1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Poll: Barefooters?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 12Tac, Feb 24, 2013.

?

Poll: Barefooters

Poll closed Mar 26, 2013.
  1. Yes, I do as often as I can

38 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. No, No way...its just gross.

62 vote(s)
    62.0%
  1. Feb 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    Not quite barefoot, but close...

I wear VFF about 80% of the time (the other 20% being when it is raining and when it is winter with snow on the ground). One of the best "shoes" ever invented, hands down.

IMG_0210.jpg

2. Feb 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    SteelCityPickle

SteelCityPickle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    The Burgh
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD Sport V6-6spd
    Extang Tri-Fecta Tonneau Cover
    If you have a chance, you should try the Merrell Barefoot trail running shoes. Sierratradingpost.com has several pair at good prices (after coupons).

I wear the Merrells daily... you can wear them with socks, and can be taken on/off pretty quickly (I'm in and out of customers homes all the time). VFFs are worn in the Spring, Summer and Fall more for recreational use.

3. Feb 25, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    brettb

brettb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    '99 Tacoma
    X2. When people say 'we were'nt meant to do blah blah'.... ummm I'm sure if they had the resources we had now, they prolly would! If we aren't meant to have shoes then we aren't meant to have trucks, houses running water ect ect. Thats just my opinion. I personally want to use the resources I'm provided with. And im a puss about my feet. I have a very high arch leading to a foot being an inch shorter then the other so 5 fingers are out of the question. I love shoes for anything honestly.

4. Feb 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    Redfox1

Redfox1 'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Santa Paula, CA and SLO
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Sport TRD
    Browning Floor Mats, 275/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A's, Procomp 7089 wheels,Rear Spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's, LED roof light, seatbelt chime disabled, CB, UWS Toolbox,
    Where are you? On the moon?:confused:

Either that or some large reptile exhibit...

5. Feb 25, 2013 at 3:27 PM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    I go barefeet whenever I can - all weekend and evenings at home and outside in the yard. When I was in elementary and middle school we did not have to wear shoes to school - I only wore shoes in the winter and to church on Sundays.
    Almost all our stores here have signs that say "shoes and shirt required", so I wear flip-flops or Tevas most of the time, even in the winter because I am in Florida and I can!:cool:
    Have to wear shoes at work though.:mad:

6. Feb 25, 2013 at 3:29 PM
    BMOC

BMOC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paden
    Phoenix, AZ
    the moon is gray.

he's on mars.

7. Feb 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    I live in Columbia (form fitting) flip flops as long as it is not freezing ... and go barefoot around house but not on the road ... and wear shorts almost everyday ... even a cold temps in the south.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  8. Feb 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    Redfox1

Redfox1 'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Santa Paula, CA and SLO
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Sport TRD
    Browning Floor Mats, 275/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A's, Procomp 7089 wheels,Rear Spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's, LED roof light, seatbelt chime disabled, CB, UWS Toolbox,
    :anonymous: swear I meant that

9. Feb 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
  10. Feb 26, 2013 at 1:08 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    Already have em:cool: I like them, but I think my NB MT10s are more flexible, and more comfortable, especially to work in for long periods of time. Not sure why, but for some reason just on my trail gloves on the outside of my left foot sometimes hurts when I take a step, its like the outside of my foot is rolling off of the sole and can be pretty uncomfortable. Like I said, not sure why it's just with my merrels, but it feels like my foot is falling off of a platform and causes some drastic pressure spots.

Right on! Nice!
    Pretty close actually, I went to the moon and visited some astronauts next.

IMG_0207.jpg

Its actually the space learning center in salt lake, they had different landscapes of the moon and mars and thought they were cool.

11. Feb 26, 2013 at 3:18 AM
    blake5995

blake5995 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Truckee, CA
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 4x4 2.7L
    I have a friend that is bare foot all the time, even in 100+ degree tempatures on the pavement he is crazy. i would never be able to do it my feet are super sensitive and work requires me to wear steal toe boots.

12. Feb 26, 2013 at 3:19 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Barefoot as often as it is reasonable to do so...................used to be all the time. Used to skateboard barefoot way back in the pioneer days. Probably went a few summers without shoes at all back in the hippie days of last century, lol.

13. Feb 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    SteelCityPickle

SteelCityPickle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    The Burgh
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD Sport V6-6spd
    Extang Tri-Fecta Tonneau Cover
    Hmm, wonder if you got a defective pair?

Not all of the Merrells are the same. Some of them have a wider toe box than others. I have a pair of the GoreTex Merrells that aren't nearly as comfortable as the others... not as flexible and smaller toe box.

I tried on the NB minimalist shoes and thought the toe box was just a touch too small for me.

To each their own.

14. Feb 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5Lug, 2015 PreRunner
    Stonewall is the fattest 5 lug slug ever
    I'm barefoot whenever I can be- just not at work. With my luck, I'd step on a nail or something. And a hot roof would melt my feet off. So not at work, but everywhere else I can get away with it, I do it. I like to feel the mud between my toes. :)

15. Feb 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    I wear vibram 5 fingers a decent amount in the summer, and when I am not on concrete or what not and have no need to protect my feet, I will go barefoot. I never had shoes at the beach, and a lot of times when i am hanging out around my house. If I don't know the area, I wear my vibrams if I can get away with it, if not, tennis shoes a,d steel toe at work

Products Discussed in

To Top