1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Poll:Do you guys think that aftermarket "decks" are cool looking?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by PWhite13, Jan 28, 2011.

?

Are aftermarket stereo decks ugly or cool looking?

1. They look cool and add function.

514 vote(s)
    64.2%
  2. Ehh, I guess they add function but look wierd.

218 vote(s)
    27.2%
  3. They are ugly and I would not have one.

69 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. Mar 16, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    Cogge89

Cogge89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Saint John, NB
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, Kicker ZX400.1 Amp, Kicker CVT 10" Sub. Light Racing UCAs, Front OME Shocks with 885x Coils, Rear OME Shocks with Dakar Leaf Pack, Engine Cover Paint Job, 265/70/17 Duratracs.
    I like the double dins myself.. as you can see.

[​IMG]

My dash kit appears different than the others. Mine is smooth like the silver around the vents, instead of textured.

2. Mar 16, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    I like that, looks similar to an Alpine im interested in.

3. Mar 17, 2011 at 8:52 AM
    Tidrow

Tidrow Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    PreRunnin' 08
    BHLM, All Black grill, Fog light Mod, AFE pro dry, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Kenwood deck, Bridgestone AT Revo 2
    this is the best, besides the one i have :cool:

[​IMG]

4. Mar 17, 2011 at 9:08 AM
    woodygg

woodygg Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Tacoma 4x4
    pandora is nice in that it's convenient. however, if you're tearing out your equipment to put in a really nice system, i'm not sure why you'd listen to such a poor quality source.

5. Mar 17, 2011 at 9:11 AM
    Brainless

Brainless Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Moses Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Off-Road 6sp manual
  6. Mar 17, 2011 at 1:31 PM
    TacoJJ

TacoJJ Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Blacked out front grill,tinted windows,Crazy Sound-system, Fog-Light Mod, Smoked Tail lights, De-badged except for "Tacoma" emblems, which are blacked out, WeatherTech floormats and a shorter antenna..........for now.
    Double din touch-screens rule! FTW!!:D

7. Mar 17, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    Kingfrog

Kingfrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail Edition
    Undercover,Pop n Lock, Hardwired GPS, Garage door opener , Scanguage II, wireless back up camera, X994 Basslink, ...Prefer stock and non invasive functional mods
    Dropped the truck off today to get my X994 (Amazon $183) installed with the Axxess SWI kit and black Scoshe kit.....having them wire a hot and ground with RCA sub outs to the rear for powered sub.

Next up...powered Sub...Bazooka, Boss, MTX?

8. Mar 17, 2011 at 11:23 PM
    Tidrow

Tidrow Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    PreRunnin' 08
    BHLM, All Black grill, Fog light Mod, AFE pro dry, 20% tint, Weathertechs, Kenwood deck, Bridgestone AT Revo 2
    Nice choice on the deck. It looks classy and is a perfect match with the black dash.

I have thought about a powered sub for my access cab, but if I had a double cab I would have two shallow mount 10's behind the seats.

9. Mar 17, 2011 at 11:44 PM
    Kingfrog

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Undercover,Pop n Lock, Hardwired GPS, Garage door opener , Scanguage II, wireless back up camera, X994 Basslink, ...Prefer stock and non invasive functional mods
    Im seriously considering the Infinity Basslink now. Seems like a good middle between the Boss and Focal.

10. Mar 18, 2011 at 9:40 AM
    BenWA

BenWA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston burbs
    Vehicle:
    '06 Double Cab TRD Off Road 4X4
    I think DD's look cool, everything else looks tacky/cheap IMO. Cogge99's setup for example looks way better than stock and is probably way more functional to boot.

11. Mar 18, 2011 at 10:09 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I voted NO but not because they are ugly. Don't get me wrong, I like the DD touchscreens and actually have a 7" hu that does everything including tv & backup camera, usb, SD, DVD, CD, MP3s, bluetooth and radio but am still resistant to installing it due to the thief factor. I'm fitty so I doesn't need earth shattering volume any more and mostly don't want people wantin to break in to get their next crack fix from the pawn shop. I like the enhanced oem functionality with the usb port added to aux and the completely factory look so that it will hopefully be passed over due to no return on their risk of being kilt or getting nothing from pawn shop to buy their rock. I do like all the fancy stuff in everyone else's trucks tho.

