1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Popping and Clanking Noise when turning.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BlueSteel, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Dec 15, 2010 at 2:58 PM
    BlueSteel

BlueSteel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    The Woodlands, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Doublecab TRD Sport Debadged
    Camburg 4" Spindles, Icon CB 2.5 adjustables front and rear, Total Chaos Upper/Lower CAs, Alcan 5" Rear Leafs, Timbren Bumpstops, 5" SS Brakelines, 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 18" KMC Monsters, Grill Craft Black Mesh Upper, Predator Running Boards, All Pro Rear Bumper and Hitch, Wet Okole Covers, Toyota Roof Rack, Limo Tint, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Weathertech Mats, Redline Hood Struts, Red Top Odyssey battery, BDF Light Bar, Foglight anytime Mod, Lo Pro QT Truxedo Tonneau cover, Rocky Mount Bike Pegs.
    I get a loud binding pop sometimes that sounds like a coil binding and then releasing when turned at full lock. In addition to that, I get this engaging clank noise when turning the steering wheel from left to right or vice versa when backing up into my parking space. It sounds almost like a front locker engaging and disengaging.

Has anyone experienced this on their 2nd gen with the Toytec Ultimate lift?

Is it my CV's, Rack in pinion, or lower control arm bushings?

2. Dec 15, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    freeskier865

freeskier865 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    travis bowdle
    utah
    afe stage 2 cold air,afe catback, 17x9 xd Addict, 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratrac's, toytech 3inch lift kit(5100's all four corners front set at 0 with toytech 3inch coil spring, 2 inch toytec AAL, Spidertraxx 1.25" wheel spacer
    check the all the bolts on the control arms and steering knuckles mine was doing that and now i'm missing a bolt the connects the lower control arm on to the steering knuckle

3. Dec 22, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    Duff Man

Duff Man Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    AEM CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, DT headers, all speakers replaced with (2) 10's and amp behind rear seats, color matched grill, grillcraft, projector headlights, 8000k HID's, DC Torque wheels, 3" Toytec lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks.
    Did you ever get it taken care of?

To Top