1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Poor choice of words

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ironman_jon, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Mar 13, 2011 at 1:33 PM
    ironman_jon

ironman_jon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Sport
    URD TCAI Wicked Flow 18" 2 10in alpine type r 1500 watt amp MB 72 matte black Custom Bumper Debadged Glassworks fenders McNeil bedsides Helix TB Spacer Intake Manifold Spacer Custom Roof Rack 5x 55w HID SK2 projectors 55w DDM 5k Bulbs Camburg Long Travel Fox Coilovers
    For those of u who commented on my recent thread.

Sorry for the poor selection of words in the title, I didn't mean it to be a "disgrace" in the choice of 4x4 or 4x2. It was noted that he should have learned lesson and he did, anyone who has gotten stuck has left the situation with a little more knowledge about how they could have done something different. In this case the reason why I choose the word disgrace what that he had to repsort to getting pulled out by a jeep. We as truck owners never want to ask for help unless it is truly needed we would rather do/fix by our self. In this case a little digging and sweat he could have easily gotten out.

So once again sorry for the poor choice of words, on the other hand although the kid got stuck and said u need 4x4 to get up that hill I was eager to show him u didn't so I drove up the hill in my sport with lsd... all on the way u dive and experience I guess. Lessons learned by both parties.

2. Mar 13, 2011 at 1:35 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    It takes a big man to come back .... no offense taken.

Many times there seems to big a bid disagreement between the two (2WD vs. 4WD). It is all up to the needs of the driver.

Why pay for something that you know you will never use? The buyer needs to play the common sense card at the time of purchase instead of thinking what his buddies are going to think.

A friend of mine has a 4WD Tundra and he loves to ride in my passenger side.

3. Mar 13, 2011 at 1:43 PM
    ironman_jon

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Sport
    URD TCAI Wicked Flow 18" 2 10in alpine type r 1500 watt amp MB 72 matte black Custom Bumper Debadged Glassworks fenders McNeil bedsides Helix TB Spacer Intake Manifold Spacer Custom Roof Rack 5x 55w HID SK2 projectors 55w DDM 5k Bulbs Camburg Long Travel Fox Coilovers
    Hey I just wanted to clear up the disagreement that insured from the thread. I agree that its on the needs of the driver I wanted 4x4 when I bought the truck but I have yet to need 4x4 so it would have been a waste of $. Although it would have been nice :)

4. Mar 13, 2011 at 1:56 PM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    TW group hug!

5. Mar 13, 2011 at 2:16 PM
    ironman_jon

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner Sport
  6. Mar 14, 2011 at 7:17 AM
    all.on.black

all.on.black Well-Known Member

Member:
    Auburn, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab Sport with a few mods
    Who cares what you get pulled out by? He got free and was on his way. If I'm stuck, I don't care if it's a Segway that pulls me out. I rather get yanked out than spend countless hours of digging if I don't have to.

7. Mar 14, 2011 at 10:39 AM
    kxiong93

kxiong93 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    Double Cab 06 TRD Sport 4x4 Taco
    3in Leveling kit, 33s, pioneer indash, Front LED bar, More to come!
    :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top