1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Poll: Am i parked illegally?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by mmadej87, Jan 24, 2011.

?

Am I parked illegally?

1. Yes, you are parked illegaly, just pay the ticket

57 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. No, you are parked legally, stick it to the man and fight it!

70 vote(s)
    39.8%
  3. No clue

49 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. Jan 24, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    Well, I did say 90% since I wasn't there to survey the rest of the area. Did the other cars have a permit, such as tenants? Did they arrive after you?

You might just be the vehicle they decided to snipe I guess?

2. Jan 24, 2011 at 3:33 PM
    mmadej87

mmadej87 [OP] Mayday

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NMB, FL
    Vehicle:
    98 Xcab Prerunner
    nope, no residencies within the area, the entire street is bars/restaurants/businesses..

3. Jan 24, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    :notsure:

Just pay it...its not a moving violation so it won't go on your record or make your insurance go up

4. Jan 24, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    :notsure:

Just pay it...it not a moving violation so it won't go on your record or make your insurance go up

5. Jan 24, 2011 at 3:37 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    Well, if you do have the time to do it, then go to court. I don't think a not guilty plea will hold up (I tend to be pessimistic anyway), but you can at least do no contest and ask for an explanation based on the information you have so you can educate yourself.

EDIT: don't write a letter. That is just going to go straight to the trash.

6. Jan 24, 2011 at 4:19 PM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    the signs were facing the car head-on. That means that is TWO spots. Think of it as a meter parking spot. The meter is at the front of the car, so two signs=two parking spaces. If the signs were parallel with the street, they would need arrows or curb markings. Plus, they were mounted low and on the sidewalks. Thats another give away to me that means there are two parking spaces allotted.

I work in the city of chicago and have learned to read the entire block for parking signs. They have 1-2 days of the week that you cant park between xx:xx- xx:xx for street cleaning, snow plow, no parking at 4pm-5pm, etc etc.

In your case, theres no way it was the whole block since it was two tiny signs and not mounted high on a light pole. that car in front probably showed up after the cop cause he should have gotten a ticket too.

7. Jan 24, 2011 at 4:25 PM
    BenWA

BenWA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston burbs
    Vehicle:
    '06 Double Cab TRD Off Road 4X4
    You are parked in a 3 minute loading zone spot (these annoying spots are common in Seattle), as indicated by the sign in front of your truck. The car parked in front of you is also parked in another separate 3 minute loading zone spot. It is impossible to tell from the photos whether or not you were in violation, because the missing component that is not shown in the photos is time.

Were you there longer than 3 minutes? If so, you were in violation of the posted sign.

Some 3 minute spots in Seattle have white painted curb, some do not. Go by the sign, not the curb. Yes, those 3 minute spots are retarded. Who parks anywhere for less than 3 minutes?

8. Jan 24, 2011 at 4:31 PM
    mmadej87

mmadej87 [OP] Mayday

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NMB, FL
    Vehicle:
    98 Xcab Prerunner
    i understand now...i guess this method would make more sense if they used parking meters, instead of the print out time tickets that go on the window..

ill just pay the ticket then

9. Jan 24, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    they got rid of all the meters here in the city and put those stupid boxes up too. We are up to $5/hr parking in some spots. don't feel so bad. I'm so glad I don't live in the city.

10. Jan 24, 2011 at 5:10 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Who cares about the ticket , who are those dames ?

11. Jan 24, 2011 at 5:19 PM
    chopper

chopper ky taco

Member:
    First Name:
    chop
    stanton,kentucky
    Vehicle:
    05 taco reg cab 4x4
    dura tracs, debadged, weathertech floormats, removed mudflaps,black paint wheels,k&n air intake.
    you are lucky they didnt tow it too! if it was here we would have towed it off plus the ticket. so 130 on tow plus 45 dollar ticket.

12. Jan 24, 2011 at 5:22 PM
    mmadej87

mmadej87 [OP] Mayday

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NMB, FL
    Vehicle:
    98 Xcab Prerunner
    haha, one is my wife (hidden by the tree) and the other 2 are her friends, they came from florida to visit us for the weekend. :spy:

13. Jan 24, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    It appears that you could read the sign from inside your truck while parked in your parking spot. Usually if the parking zone is between signs, there will be a "begin" and "end" sign posted also. I think you are parked illegally.

If you chose to fight it, I don't really think pictures are going to mean anything to a judge. The cop can always say the pictures are not of your actual parking job and the cop's word will stand up in court. Not saying all cops would do that, but there are jerks in all walks of life. Didn't notice if your age is listed on your avatar but if you're a twenty something, that's not gonna help you in court either. Fact of life, sorry. Sucks that it is costing you money, but it won't take long to spend more than 42 dollars worth of your time fighting it.

I would pay the money and try to forget and go on with life.

14. Jan 24, 2011 at 5:28 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    High five :D

15. Jan 24, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    Nate7747

Nate7747 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Sport
    3" rough country lift, Black emblems, blacked out headlights, custom grill with grillcraft mesh grill and a FJ TOYOTA emblem, 130 watt KC off-road lights behind the grill, aFe CAI, Flowmaster 44 cat back dual exhaust, Pioneer 60wt amp, 10" sub, component speakers, and 7" touchscreen head unit, N-Fab steps coated with Rhino liner, studded 265/65R17 Hakka SUV tires for winter driving, new summer tires and wheels to come. Weather Tech floor mats.
    It’s a weird situation, the sign clearly says it’s a loading zone, but it does not say exactly there the zone is, most places will say from this point to this point, or have a painted line. It’s a little vague if you ask me, but just pay it, it’s not worth the hassle of trying to fight it. I used to be a cop years ago and I would not have wasted my time on writing this ticket.

16. Jan 24, 2011 at 6:44 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    No time to read all posts but it looks to me that each sign is for its own dedicated spot. IF those signs read "loading zone between these signs" you go fight it. If they are positioned like meters are-that is one per spot-you're stuck-the ticket was justified.

17. Jan 24, 2011 at 6:47 PM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    if a parking meter is infront of you does that mean you dont pay it?

18. Jan 24, 2011 at 6:50 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    I agree , it seems like they replaced 2 meters with the signs

19. Jan 24, 2011 at 6:54 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    i got a similar bs ticket like that last week. call the number on the ticket. i sent an email to the parking tic people at the courthouse with pics of my truck showing exactly where it was (like you've done), they removed it. $40 saved!

20. Jan 24, 2011 at 6:56 PM
    dfenter84

dfenter84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Alamogordo, NM
    Vehicle:
    08 taco TRD stock
    Hey man, I say go fight it. If the cop doesn't show you don't pay shit, and that gives you the chance to play dumb and show the pics to the judge and ask what you did wrong. I seriously doubt the cop took pics, so if you were in the right it's the cops word against your pics (if the cop even shows up)

Products Discussed in

To Top