1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Port and polish intake manifold, throttle body.

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by lmur, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Jun 8, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    A friend of mine, had his lower plenum ceramic coated on the outside, as well as anti-friction coated on the inside. He had that done here in Houston at www.polydyn.com

That is where I have also had my exhaust components coated. Just another option.

05Taco4x4 likes this.
  2. Jun 9, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    pavemobile

pavemobile Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport SR5 PreRunner
    K&N Intake
    I have seen Polydyn's website, I will give them a call and price check. I won't coat the upper plastic plenum, only the lower aluminum section to keep temp's down, I'm not sure how the longevity would work with the plastic. With gas quality going down and prices going up I thought I would try a little induction improvement. I like the Magnaflow aftermarket exhaust manifolds/converters, they look like the old tubular headers/shorties produced in the 90's. I'm trying to convince myself the price for a set for a street driven truck is a good way to go.

3. Mar 14, 2020 at 1:26 PM
    rydr1

rydr1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I wonder if this would yield results on a Dyno run.

4. Mar 15, 2020 at 8:31 AM
    JustDSM

JustDSM Oderint Dum Metuant

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Ogden, UT
    Vehicle:
    2023 Ford Raptor
    I’ve got hand ported upper and lower manifolds. Extensive datalogs show improved airflow, but the delta was pretty small. Unless extensive work is done to the motor, I don’t see the net gains being any more than what you’d experience with typical truck to truck variance.

Torspd likes this.
  5. May 2, 2020 at 12:23 AM
    WillDaBeast84taco

WillDaBeast84taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma V6 4.0
    all stock so far, but looking to get some part soon. I want to add boost
    what kind of oil catch can are you referring to and where can I get one can you point me in the direction so I can check it out please thank you

6. May 2, 2020 at 12:24 AM
    WillDaBeast84taco

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma V6 4.0
    I'm also working on my 2013 Toyota Tacoma V6 4.0 it's a 1gr Fe and I'm doing a lot of super duper custom work online you guys will have no idea how intense I'm going with this one to see the pictures you guys will be jaw dropped I will post pictures here soon I would like to see all your jobs can't wait to see them please post all the pics

7. May 2, 2020 at 6:24 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    :popcorn:

0xDEADBEEF likes this.
  8. May 2, 2020 at 8:15 AM
    TodayWasTHeDaY

TodayWasTHeDaY Hoser

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB SC M/T TRD Sport
    Uhm, me too. Joking, but I do have everything apart and ready to do some work. Going to do runners and inlet and 76mm throttle body which comes next week. SC outlet too but not sure how much to open that up yet. Seen tons of pictures from different porting services and there are many different shapes for the outlet and there are limits to how much this SC outlet can be opened up due to the casting.

Athlaos likes this.
  9. May 2, 2020 at 6:11 PM
    WillDaBeast84taco

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma V6 4.0
    do it yourself then you can have the bragging rights of you built it and I bought it

10. Aug 6, 2020 at 8:59 AM
    TacoFergie

TacoFergie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Iowa
    Curious if anyone has any updates on these builds/mods. I am always interested in this kind of stuff to see the improvements that are made!

11. Aug 6, 2020 at 9:01 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Yeah, would like this.

12. Aug 6, 2020 at 9:09 AM
    TireFire

TireFire Superunknown Member

Member:
    Olympic Peninsula
    Op hasn’t been seen in 7 years, fyi

13. Aug 6, 2020 at 9:11 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Muffukka

14. Aug 6, 2020 at 10:04 AM
    TodayWasTHeDaY

TodayWasTHeDaY Hoser

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB SC M/T TRD Sport
    JustDSM's post from earlier for a NA truck.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...old-throttle-body.273600/page-2#post-22937792

On my truck I did a whole pile of stuff at once (SC porting and smoothing, tundra throttle body, lightweight pulleys and flywheel, cam gears, URD headers, etc) so it's impossible to gauge the effect of the smoothing on the intake manifold. The truck jumps though and accelerates very nicely.

Athlaos and BassAckwards like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top