12. Mar 19, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    Kingfrog

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Seriously who really is that concerned about what other's think of their dashboard? LOL really..... Single DIN looks just fine to the person who matters most....UM The buyer,

That said Just had my Kenwood X995 Single DIN installed and dumped the silver scoshe kit for the black one. Because I LIKE IT!!! It has everything for music and BT and is small and indiscreet in the black install kit.

Double DINs are nice as well but I don't care for the big touch screen everything and certainly don;t need a DVD player or 7" rear view camera..LOL

13. Mar 19, 2011 at 9:25 PM
    Kingfrog

Member:
    Vehicle:
    The black mounting kit looks great and really hides the radio a lot. The Kenwood is not the "disco light" type and mine matches the dash lighting.
    Has every input for Itouch USB sticks (which Kenwood has SW to create a really nice 16GB music stick that can be left in the glove box for daily use and the iTouch for longer trips).

Infinity Basslink is next. PLENTY of bass at low volumes. That's what I like about good music systems. Hearing full frequency at lower volumes.

14. Mar 20, 2011 at 8:37 AM

52419 Well-Known Member

Member:
    someplace
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma lifted 6in on 35s
    fabtech 6in lift, 35.12.50.16s,on mt classics
    def like the double dins

15. Apr 2, 2011 at 6:49 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    LOL. Which model do you have?

Nice. I like Alpine too I've ran them in the past with no complaints. Actually I've never had issues with this Kenwood, my previous Pioneer double DIN, and the Alpine before that. Only HU I've ever had an issue with was this POS Sony Xplod I had in my first car. That thing took a shit after like 6 months and came back fucked up 2 times after being "repaired" under Best Buys warranty. Last time buying Sony HU's and last time buying car audio from Best Buy.

16. Apr 9, 2011 at 1:26 AM
    Drewboto

Drewboto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    Base model ಠ_à²
    (Former Tacoma owner) 17" Mustang wheels, Eclipse AVN 5435, Deck plate mod, vertical Maglite mount, K&N high-flow air filter, Delta gullwing box, amp, sub, 30 percent tint, floor lighting, tilt activated glove box lighting, lighting behind seat, engine bay lighting, SR5 grill surround, power windows, outside temp display
    I always think bold looking (intense blue or red light and bright silver or glossy black) Head units don't match and sometimes look tacky.

17. Apr 9, 2011 at 5:06 PM
    Tidrow

Tidrow Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    PreRunnin' 08

18. May 17, 2011 at 5:35 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    I voted yes.

I just ordered from Crutchfield a Pioneer DEH-6300UB receiver with Metra ASWC Auto Sensing Steering Wheel Cntrl Intrfc (Crutchfield's website said 2 different steering adapters work. I found out it is best to call. I almost ordered the wrong one. The customer service agent helped find the correct one for the Tacoma).

It has 30 different colors.
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1306300UB/Pioneer-DEH-6300UB.html?tp=5684
    [​IMG]

Part # 120ASWC (depends on which radio you order, so call and ask which one you need)
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120ASWC/Axxess-ASWC.html?tp=3405
    [​IMG]

If you are a Bank of America customer you can get 4% cash back with the add it up program. You have to sign in to the add it up program(add your BOA debit & or credit card to the program), find the crutchfield link & go to the crutchfield website through the add it up program.

19. May 24, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    ckeeton

ckeeton Bazinga

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Trd Sport Gray
    trd sport with avid off road light bar, avid rock sliders. OEM roof rack, 12' LED light bar, and Sock monkey decals.
    i have always hated those, really not sure why just did not like it at all and would never have one.
    but to each his own :D

20. May 29, 2011 at 10:49 PM
    zxtaco636

zxtaco636 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southeast, US
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    20% Tint all around, Debadged, Grill badge blacked out
    Getting ready to order the Pioneer AVHP4300DVD in the next couple of days. I love the ability to change settings on my headunit.

Although I am a huge music and car audio buff so this is something that I usually have to do in my vehicles.

Products Discussed in

To Top