1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

portable awning

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by eddyizm, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Oct 6, 2018 at 2:30 PM
    eddyizm

eddyizm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB 4x4 Cement
    Hey everyone,
    I've been looking at some of the mountable awnings available but have seen some people do some DIY set ups with tarps and even canvas. I've been searching for something and ran across the portable awning/shelter/beach style ones.

Some cost less and look not as sturdy but at the same time a little more versatile. I was wondering if anyone has picked one up and what they thought about it?

I'm considering this one as it is light and has an extra side panel. Also like that I could use it on it's own for picnics or beach trips away from the truck.

Any thoughts?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0793CV4QW/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A1XHBJGGS102AI&psc=1

Looks like there's several similar ones. Also, not sure if this was the right forum to post so mods please feel free to move.

2. Oct 6, 2018 at 2:32 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seems like a lot of coin for an umbrella with a flap on it.

There’s a lot of inexpensive options made of ripstop or even sil-nylon, and a ton of info online on how to pitch them in different ways and different situations.

3. Oct 7, 2018 at 9:32 AM
    eddyizm

eddyizm [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB 4x4 Cement
    I agree it's a lot of coin which is why I'm hesitant. do you have any links? I found one walk through on expeditionportal.com.

4. Oct 26, 2018 at 7:39 PM
    BrotherBudro

BrotherBudro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 Access Cab, V6 4X4
    Leer 100XR, Dual Battery, Dog Platform, Sleeping Platform, Ham, CB, Light Bar, Rear Lights,
    I've got a Slumberjack Roadhouse Tarp that I really like. It's a little more than what you posted but it is SOLID. The poles are stout, can be configured in multiple ways (tho I've only used the 2 pole method), good size, keeps a nice dry area outside the tailgate (if you sleep back there).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

stbear and eddyizm[OP] like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top