 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    From my neck of the woods cops are revenue generators, writing speeding tickets has become a cash cow. I respect the law but they need to do more than sit and wait for speeders.

16. Feb 27, 2012 at 4:33 AM
    bethes

bethes Señorita Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Tulsa/Sand Springs, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Off Road
    I think you should buy him a big box of doughnuts :D

Seriously, I vote talk to him, he's probably being more thoughtless than malicious.

Thanks, Mr. Ed. That was an enjoyable way to start the morning. I always like a good chuckle with my coffee.

17. Feb 27, 2012 at 4:45 AM
    newertoy

newertoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    East Tn
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 extra cab
    2" lift AAL and Bilstiens-front-rear,front diff drop. main drive drop
    DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE.
    I get PISSED-TOO-Voice your opinion.
    You are NOT the only one that is UPSET.
    Get people to vote also.
    If we still have the current pres. next term-I am going to work for FREE.
    NONE of my tax dollars will be THROWN away. As iI feel many of them are now.
    With being self employed-- I pay much more tax--
    Not going to ask for government hand out either.

18. Feb 27, 2012 at 4:50 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I met you before the fall of Rome
    And I begged you to let me take you home
    You were wrong, I was right
    You said goodbye, I said goodnight

It's all been done
    It's all been done
    It's all been done before
    ~Barenaked Ladies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top