1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Portland alignment shop recommendations

Discussion in 'North West' started by Teton12, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Apr 13, 2018 at 3:03 PM
    Teton12

Teton12 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma dclb
    looking for any recommendations for a good alignment shop in the Portland area. I have a lifted 2017 tacoma and last tech wasn’t the best

2. Apr 17, 2018 at 9:20 AM
    Shikokaon

Shikokaon Slacker Extraordinaire

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma D-Cab Off Road (MT)
    I (as well as other peeps i know) usually take mine to Jim Bacon's in Beaverton.

Other folks like to use Firestone as they got the LifeTime alignments, but some shops/workers are luck of the draw on if they are good or not...

lo2hi likes this.
  3. Apr 23, 2018 at 10:05 PM
    stikle

stikle Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    The Sovereign State of Eastern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1997 LX Xtracab 4x4 V6 3.4L
    Eh, see my Build Thread sig link. Too many mods to list.
    I've got the Lifetime alignment on both vehicles, and the one before that, the one before that.... Totally worth it IMO. But at my normal Firestone I was once told that they couldn't align it because the front end was worn out and needed a new one at $700. Uh...no. Went to another shop and told them the story. They checked the alignment and found nothing wrong. I subsequently went back to the normal shop and never had a problem again with a misdiagnosis. I usually just scheduled an oil change and alignment check every 7K miles (synthetic oil).

Outside of that, when I got my Taco, the rear end was bent. On the East side (up 205 past Clackamas) you can go to Kalberers. They straightened the rear and did the alignment. Definitely make an appointment instead of trying to just get in. They seemed really busy when I picked my truck up.

4. Apr 23, 2018 at 10:37 PM
    lo2hi

lo2hi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chiro
    Portland, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2006 Impulse Red Tacoma 4.0L 6-Speed 4WD
    265/75R16 Falken Wildpeaks AT3W & KMC Enduros AFE air intake Bilstein 5100 & Eibach Springs & Ironman4x4 performance leaf Magnaflow 12866 muffler
    I got mine done at Norb's Alignment in Hillsboro for like $90. Originally went to Firestone, but couldn't do the lifetime due to wheel bearings being bad. Think I'll be going back there now that I have it swapped, and they offer Lifetime alignment deal.

5. Sep 1, 2018 at 8:29 PM
    greysands

greysands Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gray
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off-Road Taco
    Upgraded interior, LEDs in and out - work in progress
    Personally, I stick with the Firestone in Beaverton as I know the manager there and he ensures shit is squared away. I say it is all about "feeling out" the store/shop and developing some rapport with the techs who be touching up on your rig. To borrow a phrase from Always Sunny, I make sure I give the ocular pat-down of anyone who touches my Taco or Subi.

lo2hi likes this.
  6. Nov 6, 2018 at 8:59 PM
    1fun701

1fun701 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    18 Cement TRD OffRoad
    I've had great luck with these guys over the years. Used them on a number of cars I've had. Sent folks there and they've all had good luck too. They have two companies, A-N-T Tires and Trackside in the same place. Little hole in the wall off Interstate. I'm new to the truck world, but they do a lot of rally stuff, so I'm assuming they do truck stuff.

http://tracksideracetires.com/

7. Nov 7, 2018 at 12:46 PM
    gpdx

gpdx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD Offroad
    5100/887, topper, rack, 265/75/16
    I'll second that. They are really nice and helpful and come highly recommended by friends of mine that are deep in classic car and racing worlds. Also, I bought my 1st gen from one of the guys that works there. He took great car of that truck and knows Toyotas well.

Products Discussed in

To Top