1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Political mentality

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by DanGer, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:03 AM
    DanGer

DanGer [OP] Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    I DID NOT intend to make another political thread, but I am sickened by the fact that ever since the election I have had to go around caampus seeing graffiti of obama face, symbols, trademarks, etc spray painted all over campus sidewalks and buildings. This was the one thing I hated being at college for the elections. The conservatives went around seeming like they were above everything and the liberals went around like Obama was an absolute Rockstar

2. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:13 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    I am annoyed by this as well.
    Obama is not the savior. I voted for him knowing that the next four years would be rough. Not a miracle.

3. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:18 AM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    THANK YOU. See if majority of the college students had that mentality than I would not have been annoyed. But to stand outside every building for months leading up to the election and spray painting our BEAUTIFUL campus just got to me.

4. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:19 AM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    From 2000-2006 the far right had the power, now the far left has it. Maybe someday the majority of Americans will be represented in Washington, those of us that are somewhere in between.

5. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:21 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    You really consider W to be the far right? :confused:

He was more of a moderate... including the senators and congressman that held the majority...

6. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    I didn't make this thread about my feelings about who is in washington or anytihng. Its just...I wish i had pictures of the shit they did to our campus

7. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:24 AM
    NAAC3TACO

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    As a social conservative he was far right, but as far as everything else, you are correct. Bush was a lot closer to the middle than Obama is. JMO.

8. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:28 AM
    NAAC3TACO

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Sorry about hijacking the thread. You are right about the graffiti, but at least people were passionate about the election. I for one am glad that people showed up to vote and that Americans care about elections again. They do need to leave the spray paint at home though.:)

9. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:40 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    +1 to that. Most active campaign/election ever with TONS of emotion on all sides- Makes for bad decisions.

Seems like it's effected lots of things- Friendships, families, work.

All of the forums I've been on were nothing but back and forth bickering before the election. Now it's all posts about how great/bad he is...no one wants to talk about where the middle is. It's too bad that such a strong polarizing effect came from this election.

10. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    I was thinking about this the other day just in general terms. Regardless of what side you sit on, you can't deny that the system still works. There are many countries around the world- European ones included- that basically elect the same exact person over and over again. Yet here in the US, we went from having a person who most consider to be an extremely conservative President ( not sure if I agree with this) whom had to made some really difficult and often unpopular decisions to a person who many consider to be an extremely liberal president ( not sure if I agree with that statement either), and to top it off, he isn't white and strictly protestant. That the pendulum can swing both ways shows that the system setup over 200 years ago, where people can elect who they want and that person can be 360 degrees different from the previous president shows that democracy works here.

Sure- there's loads of conservatives that hate his guts. There was also an equally large group of liberals who hated Bush. It just comes to prove that if you don't like the current President, then the pendulum will swing back the other way sooner than later and you will get your way once again.

Lastly in regards to the OP's post, I too don't necessarily agree that presidents should be turned into icons. They have a job to do, which is running the country. Sure- its a good thing to show appreciation and approval- or disapproval. But there's a difference between this and making someone iconic.

11. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual

Which Is why I didnt make this with any political agenda. IT just got to me this morning when i was walking to class and had to step on a Big spray painted O on the sidewalk and stairs so I felt a little rank

Products Discussed in

To Top