1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Portable Jump Starters

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Thektbird, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Mar 13, 2021 at 7:38 AM
    vtdog

vtdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH
    My motto with Harbor Freight has always been "If it has a motor, or an engine don't buy", but HF has a number of jump starters. I don't know if they are devices which would fall into being something that should be avoided. So, does anyone have any thoughts on the HF starters?

2. Mar 13, 2021 at 3:54 PM
    Waasheem

Waasheem The catholic radio bear

Member:
    First Name:
    Waasheem
    Vehicle:
    2007 xrunner
    I have a similar opinion of that place. You really have to look at something there before buying while thinking I might get the job done with this tool, it might not break, I might not get hurt or killed using it. Even a hammer I got there, I figured a hammer is a hammer. No, it felt completely unbalanced in my hand and was difficult to use.

But then some people only buy their tools from there and are happy with it. I know some guys who only buy snapon and got 100k in their box, crazy. To each their own.

3. Mar 13, 2021 at 3:58 PM
    Extra Hard Taco

Extra Hard Taco Survivor of the winter of misery and death.

Member:
    First Name:
    R.J.
    Clown World
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD OR
    ARB Bumper, SOS sliders, rear bumper, and skid plate. OME Lift. Some other stuff.
    NOCO for the win.

Naveronski likes this.
  4. Jul 19, 2021 at 9:21 PM
    TacoTuesday1

TacoTuesday1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    if every automotive shop has 10 NOCOboosts that people bought with their own money and rely upon regularly to put food on the table
    I would not trust another brand

5. Nov 11, 2022 at 9:00 AM
    akelty

akelty Member

Member:
    I have the NOCO XL GB50 from Everstart Jump Starter and am quite happy with it. It is small and lightweight and can jump most cars and trucks on road trips. It is my recommendation to use this battery jumper. The best thing about it is that you don't have to ask strangers for help or wait for someone to come help you jump your car. Another portable battery jumper I had from Harbor Freight was heavy and bulky.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
To Top